• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

zero_suit

Air said:
I never thought Londa was bad. Well to be honest, I don't think any Gaffer is bad. Some can be thick-headed, but you can say that about everyone.

It still surprises me how you can be banned so easily in gaming, though when I think about that, and how people get REALLY passionate about it, I can understand why the mods are harsher on that side of the pond.

Indeed, NPD used to be a graveyard for juniors.

CrazyDogg77 said:
He was asking for study drugs right?
Yeah. And it was EviLore that dealt with the banning, so I'm guessing it was a permaban. Which sucks because he's a guy I saw in most of the threads that I regular and we got along great.

eternaLightness said:
Suppose to use a 40!
Women can't get anything right.

JK well not really -- no really I am

spindashing said:
Yeah. And it was EviLore that dealt with the banning, so I'm guessing it was a permaban. Which sucks because he's a guy I saw in most of the threads that I regular and we got along great.

Yea he seemed like a pretty cool guy.

eternaLightness said:
Baaaaallliin!

MuYvE.jpg

Too bad about Londa. She could be annoying sometimes but she could also be fun to mess with.

In other news, I had an interesting discussion about demographic shifts in DC today. Apparently things used to be the exact opposite of how they are now (i.e. instead of being black east and white west, they were white east and black west). Do most black people see white gentrification efforts as white people taking over their neighborhoods? If so, how would it be possible for white people to move into black neighborhoods without being seen as trying to take over?

I come in here to find out why Londa was banned, and i come to find out not only was Londa perma'd, but shado's ban was a perma as well?

This day just keeps getting worse and worse.

Measley

cooljeanius said:
Too bad about Londa. She could be annoying sometimes but she could also be fun to mess with.

In other news, I had an interesting discussion about demographic shifts in DC today. Apparently things used to be the exact opposite of how they are now (i.e. instead of being black east and white west, they were white east and black west). Do most black people see white gentrification efforts as white people taking over their neighborhoods? If so, how would it be possible for white people to move into black neighborhoods without being seen as trying to take over?

I see gentrification as white people buying up cheap housing, and revitalizing "bad" neighborhoods.

PhoenixDark said:
Couldn't stand her at fucking all, but I never wish death on no one because there's no coming back from that

OH shit, you're back, the Phoenix is reborn ya'll
That Lame mod started with Londa though, indirectly on some punk shit too. I don't blame her a bit for going off.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
has anyone noticed that since we came out as a unit, there have been a bunch of black trap threads? not saying that this was one such scenario, but im shocked more of us arent gone, and that includes dave and devo too....

PhoenixDark said:
Didn't read an OP, got banned alongside 20+ other people. My first ban in at least a year. Londa should have followed the #1 GAF rule: don't want to get banned? Don't post in the gaming forum.

ill say this to anyone who will listen. if you want a quick ticket out of this place, argue in the gaming section. after pantherlotus went hard on me for nothing, i learned to just let it go, and bail out.

Devolution said:
Femgaf also lost one with this ban.

::pours champagne on the floor::

the champagne made me laugh pretty hard, mainly because i imagined a woman in a ballgown sitting in front of a fireplace doing it

Measley said:
No, for the 2 pages of bile she spewed after that post.

dont hold back your excitement on our account

Measley

cooljeanius said:
That's a pretty accurate description, but do you have anything normative to attach to that?

I think blacks in those neighborhoods absolutely see it as a "take over" because oftentimes higher prices accompany gentrification, and eventually forces the black tenants out.

Parallax said:
has anyone noticed that since we came out as a unit, there have been a bunch of black trap threads? not saying that this was one such scenario, but im shocked more of us arent gone, and that includes dave and devo too....

I probably came close if not over the edge in Second's thread. I just didn't give a fuck and let my rage seep into my posts.

Parallax

Devolution said:
I probably came close if not over the edge in Second's thread. I just didn't give a fuck and let my rage seep into my posts.

which thread was that?

CrazyDogg77 said:
That wasn't the fat hate thread was it?

No it was the guy who was going to tell his supposed female friend about her husband being a compulsive and unremorseful cheater. And he ends up posting about "conquering" women. I don't feel guilty about giving him shit now.

Devolution said:
No it was the guy who was going to tell his supposed female friend about her husband being a compulsive and unremorseful cheater. And he ends up posting about "conquering" women. I don't feel guilty about giving him shit now.
I was shocked you weren't banned, but even more shocked that you didn't let loose in that thread. Not that Second wouldn't have deserved it, as well as some of the other posters in there.

Devolution said:

Oh I remember both of us got kind of fired up in Scoularis' thread. What was the whole conquering thing about though?

