• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Tilapia, salmon, snapper, flounder, codfish/saltfish.

Those are my aces in the hole where fish are concerned.

As for seasoning, all fish needs is lemon pepper, butter, lime juice/garlic and Old Bay. Get some hot sauce on the side if you need it, and you are winrar.

Lobsters are bottom feeders at well but that doesn't stop people from paying $$$ for it. What are these bones you guys keep talking about?? NUGGETS FOO'S! NUGGETS! lol

DrFunk said:
Tilapia or whiting = <3
Yes Whiting FTW! Too bad it's not as popular in the south as Tilapia =/

LosDaddie

Banned
The catfish was damn good.... almost too good. Fried catfish strips basket (fries & hushpuppies) and some sweet tea. I'm hitting the gym harder than usual after work today. :lol

Parallax said:
white people dont eat catfish? thats new to me.

I was just repeating what my co-worker said. :lol The place had plenty of white people today, but no one in our office eats there.

Is catfish thought of as poor people food? I didn't know that. I thought it was more of Southern thing.

DominoKid

LosDaddie said:
Negro-GAF: What's your thoughts on catfish?

I ask because I'm lunch eating today at a catfish place with a black co-worker because apparently I'm "the only person in here who will eat catfish. These white people don't know what they're missing"...my co-worker's words, not mine. :lol I usually only eat out on Fridays, but he said he'll pay for me since he's craving catfish.

I fux w/ fried catfish. its good as shit even if its a hassle to eat.

I used to keep catfish as pets when I lived in Nigeria. I also wanted to keep chickens somewhere near the house. I actually had a neighbor with turkeys, but ironically I hadn't tasted a turkey until I came to Canada. Memories <3

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Just finished "The Black Caesar" episode in L.A. Noire. Probably my favorite so far, or at least one of my top 3. Loved whoever played Jermaine Jones.

Topher said:
Just finished "The Black Caesar" episode in L.A. Noire. Probably my favorite so far, or at least one of my top 3. Loved whoever played Jermaine Jones.
Damn you have me itching to hop back on the game I am still on "The White Shoe Slaying". It's taking me a while to progress because I suck at the game and the focus I need to get a good rating on the cases just isn't there after a long day at work lol. So it's pretty much a Saturday morning only game for me.
Dreams-Visions said:
yessir!

also, I submit a vote for Salmon, Halibut, and Ahi Tuna.

Shout out to yellow fin tuna and walleye.
Sea Bass > *.

Any specific tips on the type of preferred sunscreen for our skin type? I have a little part-time job doing car inventory and I'll be outside the whole time. My face around the nose has been itching and peeling like crazy the last couple of days.

bgassassin said:
Any specific tips on the type of preferred sunscreen for our skin type? I have a little part-time job doing car inventory and I'll be outside the whole time. My face around the nose has been itching and peeling like crazy the last couple of days.
sunscreen? what manner of devilry do you speak of here?

bgassassin said:

??

zero_suit

bgassassin said:

What's that? :p

guys maybe he just has sensitive skin. Visit your dermatologist bro.

Lebron said:
The fuck is sunscreen. Is that what Snipes puts on to prevent the spreading?
LMAO

Satchwar said:
boy you better hit up that cocoa butter

sunscreen, smh
respeckknuckles.jpg

rub that all over yourself after a shower. Seals in moisture and keeps your skin looking good.

DominoKid

bgassassin said:

HE LIGHTSKIN!!!

hpg0708_071016_wade_mourning_03.jpg

bgassassin said:
ROFL! These responses are almost like the searches I found.
maybe you should try cocoa or shea butter. That might help.

on a sidenote: I find it funny how all these anti-aging creams are now advertising that they feature shea butter. People back home have been using that shit for generations.

Visited family in Texas last week and they were big fish eaters. Plus they introduced me to crawfish. It was alright, but they ate it like it was the best thing ever

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
PhoenixDark said:
Visited family in Texas last week and they were big fish eaters. Plus they introduced me to crawfish. It was alright, but they ate it like it was the best thing ever
Depends how it's cooked. Fried crawfish and remoulade sauce... IS the best thing ever.

but catfish and texas pete will suffice.

lightless_shado said:
maybe you should try cocoa or shea butter. That might help.

