• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

ecierif said:
I think Devolution's avatar is Hilde from Soul Calibur IV.

Yes.

ODdC3.jpg

Hilde_SCIV_07.jpg

spindashing said:
I don't know, man. Yeah, he dresses flamboyant and is interested in eccentric things but the whole gag order he issued on Amber Rose after they broke up worth at least a million dollars is pretty suspect.

Could mean nothing.

If I had to bet I'd say he's into strap on stuff. But then again I ain't gonna lie, I'd do just about anything with Amber Rose too. I'm not even gonna say pause, that's real talk

PhoenixDark said:
If I had to bet I'd say he's into strap on stuff. But then again I ain't gonna lie, I'd do just about anything with Amber Rose too. I'm not even gonna say pause, that's real talk
:lol

She would be so much better with longer hair.

Speaking of hair, I'm at my barber shop right now and there's only three guys here excluding myself. It's usually more packed on the weekends, Sunday especially. Weird shit.

FreeMufasa

Bleepey said:
I remember a guy in this thread describing fucking a fat white girl as "becoming a statistic" that shit still makes me crack up to this day. That said i have never fucked a fat white girl, maybe a bit thick, fingered af at girl, but never fucked one. As for older women, they are awesome. I have never fucked a woamn with a kid, although i have tried a few times.

lol she was black. That's one statistic i'll never be apart of. I see it around me too much. She was a teenager though.

Urban Scholar said:
Reading some of your experiences about the above, all I can add is...man I should've lived in your states. Ahaha but I've heard some stories like the above to. Speaking of Asian women, there's one that rarely shops at my job. I've seen her but have never been able to help her myself. I would love for just need 5 minutes to my game(I suppose we still call it this) on.

We're from the UK. From what i've read here and around the web, we're a lot more open to interracial dating than the states.

Bleepey

FreeMufasa said:
lol she was black. That's one statistic i'll never be apart of. I see it around me too much. She was a teenager though.

We're from the UK. From what i've read here and around the web, we're a lot more open to interracial dating than the states.

An American friend of mine described the UK as the black/white dating capital of the world. This white-american girl said she was shocked at how many interacial couples she saw in London and no one seemed to bad an eye-lid.

Bleepey said:
An American friend of mine described the UK as the black/white dating capital of the world. This white-american girl said she was shocked at how many interacial couples she saw in London and no one seemed to bad an eye-lid.
I should move to London.

SoilBreak

Banned
Bleepey said:

cooljeanius said:
I should move to London.

untitled-7g731.gif

RedSwirl

Bleepey said:

Saw a thing on TV a year or two ago about how a town in Mississippi had its first interracial high school prom... in 2009-2010.

Edit: here we go. It was 2008. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91371629

What type of shampoo do you guys use? I've been struggling with dry hair for awhile. I used to use Head And Shoulders, but only because it was the only stuff I had at the house; I think I used it too much thus resulting in dry scalp. So then I switched to this Cream Of Nature stuff, and things haven't improved

PhoenixDark said:
What type of shampoo do you guys use? I've been struggling with dry hair for awhile. I used to use Head And Shoulders, but only because it was the only stuff I had at the house; I think I used it too much thus resulting in dry scalp. So then I switched to this Cream Of Nature stuff, and things haven't improved
Have you ever tried not using anything? Just washing it with water?

So you already don't wash your hair everyday? That's good. My suggestion is to cut back even further. Maybe try going a week without any shampoo and see how you like it or if you notice any difference. If it works out fine or improves, stick with it, if not, try another shampoo.

I can't help with shampoo suggestions though.

RedSwirl said:
Saw a thing on TV a year or two ago about how a town in Mississippi had its first interracial high school prom... in 2009-2010.

Edit: here we go. It was 2008. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91371629

I had to stay is Mississippi for my final year of high school and they had separate proms. Same school my mom went to when she was younger and it was the same then. Living up north now, I see much more interracial couples then when I lived down south. Never dated a white girl myself until I moved up hear.

I use this shampoo and conditioner

I wash my hair once a week and it leaves my hair pretty soft.

Since we're on the topic of hair...What is this style? Or rather how does a black dude make their hair like that? If my hair keeps getting longer...it just grows afro like but this is like loose curls or something? Or is this guy mixed?

medium+black+curly+hairstyle+for+men.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Satchwar said:
me and my mama were singing that song together one day

never again
I feel you on that one. The jheri curl is one of my greatest hair fears. That shit will never happen to me.

Parallax said:
I feel you on that one. The jheri curl is one of my greatest hair fears. That shit will never happen to me.
My uncle's jheri curls almost caught fire in church years before I was born. The moisture focused the sun's rays all in his hair and it started to smoke. Needless to say, I laughed for about 10 minutes the first time I heard that story.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bobbychalkers said:
My uncle's jheri curls almost caught fire in church years before I was born. The moisture focused the sun's rays all in his hair and it started to smoke. Needless to say, I laughed for about 10 minutes the first time I heard that story.
Damn... that sounds horrendous. And hilarious. And other than the stains everywhere is a reason I will never mess around.

SoilBreak

Banned
bobbychalkers said:

LOL

zero_suit

bobbychalkers said:

Haha

bobbychalkers said:
LOL.

True story: I never saw my father without a jheri until I was a senior in high school.

He was afraid to change up. He finally went baled one day to rest himself.

Kaizer

Banned
I'll never understand how my mom fell for my dad, dude was rocking a FLATOP! He seriously looked like Gerald from "Hey Arnold!". The hairstyles of the 80s - crazy.

Kaizer said:
I'll never understand how my mom fell for my dad, dude was rocking a FLATOP! He seriously looked like Gerald from "Hey Arnold!". The hairstyles of the 80s - crazy.
Hey, Gerald was still able to hook up with Phoebe.

IceCold

I'm not black but I always liked Samuel L. Jackson's hair on Pulp Fiction (yes I know it's a wig),

Jheri curls, but nothing crazy like in that Soul glo video.

3749184721_8069d2bc08.jpg

MJ's hair on Thriller was also pretty nice.

It's a shame that this hair style requires you do douse your hair in crazy chemicals that will end up damaging it. Not worth it imo.

Top Bottom