Parallax

Measley said:
Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed conversing with Londa and I'm semi-sad to see her banned.

semi-sad.

heh, then maybe theres hope for you yet

Devolution said:

oh shit, that actually happened? i figured he wouldnt pull the trigger and backed out, but i didnt think it would make such a turn.

Professor Beef said:
I was shocked you weren't banned, but even more shocked that you didn't let loose in that thread. Not that Second wouldn't have deserved it, as well as some of the other posters in there.

Couldn't help myself, that shit was just real life bad, not just you're pathetic on a forum bad.

CrazyDogg77 said:
Oh I remember both of us got kind of fired up in Scoularis' thread. What was the whole conquering thing about though?

Link

Parallax

Devolution said:
Couldn't help myself, that shit was just real life bad, not just you're pathetic on a forum bad.

Link

i love that satch quoted it before he could back out. hilarious

I think I've developed a sort of GAF-dar. Just from looking at a title, I can assume that it will either result in a mass ban or my own anger. It works 90% of the time.

spindashing said:
I think I've developed a sort of GAF-dar. Just from looking at a title, I can assume that it will either result in a mass ban or my own anger. It works 90% of the time.

There's just some days when I'm way too bitter and angry for my own good and a thread like Second's reminds me how sociopathic and sexist people can be.

spindashing said:

I feel like I'm getting sort of the same thing. I don't remember there being this many mass bans when I was a lurker.

If you've spent more than a few weeks on GAF, you know exactly what threads to stay away from, and you know exactly how much *not* to push the line.

...then again, it might just be that I'm not argumentative enough to get banned anywhere.

Parallax

spindashing said:

did you pick that up from the gaming section? thats where i got mine

captmcblack said:
If you've spent more than a few weeks on GAF, you know exactly what threads to stay away from, and you know exactly how much *not* to push the line.

...then again, it might just be that I'm not argumentative enough to get banned anywhere.

Yeah I really have to tone it down from how I am in real life to keep from getting banned here.

SoilBreak

Banned
spindashing said:

Pretty much stay away from threads that revolves around with

Race
Sexism
Sexuality
Religion
Final Fantasy

DominoKid

spindashing said:

agreed.

although i still havent developed a good sense of which posts are going to blow up.
some of them are obvious, but a lot of them just seem to blow up for no reason.

also, Devolution is black? unless i have her mixed up w/ someone else i feel like i've never seen her in this thread.

Azure J

I clearly need to stay more frequent with this thread. Londa getting banned was "wat" to me. I didn't really know her well on the forum personally, but just recognized her enough that her posts on gaming side were more like "oh cool, she's there." Sucks that she had to go out like that though.

Honestly, gaming side isn't that bad once you learn that no one is serious over there and the times when you're asked to be serious, you do so and things go smoothly. Then again, I'm pretty much only active in Marvel-GAF, some posts here and there in Nintendo threads, and lurking about until something big goes down, so maybe I'm just low key enough to get on by. Haven't been banned once since I joined in 08 and don't intend to be ever.

SoilBreak said:
Pretty much stay away from threads that revolves around with

Race
Sexism
Sexuality
Religion
Final Fantasy

spindashing said:

This too.

Parallax

AzureJericho said:
I clearly need to stay more frequent with this thread. Londa getting banned was "wat" to me. I didn't really know her well on the forum personally, but just recognized her enough that her posts on gaming side were more like "oh cool, she's there." Sucks that she had to go out like that though.

Honestly, gaming side isn't that bad once you learn that no one is serious over there and the times when you're asked to be serious, you do so and things go smoothly. Then again, I'm pretty much only active in Marvel-GAF, some posts here and there in Nintendo threads, and lurking about until something big goes down, so maybe I'm just low key enough to get on by. Haven't been banned once since I joined in 08 and don't intend to be ever.

marvel as in the comics, or marvel as in the bloody roar character?

DominoKid said:
also, Devolution is black? unless i have her mixed up w/ someone else i feel like i've never seen her in this thread.

shes not black, but she posts in here all the time. its hard to miss her.

Professor Beef said:
I may or may not be moving back down there temporarily. We should hang out. I'll even let you yell at me!

I still gotta hang out with Acrid too.

Parallax said:
shes not black, but she posts in here all the time. its hard to miss her.

Can I get a special card though, I have no idea what it would say. Down for brown? I dunno, I'm just being stupid and silly now.

Parallax

AzureJericho said:
Marvel VS. Capcom 3. :p

I need to get back into comics come to think of it...

oh, i was wondering when there was a break off of the comics thread, and wondering why there wasnt any fallout

Top Bottom