• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Londa said:
Pokeballs ready? sexual reference I suppose?

Well I have seen a fair share if geek girls that are cringe worthy. But if you find a girl that is mellow and likes games, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Just stay away from the geek girls that always have some anime and game reference inserted into all of their conversations. They will also have some type of Hot Topic shirt or jacket and will at times wear a neko kawaii hat with kitty ears. Run far away from those type.

I've met these types before. Scary. Especially when they call at 2:30 a.m. fear

DrFunk

Londa said:
anyone who calls at 2:30 am is usually a douche.

The scary part was that she kept doing it, even after I told her I wasn't interested, and to cut it out. Man that was an eventful summer.

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
The scary part was that she kept doing it, even after I told her I wasn't interested, and to cut it out. Man that was an eventful summer.

You must look like Goku.

eternaLightness said:
I wake up to see a thread talking about black penis.

Yeah.... I haven't stepped into there yet. Not sure if I should.

Londa said:
What is everyone's personality?

Mines would be a mix of artist, gamer, tech nerd, and a pinch of geek. XD
I wear glasses, V neck shirts, skinny jeans, and I love to layer.

hipster artist geek.

lol

(I do not listen to hipster music)

Hmm, I guess I often live up to my username without realizing it. I'm your almost typical indie guy? Geek in matters of niche gaming and a wee bit of elitism if it call for it. I too wear glasses(if my FB pic lied to anyone), I like wear vests of all kinds(work, school, etc.), I feel comfortable in form fitting dress or casual.

I guess I'm sort of a hipster when I get down to it.

edit:

Londa said:
anyone who calls at 2:30 am is usually a douche.

DrFunk said:

I thought DrFunk was going to go elsewhere with this but alas no...just saying I would though.

Londa said:
What is everyone's personality?

Mines would be a mix of artist, gamer, tech nerd, and a pinch of geek. XD
I wear glasses, V neck shirts, skinny jeans, and I love to layer.

hipster artist geek.

lol

(I do not listen to hipster music)
Im a Big Guy with a bunch of tattoos, and most people when they meet me think I am quiet and a little scary.

Im not that just reserved, once I get to know you they realize I am a very funny respectable guy.

I dont let my guard down unless I know your someone worth knowing, otherwise you get the monotone me.

Urban Scholar said:
Hmm, I guess I often live up to my username without realizing it. I'm your almost typical indie guy? Geek in matters of niche gaming and a wee bit of elitism if it call for it. I too wear glasses(if my FB pic lied to anyone), I like wear vests of all kinds(work, school, etc.), I feel comfortable in form fitting dress or casual.

This is pretty much me minus the vests. Replace the vests with plaid shirts. I love plaid shirts. Not sure why. I also love Converse. I have a collection of different types of Converse shoes. Blue, green, red, different designs on 'em, et cetera.

I also clean my Converse every few months. I'm one of the rare people who take care of their Converse; I hate and actually feel really shitty looking down at my Converse and seeing them dirty.

I've been called a hipster before, several times. Add the plaid (sometimes with a tie) and converse with my black thick framed Ray Bans and it all makes sense.

I listen to some hipster-ish stuff too. MGMT, Ratatat, Cults...

Edit: I was also one of the people in the hipster defense force on GAF after GAF went through it's crazy "hate hipster" phase last year. Fun times.

Edit #2: The converse must match with the plaid or else.
149679_456729073418_585583418_5292252_6887470_n.jpg

^ my green ones.
228340_10150194764268419_585583418_6787781_1374640_n.jpg

^ my newest pair.

DrFunk

Urban Scholar said:
...I meant getting action with crazy fangirl at 2:30 am Dr.Funk

I know, it was a joke

but nah, that was far too much crazy to be involved with. no sir

Urban Scholar said:
Haha, I must admit given your username I was rather amused by this.
soundwave_toy.jpg

+

06147eb20659ff6c.jpg

Funny story when xbox live first came out I was incredibly sick, but that didn't stop me from dragging myself to game stop to pick up my xbox live kit and mech-assault. So when I had to choose my tag when setting up live for the first time, in a fever induced stopper I thought soundwave was actually called soundscream. The next day I felt better and realized the mistake but I kept the name cause it sounded cool.

zero_suit

spindashing said:
I also clean my Converse every few months. I'm one of the rare people who take care of their Converse; I hate and actually feel really shitty looking down at my Converse and seeing them dirty.

What do you use to clean your shoes?

spindashing said:
. I also love Converse. I have a collection of different types of Converse shoes. Blue, green, red, different designs on 'em, et cetera.

