• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Slayven

MWS Natural said:
Explain. I'm pretty center but the right is so fucking crazy right now it pushes me more left.
Might just be me, but when hearing some real left leaning folks talk they sound so damn patronizing. Like "oh I know you can't do any better because of your socioeconomic background and culture. A culture I know better then you because I took a black studies class." Basically how the teacher in "Everybody hates Chris" was, except for the Mandingo fetish.

I rather be insulted and told to go back to Africa, then talked down too.

RedSwirl

Slayven said:
Might just be me, but when hearing some real left leaning folks talk they sound so damn patronizing. Like "oh I know you can't do any better because of your socioeconomic background and culture. A culture I know better then you because I took a black studies class." Basically how the teacher in "Everybody hates Chris" was, except for the Mandingo fetish.

Yeah you gotta admit that a lot of left people have some humility problems, but that doesn't make their opinions or what they know invalid.

Slayven said:

Yeah, being treated like we're handicapped or inherently disadvantaged isn't endearing. I also get annoyed when some people feel they have to hold back or try emphasize to me that they're not trying offensive. It's like they don't trust me to not have a thin skin about anything.

That's why I think Race problems go deeper than how we outwardly treat each.

FreeMufasa

I dated a Korean student in my last year at uni. Her parents in Korean went absoloutely ballistic when they found out. They use to call me and tell me they were going to kill me if I didn't break up with her. I messed with them for a while but she eventually told me she wanted a baby with me. It was obvious so I had to end it there and then.

My parents are really accepting of who I date but I still keep things seperate. In the past when my mum was really conservative.....not so much. She specifically told me she didn't want me dating, whites, west africans and carribean people.

RedSwirl said:
Heard a story once: A young woman (Arab I think) confesses to her parents that she's gay. Her parents freak out and for a few minutes act as if she's dead. Then she tells them she's getting married to a black guy and the parents are ecstatic.

Anybody ever heard anything even close to this?

I haven't heard the story but this was a common tactic I used to use when telling my parents something. Say I did something worse, have them RAGE for a few seconds and then tell them what I did which would come them down. I used to do it to people to make them confess things to. Lets say they've done something which I know but won't admit. I'll say they've done something similar but worse and they'll say "What?????? no! I only did ......."

Random question: Does anyone personally know any charities for minority youth in the U.S. that does good work? Too many of these charities in general have way too much overhead but if someone knows of one that is known to be especially helpful or efficient that would be appreciated.

R.I.P. Londa

Imm0rt4l

FreeMufasa said:
I dated a Korean student in my last year at uni. Her parents in Korean went absoloutely ballistic when they found out. They use to call me and tell me they were going to kill me if I didn't break up with her. I messed with them for a while but she eventually told me she wanted a baby with me. It was obvious so I had to end it there and then.

My parents are really accepting of who I date but I still keep things seperate. In the past when my mum was really conservative.....not so much. She specifically told me she didn't want me dating, whites, west africans and carribean people.

My parents don't mind who I date. While I was in school I had a lot of international female friends, I have to say the Koreans were the baddest of the East Asian bunch. I had a Nepali friend who said she could never date a black guy because her parents would flip, and even if she didn't' say anything word in the school would get back to the parents. Pretty fucked up

Bleepey

FreeMufasa said:

I knew a Korean girl who was dating a black guy. She was such an innocent looking girl, but she was cheating on her bf so many times. Made me realise looks can be deceiving. She dumped him after he wanted to marry her.

Where are you from?

FreeMufasa

Imm0rt4l said:
My parents don't mind who I date. While I was in school I had a lot of international female friends, I have to say the Koreans were the baddest of the East Asian bunch. I had a Nepali friend who said she could never date a black guy because her parents would flip, and even if she didn't' say anything word in the school would get back to the parents. Pretty fucked up

Yep. But it's definately getting better. So many black guys are discouraged and don't attempt to approach Asian women because of the whole family thing. One thing they need to be prepared for is the girl dating them to piss off her parents. It happens A LOT more than I originally though and i've seen guys get burnt over it.

