• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Londa

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
Don't blame WSHH, people would be doing the same dumb shit with or without the website.

True but we blame WSHH for gathering ONLY this kind of media. As if to say that this is the standard definition of an average black person. For that very fact is why I wish harm to the site.

Azure J

Seems like I missed something here...

In other news, greetings from gaming side Black-GAF. Shit is craaaazy over there now. :lol

The post wasn't edited or anything the last time I checked. Or maybe it was a stealth edit? I dunno, I still say he was banned for something else.

And yes, the gaming side is kinda crazy right now.

AzureJericho said:
Seems like I missed something here...

In other news, greetings from gaming side Black-GAF. Shit is craaaazy over there now. :lol

What do you mean? Hmm with that said what may I ask is everyone playing as of right now? I know we mentioned what we like to play way back in earlier pages.

Azure J

Urban Scholar said:
What do you mean? Hmm with that said what may I ask is everyone playing as of right now? I know we mentioned what we like to play way back in earlier pages.

Oh, I just saw the talk around Lionheart and wondered if he was banned from here or another thread.

As for what I'm playing now, I'm juggling between Third Strike & Pokemon Black. I'd also like to get some DMC3 in, but I don't have a PS2 to play around with right now. :(

I haven't been playing a lot though since I've been doing a lot of job hunting and the like lately. I hope I find something good soon though, I need the money badly.

spindashing said:
Hm, oh well.

What's going on in Gaming Side?

Wii U threads. It's like the car crash analogy, awful but you just can't look away. At the very least though, I'm patenting a measurement system where consoles are measured in Dragonball Z characters. :lol

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:
Hm, oh well.

What's going on in Gaming Side?

Wii U, Will U, Wil U

Like always Nintendo fails before it even gets its product out the door.

Urban Scholar said:

Mario & Luigi Inside Story

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Urban Scholar said:

playing second impact and getting depressed at what a beast sean used to be. fucking capcom.

Londa said:
Wii U, Will U, Wil U

Like always Nintendo fails before it even gets its product out the door.

im not impressed with the wii u at all, but seeing as i dont want to get banned for trolling, im just going to keep that opinion off the gaming side for a while.

Londa

Banned
I'm just tired of people only bashing new Nintendo consoles since after the Gamecube isn't do so well. It gets annoying... (both Wii and DS was considered fail when it first came out)

Sony is third this gen, but I do not see people mentioning that at every turn. I guess this is just how Gaf will be.

zero_suit

Londa said:
I'm just tired of people only bashing new Nintendo console since after the Gamecube isn't do so well. It gets annoying...

Sony is third this gen, but I do not see people mentioning that at every turn. I guess this is just how Gaf will be.

Yeah, it's annoying. Some over there are prematurely calling the 3DS a failure.

Azure J

Londa said:
On the Gaming side, its just feels like a war to prove who has more knowledge on what goes into games.

Fixed. Honestly, sometimes it feels like folks miss the total because they get hung up on the parts. It's pretty much why even though I find myself interested in a ton, I lurk unless its a thread I know I can hold my own in... Which, kinda surprisingly are all Nintendo threads as of late. :lol

Londa

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Fixed. Honestly, sometimes it feels like folks miss the total because they get hung up on the parts. It's pretty much why even though I find myself interested in a ton, I lurk unless its a thread I know I can hold my own in... Which, kinda surprisingly are all Nintendo threads as of late. :lol

Way too many people on the gaming site talk as if they are developing the game. But as the game gets closer to release these people are proven wrong. But with every new game they come out talking as if they are an expert. It's annoying.

Parallax

zero_suit said:
...which is funny because most of them don't even game on PCs.

i thought there were a lot of pc gamers on the other side? ive seen a few master race threads in the last week.

I don't think the Wii has been taken to its full potential. Now, it's Nintendo's fault for not making it more powerful and the various third parties' fault for not pushing the system in terms of control.

After RE4Wii Capcom should have made another RE game for the system that wasn't on-rails. It didn't have to be RE5, but it just needed to use the same controls as RE4Wii. EA made Godfather Blackhand Edition and that gave you a lot of control and made the fighting in the game visceral. You could jerk people around by jerking the remote and nunchuk in a direction. You could punch people by mimicking the motion. It is so much fun and EA could have made another game with the same controls, but they never did.

The Wii could have been so much more, but that's the industry for you.

Parallax said:
i thought there were a lot of pc gamers on the other side? ive seen a few master race threads in the last week.
I think that most of the posters on here prefer consoles to the PC. Me, I know I'll be buying Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex 3 on PC.

EDIT: The Gaming Side is also where they have spoiler free E3 conference threads so people don't get spoiled on news. I find that utterly crazy

Londa

Banned
heliosRAzi said:
I don't think the Wii has been taken to its full potential. Now, it's Nintendo's fault for not making it more powerful and the various third parties' fault for not pushing the system in terms of control.

After RE4Wii Capcom should have made another RE game for the system that wasn't on-rails. It didn't have to be RE5, but it just needed to use the same controls as RE4Wii. EA made Godfather Blackhand Edition and that gave you a lot of control and made the fighting in the game visceral. You could jerk people around by jerking the remote and nunchuk in a direction. You could punch people by mimicking the motion. It is so much fun and EA could have made another game with the same controls, but they never did.

The Wii could have been so much more, but that's the industry for you.

I think that most of the posters on here prefer consoles to the PC. Me, I know I'll be buying Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex 3 on PC.

