• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

epfia.jpg

re-fixed!

DominoKid

thanksgiving always brings out the worst in me. probably one of my least favorite holidays. although i guess its better if you actually have a family...

as an only child of now-divorced parents, it's not so great.

at least on christmas the presents are enough of a distraction for me to forget that i'm basically alone on the holidays.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im as full as a tick right now. i have to let this digest before i can even attempt to try to go to sleep. gravy truly is a magical thing.....

Yasae

Banned
thanksgiving always brings out the worst in me. probably one of my least favorite holidays. although i guess its better if you actually have a family...

at least on christmas the presents are enough of a distraction for me to forget that i'm basically alone on the holidays.
n4aEE.png

I understand, man. The holidays in general are my most hated time of the year for the same reasons.

DominoKid

the weird thing is Thanksgiving is the only one i get bent out of shape for

New Years - usually my friends are home so i can hang out with them
4th of July, Memorial Day & Labor Day - too busy manning the grill to give a fuck
Xmas - as i mentioned earlier, presents

even when i'm alone on Valentine's Day it doesnt bother me that much.

Thanksgiving is just so damn family-centric.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cxnsl.jpg

Me on the left, with oversized shirt and purple drank clutched firmly - to cool to ever acknowledge a camera

The thing is, that isn't even 2002. Every year I go back is further down the rabbit hole.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol @ these pictures. I might have to dig something up.

I was going through old photos from 2002-ish up to 2008 and you can see the gradual progression from oversized jerseys and Dipset belt buckles to oversized I'M BLACK shirt with Malcolm on the front. Jordans, Air Forces, Reebok Pumps, or Tims. All de time.

So one thing I've noticed is that black politicians disproportionately have mustaches in comparison to white politicians. Herman Cain, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Jim Clyburn, Vince Gray... Meanwhile, I can't think of a single white politician who currently has facial hair. The closest thing I can think of would be Ben Bernanke and that's kind of a stretch as he's not actually a politician. Any idea why constituencies of black politicians find mustaches more acceptable than constituencies of white politicians? I'm asking because I like facial hair and would like to see it make a comeback among white politicians (our last president with a mustache was Teddy Roosevelt), so I was wondering what could be learnt from black politicians on this issue.

So one thing I've noticed is that black politicians disproportionately have mustaches in comparison to white politicians. Herman Cain, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Jim Clyburn, Vince Gray... Meanwhile, I can't think of a single white politician who currently has facial hair. The closest thing I can think of would be Ben Bernanke and that's kind of a stretch as he's not actually a politician. Any idea why constituencies of black politicians find mustaches more acceptable than constituencies of white politicians?

look at most black men.

we have facial hair, by and large.

Imm0rt4l

^^^I was just gonna post that video, "I don't trust no n**** without no stache"
*looks at jay-z

and yea, blacks wear their facial hair more often than white people, so it's kinda to be expected. I've been shaving my moustache lately, keep the rest of the goatee though.

Top Bottom