Bleepey said:
I knew a Korean girl who was dating a black guy. She was such an innocent looking girl, but she was cheating on her bf so many times. Made me realise looks can be deceiving. She dumped him after he wanted to marry her.

Where are you from?

lol. From what i've read and heard, the innocent type are either extremely dedicated to you or cheat unbelievably in the relationship. Luckily my ex was the former but god, she saw did get a lot of weaboos trying to pick her up. One dude did it right when I was next to her, probably assuming I wasn't with her and it was horrible. Cringe the maximum.

I'm from Somalia. But my parents are extremely open now, a bit too much though. It's amazing, they went from one end to the other.

Bleepey

FreeMufasa said:
Yep. But it's definately getting better. So many black guys are discouraged and don't attempt to approach Asian women because of the whole family thing. One thing they need to be prepared for is the girl dating them to piss off her parents. It happens A LOT more than I originally though and i've seen guys get burnt over it.

lol. From what i've read and heard, the innocent type are either extremely dedicated to you or cheat unbelievably in the relationship.
Luckily my ex was the former but god, she saw did get a lot of weaboos trying to pick her up. One dude did it right when I was next to her, probably assuming I wasn't with her and it was horrible. Cringe the maximum.

I'm from Somalia. But my parents are extremely open now, a bit too much though. It's amazing, they went from one end to the other.

Tell me more.

FreeMufasa

Bleepey said:
Tell me more.

I have 2 black friends that've dated Asian girls. One of them was head over heels for her and loved her to bits. She on the otherhand was using him as a way to piss off her strict parents. After a while and her parents cooling down she became bored of him and binned him asap. The dude was so heart broken. Even began learning Chinese for her lol. My other friend had a similar situation. He thought he was in a serious relationship with this girl but she was only with him to experience "black". Probably just to say she's done it at some point in her life and not fee like she's missed out. Anyway he was chucked out and she replaced him with her true bf. I've also heard similar stories from people on the internet too.

Us being black is treated as a novelty/accessory. It's both good and a bad thing. If you know where you stand and just want sex, it's perfect but invest too much and you can get burnt bad. Not to say all cases are like this but quite a few are.

That's just a personal experience lol. An innocent girl you definately trust and she stays faithful. An innocent girl you definately trust and she bangs 16 dudes in 5 months.

Bleepey

FreeMufasa said:
I have 2 black friends that've dated Asian girls. One of them was head over heels for her and loved her to bits. She on the otherhand was using him as a way to piss off her strict parents. After a while and her parents cooling down she became bored of him and binned him asap. The dude was so heart broken. Even began learning Chinese for her lol. My other friend had a similar situation. He thought he was in a serious relationship with this girl but she was only with him to experience "black". Probably just to say she's done it at some point in her life and not fee like she's missed out. Anyway he was chucked out and she replaced him with her true bf. I've also heard similar stories from people on the internet too.

Us being black is treated as a novelty/accessory. It's both good and a bad thing. If you know where you stand and just want sex, it's perfect but invest too much and you can get burnt bad. Not to say all cases are like this but quite a few are.

That's just a personal experience lol. An innocent girl you definately trust and she stays faithful. An innocent girl you definately trust and she bangs 16 dudes in 5 months.

I know a few black guys who dated asian girls they said they had to check them a few times for doing foul shit. I have dated a few myself. I am like women are women. I lost my virginity to a Chinese girl and i kinda wish in some ways i didn't. She was crazy over me and i can't say i was 100% crazy over her.

FreeMufasa

Bleepey said:
I know a few black guys who dated asian girls they said they had to check them a few times for doing foul shit. I have dated a few myself. I am like women are women. I lost my virginity to a Chinese girl and i kinda wish in some ways i didn't. She was crazy over me and i can't say i was 100% crazy over her.

True.

That doesn't seem too bad. I lost mine to a fat single mother who was quite a bit older than me which I hugely regret =( Never again.

