• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

MisterOmegaOne said:
lol im serious
If your serious you wouldn't have come in insulting people that never had anything negative to say towards you.

Then you also wouldn't be using teh in a sentence.

Which leads me to believe you are trolling, or just incredibly ignorant take your pick.

spindashing said:
Posting shit like:

That's being serious? You're acting pretty asinine if you ask me.
I'm just trying to help lost black people. Serious. I am not a troll.

There is a stereotype that black men bang any kind of woman bro.... rather she be fat and white or just all around trashy.

and from what i seen that stereotype is somewhat true. I dont why that is but black men seem to pick terrible undeserving woman of another color over there own. Its like you hate black woman deep down. What other race of people hate there own woman like black men? You dont appreciate black beauty at all.

Londa

Banned
MisterOmegaOne said:
lol im serious

Warning (because no one else will tell you): Wait until you hit member to start trolling. But I think being racist might get you a perma bann.

saying "teh Blackness" is offensive because, is that what you think black people talk like? Saying that also it makes you sound like you are belittling being black by saying "teh Blackness". No one black saids they have blackness. Its that they are black, or proud to be black. Black Culture is not "teh Blackness" either.

And finally saying "I'm serious" along with a "lol" is proving you aren't serious. Come on, be a little creditable.

I'm just trying to help lost black people.

help lost black people.

lost black people.

you are lost, blind, stupid, and dumb for saying that.

Londa said:
Warning (because no one else will tell you): Wait until you hit member to start trolling. But I think being racist might get you a perma bann.

saying "teh Blackness" is offensive because, is that what you think black people talk like? Saying that also it makes you sound like you are belittling being black by saying "teh Blackness". No one black saids they have blackness. Its that they are black, or proud to be black. Black Culture is not "teh Blackness" either.

And finally saying "I'm serious" along with a "lol" is proving you aren't serious. Come on, be a little creditable.
"teh" was a typo,

Im black...
soundscream said:
If your serious you wouldn't have come in insulting people that never had anything negative to say towards you.

Then you also wouldn't be using teh in a sentence.

Which leads me to believe you are trolling, or just incredibly ignorant take your pick.
that was a typo

MisterOmegaOne said:
I'm just trying to help lost black people. Serious. I am not a troll.

There is a stereotype that black men bang any kind of woman bro.... rather she be fat and white or just all around trashy.

From what i seen that stereotype is somewhat true. I dont why that is but black men seem to pick terrible undeserving woman over there own. Its like you hate black woman deep down. What other race of people hate there own woman like black men? You dont appreciate black beauty at all.
You're not helping anyone in what you've said in the last page at all. You are merely inciting negativity in our minds.

There is a stereotype that black males go for the worst looking white girl/trashy white girl, and maybe you could have started an actual conversation by STARTING with a claim like that rather than talk down on us for no reason.

The stereotype is not true. Where do you live? Every race, and I mean every race has intermingled. It's not about hatred of their own race, it's about actual feelings. I won't discredit you totally, there probably are a few/a lot of Uncle Ruckus' out there dating white women due to hatred of their own skin/culture/etc, but that is not totally the idea and saying it's totally the idea is pretty immature.

But saying, "Y'all are excused, I didn't know you were half-breeders"? Lol ok

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
MisterOmegaOne said:
Do you associate yourself with African American culture?

heres the thing. start by introducing yourself instead of questioning others. questions like this are just going to make others hostile towards you

spindashing said:
You're not helping anyone in what you've said in the last page at all. You are merely inciting negativity in our minds.

There is a stereotype that black males go for the worst looking white girl/trashy white girl, and maybe you could have started an actual conversation by STARTING with a claim like that rather than talk down on us for no reason.

The stereotype is not true.
Where do you live? Every race, and I mean every race has intermingled. It's not about hatred of their own race, it's about actual feelings. I won't discredit you totally, there probably are a few/a lot of Uncle Ruckus' out there dating white women due to hatred of their own skin/culture/etc, but that is not totally the idea and saying it's totally the idea is pretty immature.
I live in Dallas.

There is an acceptance amongst black men to openly date outside their race, more than any other men from another race. Your gonna tell me thats not true?? Because statistics and studies will back up my claim. Why is that?

I see it. I know it. Its a problem amongst us African Americans. We should stop hating black women. We have a self hate deep inside of us. For the black woman and for ourselves. It needs to stop.

Parallax said:
heres the thing. start by introducing yourself instead of questioning others. questions like this are just going to make others hostile towards you
soundscream said:
Come on son this is a gaming forum you think I dont know what teh is from. So know you are not only ignorant your a liar as well.
I just wanted a convo. Thats all.

george_us

Ahahaha no way I could date just black women. Shit I post on GAF so that right there cuts the pool of dateable women down by, like, 85%.:lol:

Parallax

MisterOmegaOne said:
I live in Dallas.

