• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Bleepey

Lebron said:
Idris better have been #1

Then again, I know plenty of females who think Weezy is the sexiest man alive coming out looking like Predator.

This. I can think of 5 girls of the top of my head who swear up and down he is sexy and it's that he has got swagger. The motherfucker looks like a troll. Urhhh. I shudder at the thought of me having a daughter and bringing home a bf that looks like him. Ewww.

Door2Dawn said:
I'm (pretty) sure that Cain isn't racist against other blacks, so no.
Uh..you must not be paying much attention to things he has said.

Modern social conservatives, in my experience, do not hate black people en masse. To the contrary, there are two kinds of blacks they love. The first is those, like Rice, who are mainly mute on the subject of race, seldom so impolite as to say or do anything that might remind people they are black. The second is those who will engage on race, but only to lecture other blacks for their failures as conservatives conceive them. And that, friends and neighbors, is Herman Cain all over.
“I don’t believe racism in this country today holds anybody back in a big way,” he told CNN recently. Had he contended too many African Americans use racism as an excuse for failure to succeed and even failure to try, Cain would have gotten no grief from me; I’ve made that argument often.
But what he said was that racism is no longer a factor. He surely warmed the hearts of his conservative fellow travelers who swear blacks have the same opportunity to succeed as whites if they’d only get off their lazy so-and-sos and do it.

It is a claim spectacularly at odds with reality, given that African-American unemployment runs twice that of whites, given that the Agriculture Department admits to systematically discriminating against black farmers, given documentation of a “justice” system engaged in the mass incarceration of young black men.
But what made the claim truly bizarre is that two days later, Cain branded himself a victim of racism. Specifically, he said some black people are “racist” because they disagree with his politics. So blacks aren’t held back by racism, but Cain is?

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/...rman-cain.html#storylink=fbuser#ixzz1b5UhGsXv
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/15/2455500/explaining-herman-cain.html#storylink=fbuser[/LIST]

Bleepey

MWS Natural said:
Herman Cain

1mHU9.png

DISCUSS

I don't like referring to other black people as Uncle Toms. I think that shit is regressive and divisive. That said, i was shocked when he did not check that radio DJ who asked him if his ancestors owned his family. He did not even give a nervous laugh at the very least. I have never seen Michael Steele as an "Uncle Tom" he seems pretty honest about how he's perceived in the Republican party and despite what some people who see Black republican might think he is pretty moderate. Cain and Keyes are so rightwing they scare me.

Ken Masters said:
Why do so many black males have earrings?

Who knows, some wear it for the whole "bling" factor, others wear them to be different.

I wear black diamonds just because every one else wears diamonds or CZ. Aaaand chicks think its hot.

I also wear them to see how much I can get away with at work (State government)

Shanadeus

Banned
Angelus Errare said:
Who knows, some wear it for the whole "bling" factor, others wear them to be different.

I wear black diamonds just because every one else wears diamonds or CZ. Aaaand chicks think its hot.

I also wear them to see how much I can get away with at work (State government)
Do you have both of your ears pierced or just one?

Actually have some respect for PhoenixDark now after that McAss Whoopin' thread. Slanderin Sistas Gooku has gone off the rocker even worse than before.

MWS Natural said:
Herman Cain

1mHU9.png

DISCUSS
Looks remarkably similar to a couple of our posters here....

*cough*

Londa said:
Today I kept getting compliments on my hair. One lady who was rocking a natural bush approached me and said she has been wanting to tell me how beautiful my hair was everytime she see me in the cafe. I told her thank you, and also said that I thought I was having a bad hair day! I also complimented her on her hairstyle. Then I remember how Spin loves women in bushes so I decided to share this with black gaf.

At this very moment..... I believe I'm being stalked by someone while waiting for this night class @_@.

Do any of you get compliments on your hair even when you think you are having a bad hair day?
what is this hair style? I demand to see it!

and yes, I get compliments on my hair regularly.
because I look great bald.

MWS Natural said:
There is no debate. Spindashing is the only black person in America who prefers KFC over Popeyes. So that is literally about 38 million to 1.
Facts. All facts.

Had some just the other day. a 3-piece, biscuit, red beans & rice. I drove 20 minutes to get that Popeyes. Would I have done that for KFC? Hell to the no.

KFC to dang greasy. I feel all dehydrated and stuff after KFC.

So I've been hearing about someone named Amber Cole all day and finally decided to see who the heck that was. Pretty crazy stuff.

Imm0rt4l

Bleepey said:
I don't like referring to other black people as Uncle Toms. I think that shit is regressive and divisive. That said, i was shocked when he did not check that radio DJ who asked him if his ancestors owned his family. He did not even give a nervous laugh at the very least. I have never seen Michael Steele as an "Uncle Tom" he seems pretty honest about how he's perceived in the Republican party and despite what some people who see Black republican might think he is pretty moderate. Cain and Keyes are so rightwing they scare me.
I have no problem calling a spade a spade

edit: no hillary clinton

Dreams-Visions said:
Facts. All facts.