I used to love them but I cant wear them cause they look weird when you wear a size 15.

spindashing said:
love of chucks

Respect for the love of Chucks. I want get a pair of brown leather ones eventually.

DrFunk said:
but nah, that was far too much crazy to be involved with. no sir

I find crazy girls appealing because I like the rush of adventure myself.

soundscream said:
The next day I felt better and realized the mistake but I kept the name cause it sounded cool.

Those are the best kind of origin stories

spindashing said:
You're the first person I know that actually cleans there converses. So strange.

zero_suit said:
What do you use to clean your shoes?
Well, for my converse, I fill the sink of a mixture of water, soap, some shampoo and some detergent. Not too much detergent because that could fade the color. I dump my chucks in there and start scrubbing them with an old toothbrush.

Then I let them air dry and they're all good after awhile of sitting in the sun/wind.

Also, if you don't want to go indepth with all the scrubbing, you could put the converse in the washing machine with similar colored clothes.

Don't put them in the drying machine. You could melt the rubber.

Edit: I prefer handwashing my Converse, though. For example, I wouldn't trust a washer with the 2nd converse that I posted (black with silver designs). I wouldn't want the machine to destroy the designs.

soundscream said:
I used to love them but I cant wear them cause they look weird when you wear a size 15.
Yeah, they look like Clown shoes when they're that big. I remember seeing a nice pair of black leather ones that were that big. I was saddened that they didn't have one in a 10.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
You're the first person I know that actually cleans there converses. So strange.
Yeah. Everyone, and I mean everyone else prefers dirty converse. I'm not sure why I don't. Then again, I try my uptmost best to dress clean. I feel bad when there's a tiny wrinkle on one of my shirts.

ReiGun

soundscream said:
Im a Big Guy with a bunch of tattoos, and most people when they meet me think I am quiet and a little scary.

Im not that just reserved, once I get to know you they realize I am a very funny respectable guy.

I dont let my guard down unless I know your someone worth knowing, otherwise you get the monotone me.
This is actually me minus the tats. I've been called standoffish from time to time, but it's really more of me being a man of few words. I'm not one to initiate conversation, but once I get to know you, I can be pretty friendly and personable.

I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt or a button up. Wore glasses up till Jan of this year when I finally got contacts.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
ReiGun said:
This is actually me minus the tats. I've been called standoffish from time to time, but it's really more of me being a man of few words. I'm not one to initiate conversation, but once I get to know you, I can be pretty friendly and personable.

I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt or a button up. Wore glasses up till Jan of this year when I finally got contacts.
Same. A few people actually thought I was mute, because I keep to myself so much. I'm just very selective with who I befriend. A lot of people are intimidated by my stoic nature, but I'm the most Caring individual you will get to know.

ReiGun

Topher said:
Same. A few people actually thought I was mute, because I keep to myself so much. I'm just very selective with who I befriend. A lot of people are intimidated by my stoic nature, but I'm the most Caring individual you will get to know.
People at my church thought the same about me actually, till I was in high school and I started turtoring their kids. lol

Topher said:

The stoic thing is good in some ways cause no one ever tries to mess with me because I give off an imposing Aura, but it also means meeting new people can require more effort than it should.

Door2Dawn said:
A black penis used correctly can cure the most deadly diseases.

Truth be told I got 2 stereo types working against me Im Black with a size 15 shoe, and I am average length
I have never had a complaint but I feel that sometimes their hyped for the trailer only to find out when actual film starts its not what they were expecting. LOL

soundscream said:
Truth be told I got 2 stereo types working against me I'm Black with a size 15 shoe, and I am average length
I have never had a complaint but I feel that sometimes their hyped for the trailer only to find out when actual film starts its not what they were expecting. LOL

Ahaha classic.

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
I already hit on Londa earlier in the year, she wasn't interested

Yeah I was with a douche boyfriend at the time. So if I called you at 2:30 am what would you do? :p

Urban Scholar said:

edit:

I thought DrFunk was going to go elsewhere with this but alas no...just saying I would though.

I love indie music. You sound like fun. I have only see maybe two guys rocking vests with casual wear. Both didn't pull it off too well. I have hope in you tho.

spindashing said:
This is pretty much me minus the vests. Replace the vests with plaid shirts. I love plaid shirts. Not sure why. I also love Converse. I have a collection of different types of Converse shoes. Blue, green, red, different designs on 'em, et cetera.