There is an acceptance amongst black men to openly date outside their race, more than any other men from another race. Your gonna tell me thats not true?? Because statistics and studies will back up my claim. Why is that?

I see it. I know it. Its a problem amongst us African Americans. We should stop hating black women. We have a self hate deep inside of us. For the black woman and for ourselves. It needs to stop.

introduce yourself. tell us about you. that could and has started conversations in the past

george_us said:
Ahahaha no way I could date just black women. Shit I post on GAF so that right there cuts the pool of dateable women down by, like, 85%.:lol:
What the fuck does posting on GAF have to do with your dating life?

- Where you're from - Chicago
- Where you live - Dallas
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American
- Do you know your roots? Hell yeah.
- Your Age - 22
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop/ Soul
- Your profession/major/career interest - Freelance
- Your religious affiliation - Christian
- Hobbies - Video games

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?

Doesn't do any good. I have a lot to say about this but maybe another time.

MisterOmegaOne said:
Do you associate yourself with African American culture?

I'm black.
I associate myself with black culture.

Since I'm of Haitian descent, I am in that culture. Since I'm black in America, the cultural commonalities of black Americans are mine as well. Since Haitian people in America have cultural things they share as a result of being part of the diaspora, I'm there too.

Being black has a lot of little things to it.

MisterOmegaOne said:
I live in Dallas.

Well you have just won. I have never done this but you are the first person to ever go on my ignore list. I would say nice knowing you but it hasn't been.

MisterOmegaOne said:
I live in Dallas.

I don't know. I think the White + Asian relationship is more common than Blacks dating outside their race. Plus not a big percentage of blacks date outside their race in comparison to dating amongst their own race. It's not as big of a beast as you claim. Maybe in your little town there's a prevalence of the sort of "I hate black girls/myself so let me get a white hoodrat" but don't equate your section of the world to the whole US.

So then:

1 - Why are interracial relationships a problem amongst "us African-Americans"?

2 - How do interracial relationships equate to self-hatred?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
spindashing said:
I don't know. I think the White + Asian relationship is more common than Blacks dating outside their race. Plus not a big percentage of blacks date outside their race in comparison to dating amongst their own race. It's not as big of a beast as you claim. Maybe in your little town there's a prevalence of the sort of "I hate black girls/myself so let me get a white hoodrat" but don't equate your section of the world to the whole US.

So then:

1 - Why are interracial relationships a problem amongst "us African-Americans"?

2 - How do interracial relationships equate to self-hatred?

I'll agree with you on the white+asian tip.
now that I think about it, not many of my black friends date outside like I do. Granted I'm mixed but still, I'm open to all colors of the rainbow lol.

a friend and I have this thing when we goto lunch, we count how many white+asian couples we see, it started to the fact that we saw so many on a regular basis.

Satch

Banned
He said he lives in Dallas, so I can see why he feels relations between black men and women are that way.

(I've lived all my life in and around Dallas.)

Parallax

Londa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKyMWd2HAO4&NR=1

whoa this is too the extreme. The last part reminds me of gaf and thier view of naturally born women and the opposite of that.

wait, first talk about having babies then being a man? what the hell?

Slayven said:
Watching music videos from around the world makes me wonder what music would be like if there were never any black people.

some other race would be exploited in our place.

Londa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKyMWd2HAO4&NR=1

whoa this is too the extreme. The last part reminds me of gaf and thier view of naturally born women and the opposite of that.
"What is that on your neck?"

"My adams' apple. I used to be a man but it doesn't matter black men love a white girl with a booty."

oh my god LOL.

Slayven said:
Watching music videos from around the world makes me wonder what music would be like if there were never any black people.
Non-existant!

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:

"My adams' apple. I used to be a man but it doesn't matter black men love a white girl with a booty."

oh my god LOL.

Non-existant!

"My adams' apple. I used to be a man but it doesn't matter, white men love a asian girl with a 10 year old boy's body."

lol j/k ;D

Londa said:

"My adams' apple. I used to be a man but it doesn't matter, white men love a asian girl with a 10 year old boy's body."

lol j/k ;D

Ouch. :lol

Holy shit, these videos are awesome. I remember one of them being shared eons ago in this thread but I never realized there were more of them.

There's nothing wrong with interracial relationships, but MisterOmegaOne is certainly right about black men seeming to chase women outside their race rather than date within it. Black men will date the most homely, overweight white woman before giving many black women a chance. I realize the socio-economic factors: overweight white women have similar incomes to black men, live within proximity, etc so it's not surprising. But many black men seem to feel like dating a white woman automatically puts them a step ahead of fellow black men.