Some quick searches have pointed me to some cocoa butter with SPF protection and sunscreen with cocoa butter as a base. Using it by itself won't work from experience. I don't know what's wrong with my skin (have been saying for years I need to go to a dermatologist for various reasons) and its sensitivity. Even when I played football my skin would peel during summer practices. And for the record I'm not light-skinned, I'm the "forgotten" complexion in the long-standing light-skinned vs dark-skinned battle.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm not really a big fish guy myself, but I do get down on some Tilapia or Catfish from time to time. I'm also addicted to the Coconut Shrimp from Red Lobster (yes I know the sterotype lol). I do eat sushi though, tastes awesome imo.

bgassassin said:
And for the record I'm not light-skinned, I'm the "forgotten" complexion in the long-standing light-skinned vs dark-skinned battle.
The middle-ground sorta murky, red clay black skin? That's what my Dad is, it always tripped people out back in HS when they realized who my Dad was even though I'm dark-skinned.

Kaizer said:
The middle-ground sorta murky, red clay black skin? That's what my Dad is, it always tripped people out back in HS when they realized who my Dad was even though I'm dark-skinned.

Sounds about right actually. My mother used to call me "Redman" when I was little because of that. Apparently since "I got Indian in my family" on both sides, that gene dominated a lot of things with me. I'm darker than both of my parents with with my dad being kind of a light brown and my mother being a little more brown than him. What sucks though is I can't grow facial or body hair for anything thanks that gene dominating like it does. Most men get 5 o'clock shadow, I get 10-day shadow with a couple of bald spots.

Now that I think about it, I'm also supposed to have a Caucasian great-great-grandfather so that might be why skin peels like it does in the sun.

Can't hate on a smaller Jill Scott - any Jill Scott is a good Jill Scott.

I also can't wait for her to come out with some big tune and suddenly be a big deal, like she wasn't destroying mics while she was bigger.

LOL MEDIA REPRESENTATION OF BIG WOMEN OR BLACK WOMEN LOL, and all that.

So while we're here talking about music by proxy, I have a confession to make:

...I may hate Debarge.

And another confession:

In the MJ v Prince battle, MJ won. Fuck Prince.

#justsayin

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
bgassassin said:
What do y'all think about the "new" Jill Scott?

[IG]http://hellobeautiful.com/files/2011/05/Jill-Scott-Ebony-June-2011-wm.jpg[/IMG]
Would shag, no question.

captmcblack said:
Can't hate on a smaller Jill Scott - any Jill Scott is a good Jill Scott.

I also can't wait for her to come out with some big tune and suddenly be a big deal, like she wasn't destroying mics while she was bigger.
Yeah right. Luther was never the same after he lost the weight! #showsage

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
captmcblack said:
...I may hate Debarge.

And another confession:

In the MJ v Prince battle, MJ won. Fuck Prince.

#justsayin

no comment on the debarge thing, but i cant with good conscience pick a side in prince vs mj on the scale of who won. too many factors in play

MWS Natural said:
Yeah right. Luther was never the same after he lost the weight! #showsage

thats because thin luther was wierd. you just knew he was terminally ill. my granny cried when she saw pictures of him because she thought there was something wrong.

Imm0rt4l

Osama bin Laden’s Former Mistress and award winning novelist Kola Boof Blasts Off On Wale Via Twitter. The verbal lashing began when Kola expressed her concern regarding Wale not having black women of a dark complexion in his videos to another twitter user but quickly took a turn for the worse when Wale fans began to speak up.

“There wasn’t a single Black woman in “Pretty Girls”…so what in the f— was he saying about African women?? His own race?” @WALE is a little Punk B—h Nigerian Skin Bleacher who wants to escape his own people & gets PAID 2 do s. I know enough about @WALE …and he’s a LOSER a– Motherf—er in my book. Don’t give a s–t who’s IN DENIAL. F–k WALE

If #WALE was my g–damn son I’d drown that Chimp-brained Nigerian N—erstock motherf—er. And feed his a– to the Red Ants. Loser mofo! And Black Women….keep making excuses & supporting these mofos…..that’s what IRKs me. Dumb a– Black Women. You would think Black Women would have 2 halves of a brain to tune out these mofos..but they the #1 supporters. This man HATES US…hates our whole f—ing existence & wants to escape blackness…and we making him rich!!??