I've been called a hipster before, several times. Add the plaid (sometimes with a tie) and converse with my black thick framed Ray Bans and it all makes sense.

I listen to some hipster-ish stuff too. MGMT, Ratatat, Cults...

Edit: I was also one of the people in the hipster defense force on GAF after GAF went through it's crazy "hate hipster" phase last year. Fun times.

Edit #2: The converse must match with the plaid or else.
^ my newest pair.

I feel bad that I have never owned a pair fo Converse. Plaid is cool if you stay away from the red, black, and white shirts. Don't wanna look like a lumber jack :p.

So now we have three black hipsters in here?

Londa said:
Yeah I was with a douche boyfriend at the time. So if I called you at 2:30 am what would you do? :p

I love indie music. You sound like fun. I have only see maybe two guys rocking vests with casual wear. Both didn't pull it off too well. I have hope in you tho.

I decided to stick with it and use to visually say something about myself at the job. I had some trouble with it at work. Now I'm that vest guy at the job. Causally though it's still a toss up. I can't wait until its winter here in Miami and I get a "non crazy" reason to wear more sweater vests at work and school.

I have kind of a west coast thing going on now. Been wearing dickies with my pf flyers, though I should have chucks. I think I'm going to start getting more into chucks though.

DrFunk

Londa said:

If you called? Well, there wouldn't be much talking, I know that much ;)

Londa

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
I decided to stick with it and use to visually say something about myself at the job. I had some trouble with it at work. Now I'm that vest guy at the job. Causally though it's still a toss up. I can't wait until its winter here in Miami and I get a "non crazy" reason to wear more sweater vests at work and school.

Black socks with black shoes always look good. Wow you live in Miami? I hear it super hot over there.

DrFunk said:

Interesting...

Londa said:
Black socks with black shoes always look good. Wow you live in Miami? I hear it super hot over there.

Indeed it is. I can tell you and others right now my Haitian background heat resistance is failing me in this crazy heat.

Londa said:
I feel bad that I have never owned a pair fo Converse. Plaid is cool if you stay away from the red, black, and white shirts. Don't wanna look like a lumber jack :p.

Haha, I know, but..

J5u5I.jpg

After I got these, red plaid is too hard to pass up. =)

DrFunk said:
Oh damn.

Londa

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
Indeed it is. I can tell you and others right now my Haitian background heat resistance is failing me in this crazy heat.

Its a big party city, so I guess that balances it out. Fun in the heat. Sweat, sweat, sweat. :p

Spin: You making me want to get a pair. :(

Londa said:
Its a big party city, so I guess that balances it out. Fun in the heat. Sweat, sweat, sweat. :p

At the beach yes, otherwise fun at night with the right company. Not sure if you guys saw the brew haha given past memorial day/urban weekend. You generally want to avoid those kind of scenes.

Edit: Given that its summer and it's hot I generally avoid having company over because the AC is busted. So imagine what it's like gaming here. Imagine a skinny black guy sitting super close to a moderately large fan as he plays his RPGs. Ghetto? Perhaps =p

Londa said:
Spin: You making me want to get a pair. :(
There's nothing better than a geeky black chick in some Converse. =)

Urban Scholar said:
Edit: Given that its summer and it's hot I generally avoid having company over because the AC is busted. So imagine what it's like gaming here. Imagine a skinny black guy sitting super close to a moderately large fan as he plays his RPGs. Ghetto? Perhaps =p

Man, it's even WORSE with company. At least six black/hispanic/asian kids hollering shit in one poorly ventilated room like "I GOT NEXT." or "FUCK THAT SHIT." etc while playing games in a hot room. It's hilarious yet grating at the same time...

I usually hype video games up though, fighting games especially. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 gets ridiculous at hang outs.

Urban Scholar said:
Sounds fun actually!
I started to call X-23, "Miley Cyrus" when playing local matches with friends. Every time she did a combo I called it "PARTY IN THE USA OH SHIT HERE IT COMES" or other Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana references lol.

Londa said:
Whenever Mario falls off a ledge I scream or yell. lmao
Don't get me started on New Super Mario Bros Wii. That game... Feelings were hurt, obscenities were yelled, it was a war zone lmao.

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:
I started to call X-23, "Miley Cyrus" when playing local matches with friends. Every time she did a combo I called it "PARTY IN THE USA OH SHIT HERE IT COMES" or other Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana references lol.

Don't get me started on New Super Mario Bros Wii. That game... Feelings were hurt, obscenities were yelled, it was a war zone lmao.

That game does something to me!

Top Bottom