• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Do any of you guys remember Roland Martin from CNN? He had his own show for a bit and then he lost it. I always thought he looked like an Ewok
roland.jpg

anyway that's beside the point. I think he was the closest thing to a black Anderson Cooper, why is it that black dudes can't get a show and keep it? I'm still surprised that DL Hughley had his own CNN program.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
MWS Natural said:
BGAF thread has been sitting on the first page a bit too often lately. How quickly you forget the GAF Negro Massacre of 2011???!
We only lost our thread because somebody decided to be funny and make a white age thread. Besides, with the various people coming in an out of this thread, we are only doing what evilore wanted. If we were making black culture posts in other unrelated threads we would probably need to worry.

But could you imagine if the original thread didn't get merged? At the rate we were going, we would have broken 20K posts a long ass time ago!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
spindashing said:
My mother and father are leaving for Haiti tomorrow. My father is planning on actually purchasing some land down there and he's going to finalize the deal while he's down there.

The house is going to be so quiet these two weeks.

So quiet you say?*

A70-3460

*posted from Philadelphia. Sup y'all

DominoKid

lightless_shado said:
Do any of you guys remember Roland Martin from CNN? He had his own show for a bit and then he lost it. I always thought he looked like an Ewok
roland.jpg

anyway that's beside the point. I think he was the closest thing to a black Anderson Cooper, why is it that black dudes can't get a show and keep it? I'm still surprised that DL Hughley had his own CNN program.

Roland Martin likes the cocknballs too? lol

seriously though, I always thought Roland Martin was a preacher until about 6 months ago.

DominoKid said:
Roland Martin likes the cocknballs too? lol

seriously though, I always thought Roland Martin was a preacher until about 6 months ago.
Come to think of it...doesn't Roland Martin look like that Preacher from like five or so months ago with that scandal?

Parallax

captmcblack said:
You know exactly why someone felt like "being funny" and making a point with a "white-age" thread.
Of course. In fact I believe whoever made it put mayonnaise in their op. That dumbass thread shone light on how large ours had grown in such a short time

DrFunk said:
So quiet you say?*

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/6/A70-3460[IMG]

*posted from Philadelphia. Sup y'all[/QUOTE]
Haha, should have seen that coming.

As far as that White Age thread, I don't see it happening again. So far so good.

DrFunk

Not yet, but its definitely on my list. I'm on foot, so I'm trying to do as much as I can without tiring myself.

Btw, they wouldn't let me ring the liberty bell :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DrFunk said:
Not yet, but its definitely on my list. I'm on foot, so I'm trying to do as much as I can without tiring myself.

You're in Philly, how long?*

Also did you get to touch the Bell? I did when I was a kid.

Make sure you eat a cheesesteak too.

Philly-Gaffer here.

DominoKid

TacticalFox88 said:
Come to think of it...doesn't Roland Martin look like that Preacher from like five or so months ago with that scandal?

Eddie Long? I can kinda see it.

FYI he ended up settling with his accusers.

Then Creflo Dollar tried to play off the seriousness of it like it was a minor car accident.

DrFunk

Plywood said:
You're in Philly, how long?*

Also did you get to touch the Bell? I did when I was a kid.

Make sure you eat a cheesesteak too.

Philly-Gaffer here.

Till Tuesday. Kind of a short stay. I'm staying in the downtown area, can you recommend any good spots?

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:

sounds like fun :D

lol why did you think you could ring that silly head?

Till Tuesday. Kind of a short stay. I'm staying in the downtown area, can you recommend any good spots?

yes, after you leave philly, my house. ;P
lol

I will never understand how people can watch any WSHH videos.

The wahjah is just too much for little old me to bear.

And I absolutely regret clicking that now AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Londa

Banned
NotebookJ2 said:
I will never understand how people can watch any WSHH videos.

The wahjah is just too much for little old me to bear.

And I absolutely regret clicking that now AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wish I knew who owned WSHH

Air

Banned
I don't like WSHH at all. My brother reads it, and tricks me into seeing what the dumb event of the day is all the time. Kind of wish some hacker group would close the site down or something.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DrFunk said:
If you can, go to Pat’s King of Steaks or Geno’s Steaks for cheesesteaks. You've already seen the Liberty Bell so be sure to go up the Rocky Steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, eye of the tiger and all. I wish I could give more recommendations but I mostly like to wander around Center City and just find places randomly. If you were wondering about bars, sorry I can't recommend (20 here). For the most part you'll find interesting places if you wander around enough.

Londa

Banned
Plywood can't drink? mind blown! (I don't know why my mind is blown but I feel as if I should have a blown mind)

DrFunk said:
Heh, you can ring my bell anytime Londa. I did take lots of pics though

I imagine a bell that is bigger than the liberty bell. *crosses fingers*

Air said:
I don't like WSHH at all. My brother reads it, and tricks me into seeing what the dumb event of the day is all the time. Kind of wish some hacker group would close the site down or something.

50 cent tried but then he gave up

I think if people just stop watching videos from them then the site will eventually disappear, but what REALLY needs to stop happening is people recording themselves doing stupid shit and then uploading it.

DominoKid

WSHH Hate? I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!

actually i really dont care. i just need my daily dosage of negro shenanigans and WSHH handpicks the best of the negro shenanigans compared to swimming in the vast cesspool that is Youtube.

Urban Scholar said:
....WSHH...why did I click that link? I think I fried a few brain cells.
I ask myself that question every time I click a WSHH link. The curiosity in my just kills me and I just HAVE to see what's on the other end knowing that I'll just facepalm.

Plywood said:
straightedge
I c wat u did thar

DrFunk

Plywood said:
If you can, go to Pat’s King of Steaks or Geno’s Steaks for cheesesteaks. You've already seen the Liberty Bell so be sure to go up the Rocky Steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, eye of the tiger and all. I wish I could give more recommendations but I mostly like to wander around Center City and just find places randomly. If you were wondering about bars, sorry I can't recommend (20 here). For the most part you'll find interesting places if you wander around enough.

*bow*

Thank you sir, I have some stairs to climb

Lebron

Air said:
Every now and then they have some gems.

"You aite, brah? You sure?"
*Dude busting out the superhero pose in pain*

"HEY THAT SOUND LIKE ME! MEET ME SOMEWHERE MOTHERFUCKER!"

Lebron said:

LOL! I almost forgot about that one, holy shit.

DrFunk said:

Welcome to my city. Explore and have fun.

Parallax

Lebron said:

Meet me somewhere didn't blow up as much as I wanted to. That was unbelievably funny

Parallax said:
Meet me somewhere didn't blow up as much as I wanted to. That was unbelievably funny
It was too incredibly stupid. I still can't believe someone could actually have a random telephone argument with themselves and not realize it.

Lebron

When caught in a N moment, logic tends to sit on the sideline and just observe. Poor guy never had a chance.

Also, his D was hard.

DominoKid

Lebron said:

that shit was craaaaazy.

I just wanted to express a special gratitude to all women of color. You all the are the finest pieces of chocolate this side of a box of godiva.

just hit me when I stopped to think women of interest as of late.

Urban Scholar said:
I just wanted to express a special gratitude to all women of color. You all the are the finest pieces of chocolate this side of a box of godiva.

just hit me when I stopped to think women of interest as of late.
I second such sentiments. Thank you, black women.

Top Bottom