• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Nah, but the man had impeccable style. Keep in mind this was the 60's-70's, so everything was cool.

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
Nah, but the man had impeccable style. Keep in mind this was the 60's-70's, so everything was cool.

am I seeing things? or did I see more to this message?

I don't know how to measure men's shoes.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Londa said:
am I seeing things? or did I see more to this message?

I don't know how to measure men's shoes.

I had a way to guesstimate my boot size, but I'd rather you see them in person

What do you do in VA? I know nothing about your job, except that you don't particularly like it.

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
I had a way to guesstimate my boot size, but I'd rather you see them in person

What do you do in VA? I know nothing about your job, except that you don't particularly like it.

lol

I'm working like a slave...

What about you?

soundscream said:
http://superneonblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/wutang2.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://www.onfirebeats.com/images/do-u-3.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://www.natashawilliamsphotography.com/urbannique/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/182952-main_Full.jpg

Will keep on rocking this style

I will eat a bullet before I accept whats in now

man6-450x600.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YdpghmDGGEA/S0bPbtl6pzI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/K2nmGMZiNy0/s400/20+Moments+-+Skinny+Jeans.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://www.layoutcodez.net/personalized/google/k87lvV9c25N3dZn01aqZo9Qu05k16D.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
lol, what's with those bright-ass colors?

I too would eat a bullet before rocking neon. What does that have to do with wearing relaxed-fitting jeans?

DrFunk said:
What a coincidence, I just finished my workout. I'm doing awesome, how are you? And where do you work?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26144680&postcount=3746
oh shit, real cowboy boots. I meant something like these:

icSUNo.png

icSyPs.png

icWFfs.png

They work well with relaxed fitting jeans. Tongue wagging n' shit.

I have some fake cowboy boots (about half as tall), but it's never prevented the compliments.

except from my Texas female friends.:-(

I actually like bright colors.

While I may not dress as bright as the brother posted above, I do dress brightly sometimes. For example, one of the pairs of Converse that I posted are actually Neon Green. I've gotten numerous comments like, "Wow, those shoes are bright. I could probably see them in pitch black dark."

Air

Banned
Hello blackGaf, newbie here (though not really). While I'm too lazy to answer those probing questions, there is one that I think is very interesting, which is the black nerd thing:

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?

No I don't feel ostracized. I like being a nerd/dork, but it isn't what defines me as a person. I enjoy a plethora of different things because it allows me to experience and see the world in various ways, and it is a constant source of inspiration. I'm not going to stop because some dude think its shameful. I say shame on him for limiting himself. As far as "Acting white" I don't care about that either. A lot of people say that to me cause I wear skinny pants, or whatever, and it goes back to my first point. I do what I want, because I want to, not out of a desire to be something else.

On topic, I love skinny jeans, hate boots, tuck my shirt in and wear a pony tail.

Also this question may have been asked already, but do you guys/gals pursue any kind of art form?

Satch

Banned
Air said:
Also this question may have been asked already, but do you guys/gals pursue any kind of art form?
damn you've been here since 2008 and only made 3 posts :lol

i draw, i just don't know in what field i want to aim for.

DominoKid said:
is the AE update for SSF4 free?
Wrong thread?

No, it isn't free lol. It's 14.99 in the US.

Also, welcome to the thread, Air. I used to draw mainly Sonic the Hedgehog characters. I'm not sure why I stopped.

Londa

Banned
Air said:
Hello blackGaf, newbie here (though not really). While I'm too lazy to answer those probing questions, there is one that I think is very interesting, which is the black nerd thing:

- Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?

No I don't feel ostracized. I like being a nerd/dork, but it isn't what defines me as a person. I enjoy a plethora of different things because it allows me to experience and see the world in various ways, and it is a constant source of inspiration. I'm not going to stop because some dude think its shameful. I say shame on him for limiting himself. As far as "Acting white" I don't care about that either. A lot of people say that to me cause I wear skinny pants, or whatever, and it goes back to my first point. I do what I want, because I want to, not out of a desire to be something else.

