• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DominoKid

Devolution said:
Yeah I misspelled it ;_; shhh. I noticed when I did the image search.

Nah but I'm in the Yay Area.

ah....wait you used to have the Brian Wilson avatar right. thats why i didnt recognize your posts now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Devolution said:
I still gotta hang out with Acrid too.

Can I get a special card though, I have no idea what it would say. Down for brown? I dunno, I'm just being stupid and silly now.

....you need to pm a certain person, but ill give him a heads up that youll be asking for one....

Cipherr

Parallax said:
did you pick that up from the gaming section? thats where i got mine

Still working on mine. No idea how I havent eaten at least a short term ban yet. Pure luck. I have been out of line quite a few times. Its been so bad that I have went back days later to edit posts before after having time to 'cool down'. Pretty ridiculous, heh.

Parallax

Cipherr said:
Still working on mine. No idea how I havent eaten at least a short term ban yet. Pure luck. I have been out of line quite a few times. Its been so bad that I have went back days later to edit posts before after having time to 'cool down'. Pretty ridiculous, heh.
I still haven't been banned, but have read threads knowing that had I participated more I would have been. That black girls thread was a big trap and I'm suprised it didn't take me under.

I didn't really pick it up in Gaming per se. I guess it's just a general collection of thoughts built up since I've been here for a year +.

I know I would have gotten banned the same way PhoenixDark did and the other members, that's for sure. That's a thread I avoided, for example.

But, such an analysis can only go so far.

I'll be perma'd sooner or later. I just don't have the charismatic posting touch that let's one build up enough board rapport to get away with, or get a slap on the wrist from a gaf gaffe. I've had one ban so far though, and if I'm not mistaken it was Sega related of all things.

The only time gaming forum trolling was acceptable was when Amir0x was trolling. If he was going HAM on Nintendo fans you could use him as your blocker and run all over them kids. Nobody would care what you said as long as you didn't name call. Now that Ami is just as mortal as anyone else...yea, not a good idea brehs.

Parallax

PhoenixDark said:
The only time gaming forum trolling was acceptable was when Amir0x was trolling. If he was going HAM on Nintendo fans you could use him as your blocker and run all over them kids. Nobody would care what you said as long as you didn't name call. Now that Ami is just as mortal as anyone else...yea, not a good idea brehs.
Would ami be considered a good troll, or merely a subpar one since he did his trolling under a red banner

Damn I missed hella drama. Been a bit on the low after exposing Ripclawe's uncle tom foolery.

I've been banned 3-4 times but nothing in a while, probably since I spend much less time on the Gaming side.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Measley said:
I see gentrification as white people buying up cheap housing, and revitalizing "bad" neighborhoods.
I've never seen it called gentrification when the Koreans were doing it. What's up with that?

PhoenixDark said:
Didn't read an OP, got banned alongside 20+ other people. My first ban in at least a year. Londa should have followed the #1 GAF rule: don't want to get banned? Don't post in the gaming forum.
i'd have to disagree, more than half of my bans have been in off-topic!

captmcblack said:
If you've spent more than a few weeks on GAF, you know exactly what threads to stay away from, and you know exactly how much *not* to push the line.

...then again, it might just be that I'm not argumentative enough to get banned anywhere.
man, i've been on GAF forever and i feel like i get banned for posts that aren't even near the line. then the posts i think are risky, even after multiple edits before i hit submit, never get anything.

Parallax

Urban Scholar said:
I still think we can raise the bar and have more intelligent discussions. Hell, I think we(I mean everyone) can be better at being tongue and cheek too
Honestly, we woudd be a lot better off if we could just walk away from certain topics

Parallax said:
Honestly, we woudd be a lot better off if we could just walk away from certain topics

I don't see why a place were we can chill and talk about tokusatsu isn't ok for other things as well. Not to harp folks but we can be civil in talks about any issue. Like in real life I'm just typing behind my laptop(when I should doing homework).

Parallax

Urban Scholar said:
I don't see why a place were we can chill and talk about tokusatsu isn't ok for other things as well. Not to harp folks but we can be civil in talks about any issue. Like in real life I'm just typing behind my laptop(when I should doing homework).
Because certain topics are naturally hot. And when race(or sex for that matter) gets brought up it kinda feels like an us vs them scenario.

Parallax said:
Because certain topics are naturally hot. And when race(or sex for that matter) gets brought up it kinda feels like an us vs them scenario.

....yeah you right. I still don't like how those topics show that the vast vocal majority is really not privy to speaking like adults about it.

Ovid

The Faceless Master said:
lol

that's not the way i expected her to go out.
Wow, you can get banned for making an opinion on the Gaming side?

I dont understand, what was so bad about her post?

Measley

tarius1210 said:

That wasn't her only post in the thread. Read the posts after that one, and you'll see why she got banned.

tarius1210 said:

It wasn't really her opinion about the game that got her banned, it was the way she handled everyone's reaction to her opinion about the game. And the fact that she always handles everyone's reaction to her the same way. Still, I'm personally not feeling that perma.

Master Milk said:
It wasn't really her opinion about the game that got her banned, it was the way she handled everyone's reaction to her opinion about the game. And the fact that she always handles everyone's reaction to her the same way. Still, I'm personally not feeling that perma.
I wished she didn't get banned but the smallest thing would send her into a fury of circular arguments that went nowhere. She took people's posts like everything was a personal attack against her.

zero_suit

MWS Natural said:
I wished she didn't get banned but the smallest thing would send her into a fury of circular arguments that went nowhere. She took people's posts like everything was a personal attack against her.

Yup, she took this forum way too seriously.

Top Bottom