I realize this is a stereotype, and I'm not suggesting every black man, or even a majority, act like PXG for instance. But this is certainly a valid topic of conversation that needs to be addressed

Parallax

PhoenixDark said:
There's nothing wrong with interracial relationships, but MisterOmegaOne is certainly right about black men seeming to chase women outside their race rather than date within it. Black men will date the most homely, overweight white woman before giving many black women a chance. I realize the socio-economic factors: overweight white women have similar incomes to black men, live within proximity, etc so it's not surprising. But many black men seem to feel like dating a white woman automatically puts them a step ahead of fellow black men.

I realize this is a stereotype, and I'm not suggesting every black man, or even a majority, act like PXG for instance. But this is certainly a valid topic of conversation that needs to be addressed

havent seen you here in a while...

PhoenixDark said:

Everytime this arguement is brought up, I instantly think of this scene in Don't Be a Menace.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case but there's nothing to prove that it's what all black men believe or what the majority of black men believe, it is just a stereotype.

If some black males believe this, then it is very unfortunate for them in my opinion. Stupidity breeds stupidity I guess, just keep it away from me.

justjohn

PhoenixDark said:

So we're just gonna ignore the fact that the overwhelming majority of black men are actually married or dating black women and actually prefer black women?

This whole black men White women thing is the most overblown pairing today. I understand the history behind this pairing but it's really not as prevalent as some people would like you to believe. It just stands out more.

Btw it does not need to be addressed because it's really not serious. Why do you care who the next man is fucking anyway?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
PhoenixDark said:

MisterOmegaOne said:
I live in Dallas.

Show me that statistic. Because I'm pretty sure that it will show white men having more multiracial relationships than any others.

Most of my early life was spent around black women. I don't hate black women. However I have dealt with a lot of stereotypes regarding black women, both from women of color, and black men. I've seen the effects of folks downing black girls because of how dark their skin is, how large or skinny they are, how they talk, how they walk, etc. My mother and sisters are beautiful, but my sisters were definitely scarred from being teased and picked on when they were younger.

family.jpg

I'll also say that I'm one of those black guys who rarely finds black women with really dark skin attractive. My ex is the only one that I can think of - I thought she was gorgeous. Her parents were from Ghana. But she seems to be the exception. I didn't find any of her sisters cute at all, and in that Bill Duke documentary trailer, I only found the one at 1:41 attractive.

My current girlfriend is mixed.

alicia.jpg

So does this mean I hate myself and black women?

Parallax

mr jones said:
Show me that statistic. Because I'm pretty sure that it will show white men having more multiracial relationships than any others.

Most of my early life was spent around black women. I don't hate black women. However I have dealt with a lot of stereotypes regarding black women, both from women of color, and black men. I've seen the effects of folks downing black girls because of how dark their skin is, how large or skinny they are, how they talk, how they walk, etc. My mother and sisters are beautiful, but my sisters were definitely scarred from being teased and picked on when they were younger.

I'll also say that I'm one of those black guys who rarely finds black women with really dark skin attractive. My ex is the only one that I can think of - I thought she was gorgeous. Her parents were from Ghana. But she seems to be the exception. I didn't find any of her sisters cute at all, and in that Bill Duke documentary trailer, I only found the one at 1:41 attractive.

depending on who you talk to here, your girl may not be black, even if she considers herself so.

Bleepey

mr jones said:

family.jpg

alicia.jpg

I'd fuck the shit out of your sisters :). Especially the tall one. :D

Londa

Banned

outside of this thread gaf would say yes, because they see someone mixed as someone not black enough or someone who can not call themselves black. But my ex was Hispanic and I don't hate blacks. We actually talked about black culture all the time, he was very interested in it. However he didn't see me as black because I'm around your gf's shade but I'm not mixed.

All of the women you've posted are beautiful, @mr jones.

Just wanted to say that.

What a shame that if they were posted in the black woman thread they would be too pretty or too light to be truly a black American. what is wrong with people??

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Londa said:
outside of this thread gaf would say yes, because they see someone mixed as someone not black enough or someone who can not call themselves black. But my ex was Hispanic and I don't hate blacks. We actually talked about black culture all the time, he was very interested in it. However he didn't see me as black because I'm around your gf's shade but I'm not mixed.

Are your parents your complexion? What's their ethnicity?

She grew up in a small town that was mostly white, then went to a mostly white college, so when she moved to Minneapolis, it was sort of a shock to her system. Can you imagine liking black men, but being intimidated by them at the same time? Its almost comical. She also gets hated on by other black girls because her hair is real, not extensions.

What a shame that if they were posted in the black woman thread they would be too pretty or too light to be truly a black American. what is wrong with people??

What's weird about that is that picture of my ma and sisters is them at their lightest. We get dark during the summer.

Bleepey said:
I'd fuck the shit out of your sisters :). Especially the tall one. :D

Wanna know the best part? They're twins. She was wearing taller heels than the other. Now back off, fucker. That's muh sistah, yo. :)

Top Bottom