Had some just the other day. a 3-piece, biscuit, red beans & rice. I drove 20 minutes to get that Popeyes. Would I have done that for KFC? Hell to the no.
MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER! Last week I drove 25 minutes during my lunch to get a 6 piece tender with slaw and rice&beans. I brought it back to work, washed it down with some Arizona Watermelon DRANK and told my co-workers that had jokes to fuck off. Shit was delicious enough for me to embrace the stereotype LOL.

MWS Natural said:
There is no debate. Spindashing is the only black person in America who prefers KFC over Popeyes. So that is literally about 38 million to 1.
if Popeyes had KFC's Mac & Cheese, i would never get close to the colonel's 13 herbs & spices.

i remember i got in an argument once with 2 friends about which was better, the Popeye's Chicken Bowl or KFC... as it turned out, they hadn't even tried the Popeye's bowl, and when they did, they immediately sided with me.

RedSwirl

I don't even know if there's a Popeye's near me. *checks maps* nope! They got buffalo strips at Popeye's these days?

One more thing I gotta be pissed off at because of where I live, on top of seeing Sonic Burger commercials all the time but not actually having one within two hours of where I live. Those are still the best goddamn burgers if you ask me.

RedSwirl said:
I don't even know if there's a Popeye's near me. *checks maps* nope! They got buffalo strips at Popeye's these days?

One more thing I gotta be pissed off at because of where I live, on top of seeing Sonic Burger commercials all the time but not actually having one within two hours of where I live. Those are still the best goddamn burgers if you ask me.
yeah, where i'm at right now, Popeye's is the furthest place from me, and it's terrible.

I have to go past 3 Waffle Houses, 3 McDonald's, 2 Burger Kings, 2 Subways, 2 Wendy's, 2 KFC's, 2 Chic-Fil-a's, a Papa John's, a Domino's, a Pizza Hut, a Sonic, a Church's Chicken, a Taco Bell and a Krystal's. i don't even count the Little Ceasar's because i find what they call 'food' to not meet my minimum requirements for pizza.

RedSwirl

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, where i'm at right now, Popeye's is the furthest place from me, and it's terrible.

I have to go past 3 Waffle Houses, 3 McDonald's, 2 Burger Kings, 2 Subways, 2 Wendy's, 2 KFC's, 2 Chic-Fil-a's, a Papa John's, a Domino's, a Pizza Hut, a Sonic, a Church's Chicken, a Taco Bell and a Krystal's. i don't even count the Little Ceasar's because i find what they call 'food' to not meet my minimum requirements for pizza.
Pizza joints is the one thing I got a shitload of up here. I've started to prefer one local place, but Anthony's is still my favorite ever. Too bad they only have them on military bases.

Londa

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Looks remarkably similar to a couple of our posters here....

*cough*

what is this hair style? I demand to see it!

and yes, I get compliments on my hair regularly.
because I look great bald.

It was the same style that I posted awhile back in here. Wavy pulled back hair with a curly bush in the back lol.

If my hair is straight people actually start playing in my hair. Which I really hate because I don't know where they have put their hands and I think its rude to mess up my style just because you want to play with someones hair. urg!!

Kaizer

Banned
MWS Natural said:
MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER! Last week I drove 25 minutes during my lunch to get a 6 piece tender with slaw and rice&beans. I brought it back to work, washed it down with some Arizona Watermelon DRANK and told my co-workers that had jokes to fuck off. Shit was delicious enough for me to embrace the stereotype LOL.
Preaching the gospel right here, fuck a sterotype, everyone loves them some fried chicken. Luckily I have a Popeyes only about a 12 minute drive away and funnily enough, the KFC that's 2 minutes away from my house just closed down lol.

SonnyBoy

MWS Natural said:

And you have JUST decided what I will be eating for dinner. I live 3 min away from a Popeyes, living in the hood has its benefits. lol

Azure J

I feel privileged to live within walking distance of a Burger King, Dunkin Donuts and a Popeyes. :lol

And yeah, I'm still trying to find out where a HUGE amount of folks went and got banned now.

Edit: Good fucking lord, I haven't seen such a graveyard since the Epic Mickey threads. :eek:

DominoKid

i thought better of posting in that thread because what i intended to say probably would've gotten me banned going by the bans in that thread.

Slayven

Can I be real for a moment?

I hate with the power of a million million suns when GaF has a blacks in America(except for this thread)threads. Some posters make it seem like the Black American is the most sad, pathetic, self defeating creature on earth.

Slayven said:

I hate with the power of a million million suns when GaF has a blacks in America(except for this thread)threads. Some posters make it seem like the Black American is the most sad, pathetic, self defeating creature on earth.

Good thing this thread exists then since you all seem like pretty chill cool people in here.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Slayven said:

They always deteorate that way. Or start that way.

SoilBreak

Banned
Slayven said:

Agreed.

Race threads like this one I usually stay away from.

Top Bottom