• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
ahahahahahaha

Londa, let's go to the Mushroom Kingdom together, no warp pipes or magic flutes necessary

Urban Scholar said:
My creole switch turns on when gaming goes sour. It tends to scare my non bilingual friends.
Hahaha, my cousins from Haiti and Canada are like that.

DrFunk said:
Londa, let's go to the Mushroom Kingdom together, no warp pipes or magic flutes necessary
th_bowser.png

Edit: Turns out the Black dick thread was closed. Haha.

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:
;) Hopefully it's the right thing. I'll bring my Wii.

*Steps on DrFunk's toes.*

LOL

Leaving your flute is a no no Dr Funk when Spin is willing to bring his Wii.

XD!

spindashing said:
Edit: Turns out the Black dick thread was closed. Haha.

Not surprised the thread title itself was rather offensive. At times I wonder about the manner folks chose to make a discussion. At work I often encourage my friends to use wordplay. This way we can have an ongoing topic going on without it being obvious. It's one of the things about me they found hard to believe being from the "neighborhood" and all.

DrFunk

Londa said:
LOL

Leaving your flute is a no no Dr Funk when Spin is willing to bring his Wii.

XD!

But does Spin's Wii work as my Wii & U?

We can be further than 16ft. away baby

DrFunk said:
But does Spin's Wii work as my Wii & U?

We can be further than 16ft. away baby
Forget that!

Also, with that WiiU, you can't duplicate the No More Heroes experience. How else can she possibly charge dat beam katana without a black wiimote?
1226728167938.jpg

DrFunk

LOL

All I know is that I was trying to get a date, and Spin stepped on my toes

at least my Friday at work isn't as boring as it usually is

God, I love this thread.

The overseers @ work cut my GAF swag off so I am posting and lurking w/my phone. :(

1. Fuck Chuck Taylors. Those things are too generic for me. I got kicks of every color and in every make/brand - shelltoe Adidas, various Jordans, Claes, Creative Recreations, Nike Dunks/AF1s, New Balance 574s, custom Haitian colored Adidas ZX running shoes, etc. Most of those shoes cost as much as Chucks, so I figure I can have a lot of looks for the same $$$. I know you sneaker kids got Js in here. What Js you got?

2. If there were a milder, non-obnoxious hipster form - like "indie kid" - that'd be me. I listen to probably everything ever reviewed on Pitchfork, so I know I get hipster music cred. I don't dress enough like them, though...I have my slim jeans, my kicks, my fitted, a tshirt/untucked slim-fit button down w/a loose tie and a blazer...or my shorts and a tshirt/hoodie...or a sports jersey like it was 2003. No cardigans, no plaid - EVER.

I'm just a well-dressed indie kid who's a huge game/computer nerd.

3. I regret missing out on the black dick thread. Oh God, I might've trolled my way into a ban in that thread.

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
LOL

Shame on you Spin!

I'm also at work, wishing I didn't have to stay an extra 2 hours.

Haha, it's all jokes.

Captmcblack, I was about to go crazy after you dissed Converse, but you also love Adidas, my #2 love.

Gotta rep Run-D.M.C.

Fuck Jordans and Nikes altogether. Everyone loves them so I hate em. /hipster rant

Imm0rt4l

captmcblack said:
God, I love this thread.

The overseers @ work cut my GAF swag off so I am posting and lurking w/my phone. :(

1. Fuck Chuck Taylors. Those things are too generic for me. I got kicks of every color and in every make/brand - shelltoe Adidas, various Jordans, Claes, Creative Recreations, Nike Dunks/AF1s, New Balance 574s, custom Haitian colored Adidas ZX running shoes, etc. Most of those shoes cost as much as Chucks, so I figure I can have a lot of looks for the same $$$. I know you sneaker kids got Js in here. What Js you got?

2. If there were a milder, non-obnoxious hipster form - like "indie kid" - that'd be me. I listen to probably everything ever reviewed on Pitchfork, so I know I get hipster music cred. I don't dress enough like them, though...I have my slim jeans, my kicks, my fitted, a tshirt/untucked slim-fit button down w/a loose tie and a blazer...or my shorts and a tshirt/hoodie...or a sports jersey like it was 2003. No cardigans, no plaid - EVER.

I'm just a well-dressed indie kid who's a huge game/computer nerd.

3. I regret missing out on the black dick thread. Oh God, I might've trolled my way into a ban in that thread.

Fuck up outta here with that bullshit. I'm wearing a pair of leather chucks and some khakis right now.

*c-walks/clown walks out thread.

Are skinny jeans comfortable to those who wear them? I'm pretty tall so I don't think I'd like them much. I don't really like baggy jeans either so I usually go for the more relaxed fitting jeans.

Londa

Banned
eternaLightness said:
Are skinny jeans comfortable to those who wear them? I'm pretty tall so I don't think I'd like them much. I don't really like baggy jeans either so I usually go for the more relaxed fitting jeans.

Just get the size you normally wear in jeans and it will work out. They shouldn't be skin tight and make sure to wear a belt. Belts on jeans look nice anyways.

eternaLightness said:

I'm there with you. These are the type of jeans I usually wear
W11ZP52113OBK-ZOOYORK-2_180X225.JPG

or this
9515329CIND-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPG

I can never go as far as this:
9515306WINDS-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPG

Londa

Banned
that last pair is so wrong. I never want to see a man wearing those. I would assume that those jeans are catered for men looking to attract other men.