On topic, I love skinny jeans, hate boots, tuck my shirt in and wear a pony tail.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

hmmm shirt tucking, not many men can pull that off.
Skinny jeans are much more comfy than women's stretch jeans. So I would go skinny over stretch.

Geeks are cool, if they have some swag.

edit: I forgot to mention that I draw, but I've been slacking because I been doing mainly graphics with adobe programs. (I would love to make a Black Gaf logo but the OP is unable to be changed)

DominoKid

nah i just asked here cause i figured i wouldnt get a hostile response.

if only i werent rocking a shoestring budget right now i'd buy it and see if i still have my Alpha 3 reflexes.

Air said:

First welcome and thank you for joining in.

Ostracized? Pfft hardly. I've been called an urkel clone at my job before. Hell, I rock suspenders from time to time too. It's all my swag/ confidence doing what I do, get respect. Not to mention I flirt with no shame at work with(often) positive results. I find me being a "black geek" an interesting piece of chocolate as I fill the token black guy role.

Art form? Hmm I draw sort of and I'm learning to play guitar for the heck of it. I'm a bit of an audiophile if I had to mention. With that said I'm dead tired from the day.

edit: lebron's new avatar is killing me. hnnnggg

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:
Wrong thread?

No, it isn't free lol. It's 14.99 in the US.

Also, welcome to the thread, Air. I used to draw mainly Sonic the Hedgehog characters. I'm not sure why I stopped.

Why does that creepy Sonic fansite come to mind after reading this?

Spin I am disappointed!

Lebron said:
Because it's Sonic.

Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk
Shoulda seen that coming. :lol

DominoKid said:
nah i just asked here cause i figured i wouldnt get a hostile response.

if only i werent rocking a shoestring budget right now i'd buy it and see if i still have my Alpha 3 reflexes.
Capcom took a lot of my money this year.

-Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
-Super Street Fighter IV PS3 version.
-Arcade Edition.
-Costume packs for SSFIV.
-Then I plan to buy Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition.
-If Asura's Wrath comes out I'll get that too.
-Waiting for MegaMan Legends 3 for 3DS and I'll get that too along with a 3DS somehow.

Damn it, Capcom's just fucking all my bitches.

Edit: No LOL, I wasn't one of those crazy Sonic fans, but I do love me some blue hedgehogs. I'm excited for Sonic Generations; it's looking to be the best Sonic game in a while. Then again Sonic Colors and the day stages of Unleashed were great too.

I just have to say (again) I LOVE WENDY WILLIAMS. I am listening to old sessions her radio show on Youtube, and man I miss it so much! I always couldn't wait to get out of school to race home to listen to it. She is so funny, I love the talk show on tv too. And she does not look like a man. How U Doin'?

Juggernaut: Charles, you know damn well the last time I went to Jugg-rassic Park to get the haircut by a velociraptor I left with a tattoo on my nuts, a Prince Albert, and I had a graphic on my ass hairs and I got a new tattoo on my chest that say 'Long Dick Willie' PONCHO VILLAAAA

I wish their site was still up. They made my favorite abridged series

Air

Banned
Satchwar said:

I'm a busy man, but I've been on gaf much longer, but I decided to sign up around 2008, but I only just got approved to post yesterday, which is pretty funny.

spindashing said:

Thanks!

Londa said:
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

hmmm shirt tucking, not many men can pull that off.
Skinny jeans are much more comfy than women's stretch jeans. So I would go skinny over stretch.

Geeks are cool, if they have some swag.

edit: I forgot to mention that I draw, but I've been slacking because I been doing mainly graphics with adobe programs. (I would love to make a Black Gaf logo but the OP is unable to be changed)

Yeah, you're right not many men can pull it off. But I think it works for me since I'm fairly slim, and anybody can be cool if they got swag.

Urban Scholar said:
First welcome and thank you for joining in.

Ostracized? Pfft hardly. I've been called an urkel clone at my job before. Hell, I rock suspenders from time to time too. It's all my swag/ confidence doing what I do, get respect. Not to mention I flirt with no shame at work with(often) positive results. I find me being a "black geek" an interesting piece of chocolate as I fill the token black guy role.