EDIT: The Gaming Side is also where they have spoiler free E3 conference threads so people don't get spoiled on news. I find that utterly crazy

How does that even work? I saw it around but it didn't make any sense to me. XD

Parallax

Londa said:
How does that even work? I saw it around but it didn't make any sense to me. XD

im still not sure how it works. its not like its a movie or anything.

Imm0rt4l

heliosRAzi said:
I'm pretty much tired of games in general. The last game I bought was FFXIII back in December and I haven't touched it since.
First final fantasy I didn't buy since FF6. I always thought the game would be ass from the first trailer, and every one tells me it is. The game just never looked good to me. My opinion probably doesn't mean much since the last ff game I loved was ff9.

I just don't have the heart for RPGs anymore. I would be lying if I said that I didn't have the time for them, but for some reason they don't interest me as much as they did when I was younger.

I do want to play some more of the Tales series though. I haven't touched Vesperia nor have I touched Symphonia 2.

Imm0rt4l

spindashing said:
I just don't have the heart for RPGs anymore. I would be lying if I said that I didn't have the time for them, but for some reason they don't interest me as much as they did when I was younger.

I do want to play some more of the Tales series though. I haven't touched Vesperia nor have I touched Symphonia 2.
Well, Japanese games that aren't made by Nintendo or on handhelds have a tendency of sucking. Now that's a gross generalization, but they've fallen way behind from when I was a shorty.

Azure J

spindashing said:

I kinda feel the same way. In my case though, it's more like no time + a waning interest in the types of RPGs coming out on both ends. The exceptions however are Pokemon Black which I'm spending a surprising amount of time with in the random off moments I get to myself and The World Ends With You which I enjoyed the fuck out of. Why that didn't blow up bigger than it did is beyond me, I loved that urban flair it had so much.

In the end though, I just equate this all to a ebb & flow I have with certain genres. Sometimes I'll want nothing to do with them, other times, I can't get enough of them.

Lebron

Imm0rt4l said:
First final fantasy I didn't buy since FF6. I always thought the game would be ass from the first trailer, and every one tells me it is. The game just never looked good to me. My opinion probably doesn't mean much since the last ff game I loved was ff9.
Nah, that's the last great FF game they made. Once Sakaguchi left and they formed with Enix it's been all downhill with each new entry for me. I'll play them, but the hype feeling is gone.

Air

Banned
spindashing said:

I feel the same. Last JRPG I played was Lost odyssey, but I never beat it. I did love the game a lot though. I feel of all of the different franchises out there, JRPGS have stagnated just as much as the first person modern warfare shooter (the only reason I played those was to play with friends). I feel like all of the stories in JRPGS are the same: Either needlessly convoluted, or incomprehensible (which goes in hand with needlessly convoluted).

All I want are more platforming, and adventure games :(. Oh and another power stone. That game was amazing

Londa said:
I was making a logo, but I ended up drawing and now I don't even know anymore. So bored with no inspiration.

The logo should be the black power fist with all of those little black figures raising their hands for black power with a caption that says BLACK CULTURE GAF. lol

Here is an example. Instead of a tan silhouette it'd be black:

http://designyoutrust.com/wp-conten...-aperture-science-retro-poster-13-600x776.jpg

Lebron

I use to Spirit Bomb the fuck out of that iceberg in Power Stone 2, felt like a God. Capcom clearly hate my money for not giving us that this gen.

Parallax

Lebron said:
I use to Spirit Bomb the fuck out of that iceberg in Power Stone 2, felt like a God. Capcom clearly hate my money for not giving us that this gen.

dude, wangtang was my go to guy in powerstone. so much time lost with that game its not funny. and i bought the powerstone collection for psp, but lack of online hurt it big time

Lebron

Yeah, I use to regulate with him in PS2. The fact they haven't released an online version for XBLA/PSN or something is hilarious.

Imm0rt4l said:
Well, Japanese games that aren't made by Nintendo or on handhelds have a tendency of sucking. Now that's a gross generalization, but they've fallen way behind from when I was a shorty.
Japanese games used to be the shit, but it seems like they've hit a wall creatively, just like their anime. I'm still waiting for another installment for Full Metal Panic.

Parallax

NotebookJ2 said:
I'm not gonna give up on RPGs until someone comes up with a Tyler Perry RPG.

Yes, I'm that fucking insane.

and now that you mentioned it, some asshole is working on it. you doomed yourself.

Isn't there a Charles Barkley RPG? It's a fan made game but I remember seeing a hilarious trailer on youtube that played with a remix of the Space Jam theme song.

Londa

Banned
I'm still interested in rpgs, but it seems that devs are giving up on making good rpgs. Loli/moe has ruined anime for me and its ruining japanese games too.

Imm0rt4l said:

FFXIII-2 is supposedly more traditional Final Fantasy. Towns, interactable NPCs, minigames and the like. The well-received battle system is still intact with some improvements. The one bit of bad news in my opinion is that they are keeping the restrictive crystarium level up system.

Londa said:
I'm still interested in rpgs, but it seems that devs are giving up on making good rpgs. Loli/moe has ruined anime for me and its ruining japanese games too.

Yes, I had this discussion with a friend of mine. I guess that's why I look like a Shin Megami Tensei RPG fan boy, meh.

Funny story folks: I was playing Nocturne on the PS2 one day. I was having a particularly had time at some point. Moms comes when she hears me saying. "Hey Lucifer that's so not cool". Mom: what? Me: huh? Oh nothing *nothing except being the anitchrist is hard as hell* Mom: come again?! Me: haha I'm kidding.

Don't give up on RPGs

Top Bottom