• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Mecha_Infantry said:
Guys,

If any of you have been on a sun soaked holiday before do you use sunscreen? I got to use some for my tattoo but I don't know whether I should use some for my whole face and body?

I'm a nerd, I don't do sunlight

Londa

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Guys,

If any of you have been on a sun soaked holiday before do you use sunscreen? I got to use some for my tattoo but I don't know whether I should use some for my whole face and body?

Also where is the link to the facebook page?

Cheers

Yes, always use sunscreen while playing out in the sun. Also don't forget a hat (like a baseball cap).

But first and foremost, enjoy yourself!

DrFunk said:
I'm watching the NBA Finals in pajamas

dreading going to work tomorrow :/

I feel you! Tomorrow is the first day of E3 and both me and you gotta go to work. ;_;

This must be the most random post on the Black Culture thread ever, lol. Adnol sounds like some sort of drug too, lol.

Adnol - May cause hyperactivity. Don't take with other drugs or while operating heavy machinery. Consult a doctor before taking Adnol.

lol, it does sound like a drug name.

Just sent a request to the GAF Facebook group. Gotta get my GAF swag up.

Also, I will watch E3 at work even if I have to bring my own laptop to do it.

Ah, crap, I just realized. OT's going to be closed during E3, right? Prepare for the error pages...

I'll miss this thread. Although we always have the NeoGAF Group if anything.

I hope we get some new members (I'm looking at you lurkers) when we return.

Later, brothas (and sisters).

spindashing said:
Ah, crap, I just realized. OT's going to be closed during E3, right? Prepare for the error pages...

Spin is right, I'll miss our discussions for however long guys. I wish you all well in the meantime.

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:

I didn't know that. wow

*brofist @ Urban Scholar*

perfectnight is right, watch out guys. Have fun when something awesome happens but not too much fun.

Londa said:
I didn't know that. wow
Yeah, it's to make sure the Gaming Side gets all the power it can get since errors will happen often.

It'll only be a few days but on GAF that's an eternity lol.

Lebron

Yeah, too much traffic. OT gets nuked. Should be fun, but nothing will beat the blackout few years back after XIII went multi. Oh, what a wonderful day that was.

NotebookJ2 said:
Well, this is pretty much my first time on NeoGAF around E3 so...
Enjoy it. E3 gets rowdy. Just don't go too overboard and get banned. The GIFs and memes created as a result of E3 are hilarious.

I guess I'll see you guys and gals on the other side. I'm out for the night. <3

ReiGun

There is usually a thread about the closing of OT during E3. Maybe it's not happening this year. Or maybe Evilore just hasnt gotten around to making it yet.

I also joined the Gaf fb group. Havent posted anything yet though.

Man, so many people I know seem to be getting sunburned. I've never been sunburned before except a little under my eyes I guess from my glasses. I don't use any suntan lotion or anything either. Just regular lotion lol. You guys been sunburned before?

Kitschkraft said:
Kind of random, but it seems that Prototype 2's main character is black.

Fun Fact: Black folk spend a disproportionate amount of time playing online console games, moreso than any other ethnic group.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Boombloxer said:
Fun Fact: Black folk spend a disproportionate amount of time playing online console games, moreso than any other ethnic group.

are there stats that support this?

spindashing said:
I don't know! I don't stand out anymore. I may as well be a 40 year old white guy.
You might as be even with your avatar! I am the only member of B-GAF that will never hear, "oh wow I never knew you were black!! yuk! yuk!"
Boombloxer said:
Everyone knows black people don't have internetz.

Boombloxer said:
i wouldn't be surprised, between NBA2K11, Madden and Call of Duty, there isn't much time for anything else.

MWS Natural said:
You might as be even with your avatar! I am the only member of B-GAF that will never hear, "oh wow I never knew you were black!! yuk! yuk!"
Mammy.jpg

MWS Natural said:
spindashing
Mammy
(Today, 10:18 PM)
Reply | Quote

Now that avatar fits you MUCH better my brother!
I used a Mammy avatar on WYL; actually I used Aunt Jemima before switching to my Viewtiful Joe avatar lol.

When you've used an avatar on GAF for so long, it's become a part of your persona.

Lebron

There aren't enough hands on this planet to do justice to the kind of face palm I require for this

Rhythmic said:
Did I really just watch somebody cwalk in a diaper?
I've now seen everything.

Londa

Banned
Today is like one of the best days of the year. I'm a Nintendo Fan. I have every Nintendo console, but not all the handhelds.

so excite!

Who here is also a fan of Nintendo?

to me, they are one of the best companies out there. :p

Did I really just watch somebody cwalk in a diaper?

what the hell? is this sfw?

Londa said:
Today is like one of the best days of the year. I'm a Nintendo Fan. I have every Nintendo console, but not all the handhelds.

so excite!

Who here is also a fan of Nintendo?

to me, they are one of the best companies out there. :p

I've owned everything since SNES days and play my Wii regularly and I can't fathom going anywhere without my DS on my persons. So yeah just a wee bit excited.

Top Bottom