“To me….a man like WALE….is no different than a f—ing Clansmen. He just gets away with his s–t bec. he’s dark black. But let WALE have to decide between saving YOU from drowning and a European. He’s a skin bleacher. Might as well be Jergen. NO DUMB A–….he doesn’t “REP” Nigeria. You’re just too stupid to see his messages. He promotes f—ing SKIN BLEACHING!

Why wouldn’t NIGERIAN children want to bleach their skin after watching a WALE video?? How could they not? Think about the IMAGES in Wale’s videos….and then look at why Nigerian kids, both male & female, want to skin bleach. HIS VIDEOS!! partly. Just remember….that KOLA will kick your f—ing a– @WALE ……you’re f—ing GUPPIE! OH PLEASE….people are acting like I can’t cuss someone out because I’m a Novelist?….I’m harder than ANY f—ing rapper. NOVELIST, POET….Bin laden’s Ex-Mistress….and **HARDER** than any f—ing Rapper. These punks are snot nosed wimps. Wale….is a f—ing Nigerian Cl-t-B—h. F–k Wale. Oh please….I’m HARDER than any rapper…….you insecure little colortsruck roach invaders.”

“Kola boof… I won’t beef with you as a rapper, but as a proud black man with intellect. We can show the world what ignorance looks like. Excuse me @KolaBoof.

According to this lunatic @kolaboof I promote “skin bleaching” and I hate black women. And @kolaboof thinks that because she contributed to writing a few books, that she can talk down to me. With all due respect ms @kolaboof I can sit up here and say you were porking terrorist…like a lot of your peers say. But I’d rather not, because I’m ignorant to @kolaboof whatever relationship you had with Ol’ Boy [Osama bin Laden]. ..and my ignorance to THAT particular subject will keep me quiet. W/ that said u should 2. @kolaboof your pretentious. Your a disgusting human being, an absolute disgrace to the very people you pretend to endorse. “

*listens to Shades

Parallax

Lebron

If #WALE was my g–damn son I’d drown that Chimp-brained Nigerian N—erstock motherf—er. And feed his a– to the Red Ants. Loser mofo! And Black Women….keep making excuses & supporting these mofos…..that’s what IRKs me. Dumb a– Black Women. You would think Black Women would have 2 halves of a brain to tune out these mofos..but they the #1 supporters. This man HATES US…hates our whole f—ing existence & wants to escape blackness…and we making him rich!!??

“To me….a man like WALE….is no different than a f—ing Clansmen. He just gets away with his s–t bec. he’s dark black. But let WALE have to decide between saving YOU from drowning and a European. He’s a skin bleacher. Might as well be Jergen. NO DUMB A–….he doesn’t “REP” Nigeria. You’re just too stupid to see his messages. He promotes f—ing SKIN BLEACHING!

k7hsz.jpg

“There wasn’t a single Black woman in “Pretty Girls”…so what in the f— was he saying about African women?? His own race?” @WALE is a little Punk B—h Nigerian Skin Bleacher who wants to escape his own people & gets PAID 2 do s. I know enough about @WALE …and he’s a LOSER a– Motherf—er in my book. Don’t give a s–t who’s IN DENIAL. F–k WALE

Why wouldn’t NIGERIAN children want to bleach their skin after watching a WALE video?? How could they not? Think about the IMAGES in Wale’s videos….and then look at why Nigerian kids, both male & female, want to skin bleach. HIS VIDEOS!! partly. Just remember….that KOLA will kick your f—ing a– @WALE ……you’re f—ing GUPPIE! OH PLEASE….people are acting like I can’t cuss someone out because I’m a Novelist?….I’m harder than ANY f—ing rapper. NOVELIST, POET….Bin laden’s Ex-Mistress….and **HARDER** than any f—ing Rapper. These punks are snot nosed wimps. Wale….is a f—ing Nigerian Cl-t-B—h. F–k Wale. Oh please….I’m HARDER than any rapper…….you insecure little colortsruck roach invaders.”
SimmonsDAMN.gif

Haha...

This thread has delivered the goods.

Imm0rt4l

What I took away from that read is that apparently Osama had jumpoffs, I didn't know he got down like that.....and he liked the dark meat too? Dude must've been the middle eastern equivalent to Bill Clinton if you become famous for being a mistress. Ol girl went hard in the paint though haha.

Parallax

Urban Scholar said:
....I'll say it...dat ether

not even close. that was childish name calling. if she had broken him down instead of throwing fucked up insults, i would agree

Top Bottom