Art form? Hmm I draw sort of and I'm learning to play guitar for the heck of it. I'm a bit of an audiophile if I had to mention. With that said I'm dead tired from the day.

edit: lebron's new avatar is killing me. hnnnggg

Thanks! Maybe I've been reading too much poetry, but the first half of your message rhymes pretty well. Kudos if you did it on purpose. Bigger kudos if it wasn't. lol

It seems like there are a lot of drafters here which pleases me. Keep it up!
I guess it would be rude for me to ask other people what they would do without telling you what I do for a hobby. Like a lot of you I draw (majoring in animation), I've started singing a few months ago, and I want to take hip/hop and flamenco dance classes this summer.

Lebron said:

I love girls with glasses.

Jayayess1190 said:
I just have to say (again) I LOVE WENDY WILLIAMS. I am listening to old sessions her radio show on Youtube, and man I miss it so much! I always couldn't wait to get out of school to race home to listen to it. She is so funny, I love the talk show on tv too. And she does not look like a man. How U Doin'?
what

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Satchwar said:

satchwar, youre one of us? heh, you learn something new everyday

Jayayess1190 said:

....what.

Jayayess1190 said:
How U Doin'?
How U Doin?
How You Doin?

See THIS HILARIOUS!

The sound effects from the radio show were hilarious. The way she goes in on people is like nobody else.

......you're serious?

Parallax said:
satchwar, youre one of us? heh, you learn something new everyday

....what.

......you're serious?

I think he(she?) is serious. Don't be cruel though, people like different things I suppose.

I'm as shocked as you quite frankly.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
lightless_shado said:
I think he(she?) is serious. Don't be cruel though, people like different things I suppose.

I'm as shocked as you quite frankly.

i never planned on being, its just.... so odd.

Someone who loves Wendy Williams?

I have a friend who loves her. I remember going into discussion with my friends about her and I instantly said, "I don't like her. Also she's too tall and she looks built like a man. I wouldn't want to butt fuck a man."

Then my friend Jamal who is twice my size in both height and weight stood up from his chair and said, "I fucking love Wendy Williams. If that is a man, I'll take my chances."

I laughed. He laughed but then his face went to a serious face.

Fearing my wellbeing I switched the subject, "So how about that economy? n__n;;"

So because you guys judge her and think she is a man and I don't, you have a problem with me liking her? I never said I wanted to sleep with her, I just like her personality and she makes me laugh.

You think because I put "love" that implied something more?

Jayayess1190 said:
So because you guys judge her and think she is a man and I don't, you have a problem with me liking her? I never said I wanted to sleep with her, I just like her personality and she makes me laugh.

You think because I put "love" that implied something more?
I don't think anyone has a problem with you liking her, man. You're free to like her and her personality.

I'm just sharing my opinion.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
spindashing said:
I have a friend who loves her. I remember going into discussion with my friends about her and I instantly said, "I don't like her. Also she's too tall and she looks built like a man. I wouldn't want to butt fuck a man."

Then my friend Jamal who is twice my size in both height and weight stood up from his chair and said, "I fucking love Wendy Williams. If that is a man, I'll take my chances."

I laughed. He laughed but then his face went to a serious face.

Fearing my wellbeing I switched the subject, "So how about that economy? n__n;;"
I laughed.

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm still made Beibs was hugging on Esperanza.

My only consolation was that she clearly wasn't feeling the little bastard.
He touched her fro without warning as if she was a farm animal and he never returned any of Epseranza's compliments.

What a tart. #1 on spindashing's hit list on top of EviLore and blueberry waffles.

spindashing said:
He touched her fro without warning as if she was a farm animal and he never returned any of Epseranza's compliments.

What a tart. #1 on spindashing's hit list on top of EviLore and blueberry waffles.
Her face was clearly saying, "...this little pop piece of shit why is he touching me? Keep it together for the camera..."

Top Bottom