ReiGun

I know a couple dudes who wear the last pair. But thing is, they wear them "baggy". Like the waist is around their ass. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Lebron

Slim straight jeans are fine, they should fit you perfectly and contour to your body. Skinny or Super Skinny are retarded and make you look hilarious.

Also, I have to SMH every time I see dudes rocking jean shorts but sag them so low they're basically hitting their shoes. The fuck? You know they have something called Jeans that are for that purpose. And wear a fucking belt. You look like a special needs person walking and trying to hold up your pants at the same time.

Lebron said:
Slim straight jeans are fine, they should fit you perfectly and contour to your body. Skinny or Super Skinny are retarded and make you look hilarious.
I'd like my balls to breathe, thank you.

Also, I have a dislike for the young kids that pull their pants down. I don't even know how that's a style. I'll admit that I used to do it myself for a short time but it's pretty foolish. Pull yo' pants up.

Lebron

I did it too once when I was younger, but my mom slapped me so hard when she saw me that I never dared do that shit again.

But really, it's the grown ass dudes who are still doing that shit that I have to face palm at. Walking around campus looking retarded. Kids? Not as much.

Londa

Banned
Lebron said:

Also, I have to SMH every time I see dudes rocking jean shorts but sag them so low they're basically hitting their shoes. The fuck? You know they have something called Jeans that are for that purpose. And wear a fucking belt. You look like a special needs person walking and trying to hold up your pants at the same time.

XD!!

True talk. lol

ReiGun

I tried the saggy pants thing for like, a week. I have ever been more uncomfortable. Pants that fit or gtfo.

I remember when I was in eighth/ninth grade and pretty much every dude was wearing those long ass t-shirts that came down to or even past their knees. I couldn't believe it: bunch of dudes trying to act all hard while wearing what basically amounted to a dress. I'm sure there are dudes still doing it, I don't see them as much now though.

Edit: ^ Like that. lmao @ the explanation.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
spindashing said:
I'd like my balls to breathe, thank you.

Also, I have a dislike for the young kids that pull their pants down. I don't even know how that's a style. I'll admit that I used to do it myself for a short time but it's pretty foolish. Pull yo' pants up.
Seriously, they think they look cool. But everyone is laughing in their heads when they walk by. I'd be embarrassed to step out the house like that. It's really tragic when you see someone 30+ doing it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
lightless_shado said:
9515306WINDS-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPG

everytime i see someone wearing a pair like that, i just wonder why? that shit looks too damn tight for a guy to be wearing

Lebron said:

and this is on the opposite end of the spectrum. you might as well just drop the pants all together and just walk out in your shorts. seeing someone hold their pants as they run makes me want to make life difficult for them....

Skinny jeans...as a skinny man I find it odd that I would further perpetuate my lack of body fat? Real answer is doesn't seem comfortable at all.

shaggy jeans, big shirts. I tried this but it's not for me. I mean why would I want to wear a shirt that's nearly a bed sheet for me?

Also if I may go on a tangent on clothes. I find my almost hipster like look is hard to pull off. Mainly because I can't anything that fits right or is of proper length. Why kami? Why am I a lanky bean pole? These have been the personal opinions of a snarky blackman.

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
LOL

Now that I'm off work....

How you doin?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
lightless_shado said:
I'm there with you. These are the type of jeans I usually wear
http://www.surfstitch.com/product_images/W11ZP52113OBK-ZOOYORK-2_180X225.JPG[IMG]

or this
[IMG]http://www.surfstitch.com/product_images/9515329CIND-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPG

http://www.surfstitch.com/product_images/9515306WINDS-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yes, other two are too tight IMO.

soundscream said:
220_large.jpg

I grew up in the 90's baggy for life.
I've moved on (up?) to relaxed fit.

I've started to think that baggy stuff was motivated by factors other than fashion. Like, (a) to mask poor physical shape and features and (b) to save money in the event that you gained weight or height. I kinda lost the flavor for it after that epiphany. I don't have a poor physical shape and I'm not broke.

Oh, and I discovered that combat boots are ill with relaxed-fitting jeans.

I've been thinking of grabbing some Timberlands too. Pricey, but I have always liked the look.

*Glances at DrFunk and Londa. Readies PokeBalls.*

Dreams-Visions said:
I've moved on (up?) to relaxed fit.

I've started to think that baggy stuff was motivated by factors other than fashion. Like, (a) to mask poor physical shape and features and (b) to save money in the event that you gained weight or height. I kinda lost the flavor for it after that epiphany. I don't have a poor physical shape and I'm not broke.

Oh, and I discovered that combat boots are ill with relaxed-fitting jeans.
wutang2.jpg

do-u-3.jpg

182952-main_Full.jpg

Will keep on rocking this style

I will eat a bullet before I accept whats in now

man6-450x600.jpg

20+Moments+-+Skinny+Jeans.jpg

k87lvV9c25N3dZn01aqZo9Qu05k16D.jpg

DrFunk

Londa said:
uh uh..