Reading some of your experiences about the above, all I can add is...man I should've lived in your states. Ahaha but I've heard some stories like the above to. Speaking of Asian women, there's one that rarely shops at my job. I've seen her but have never been able to help her myself. I would love for just need 5 minutes to my game(I suppose we still call it this) on.

Big Baybee said:
Eddie Murphy withdrawing from the Oscars kinda pisses me off. Come the fuck on dude.

I've seen a lot of hate towards him on the net for this decision, and I really don't know how people justify it.

Ratner was the one that brought him in, they had just worked together on Tower Heist, it seems like that was a big aspect of him agreeing to do it.

I think that it's fair that he would exit once Ratner fucked everything and was fired. The job seems pretty selfless anyways, the ratings are always going to be lower than "expectations" and it's rare that people really knock it out of the park.

eternaLightness said:
Life is also that last really good movie Martin was in.

What about Big Momma's House 3?
---------

I've been this close to getting a 3DS twice, but someone always convinces me to wait for the Vita. Is Zelda Ocarina of Time still the killer app?

Bay Maximus said:
---------

I've been this close to getting a 3DS twice, but someone always convinces me to wait for the Vita. Is Zelda Ocarina of Time still the killer app?
Don't have it yet, only SSF4
Seems like it's the bet game on it, unless you burnt out on ocarina replays over the years.
I'll be getting Mario Kart 7 and RE: Revelations if it turns out good

zero_suit

Bay Maximus said:
---------

Nope, Mario comes out next week. :)

Shanadeus

Banned
Bay Maximus said:
---------

Just until Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 is released.

Then you'll no longer have any reason to wait.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Bay Maximus said:
---------

i plan on getting a vita day one as well, but super mario 3d land is too enticing as well

Bleepey

FreeMufasa said:
True.

That doesn't seem too bad. I lost mine to a fat single mother who was quite a bit older than me which I hugely regret =( Never again.

I remember a guy in this thread describing fucking a fat white girl as "becoming a statistic" that shit still makes me crack up to this day. That said i have never fucked a fat white girl, maybe a bit thick, fingered af at girl, but never fucked one. As for older women, they are awesome. I have never fucked a woamn with a kid, although i have tried a few times.

Dabanton

Tbh i think Kanye is straight as they come, because he dresses flamboyantly people think his 'gay'

Though i would guess lots of rappers are Bi too many situations for group sex and a boredom of the same every night must allow certain people to want to experience something a little more freakier..

PhoenixDark said:
Doesn't everyone know Eddie is in the closet in Hollywood?

Yeah his been in a long term relationship with Johnny Gill if you believe the rumours who was living in his poolhouse.

I don't know, man. Yeah, he dresses flamboyant and is interested in eccentric things but the whole gag order he issued on Amber Rose after they broke up worth at least a million dollars is pretty suspect.

Could mean nothing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
spindashing said:
I don't know, man. Yeah, he dresses flamboyant and is interested in eccentric things but the whole gag order he issued on Amber Rose after they broke up worth at least a million dollars is pretty suspect.

Could mean nothing.
With what she looks like, and the guys she gets, I would too. That superhead chick did a lot of damage and I'm sure a lot of these dudes have trust issues because of it.

Parallax said:
With what she looks like, and the guys she gets, I would too. That superhead chick did a lot of damage and I'm sure a lot of these dudes have trust issues because of it.
I guess it's proof of the axiom of not being able to make a ho into a housewife. Good luck to Wiz.

Dude dresses too flamboyantly nevertheless. We live in a world where Prince exists so there's always that.

Not bashing Kanye. One of the most known KanyeGAF members over here... Just making observation.

Big Baybee said:
Amber Rose gets around. 'Round and 'round, 'round and 'roooouund!
qax33.gif

RedSwirl said:
Anybody here still own a record player? Or have parents that still keep one around? My dad still keeps his reel 2 reel.
We have one somewhere
Along with My mom's big record collection that she will never listen to nor sell

Top Bottom