• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Yeah I'm gonna need some pics of these goatees.

I just noticed mine isn't on my avatar. lol

Actually, I tend to cut off my goatee more often than not and I keep my stash fairly light. I'd say I'm like 60/40 without/with over the course of a year, but I have plenty of shots with it. lemmie see...

Don't do it! She'll only use them to fulfill her fantasies.
sheeeeeyit.

fulfilling fantasies is part of my lifestyle.

dsc002172m.jpg

just the first recent pic I found. this is about as long as my goatee gets. my facial hair isn't thick enough to get the whole mustache-to-goatee link going on so yea. either the chin is clean or it looks like that.

Haha ok. But seriously nice goatee. I assume that there is quite a bit of ingrown hair tweezing that needs to happen to keep a really clean beard/goatee.

unfortunately yes. I might do the laser hair removal thin on my neck, cheeks and part way under the chin soon. It's never going to be thick enough for a beard and shaving over the years has left it kinda stubbly. My grandfather kept his skin looking good by using that godawful "Magic" powder (melts the hairs, but smells like rotten eggs). I refuse.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Any of you guys wore Iceberg Jean outfits back in the day? Don't know if that was just a southern thing or not.

Iceberg, Fubu, Girbaud, Ak, Southpole....

I just knew I was the cleanest mofo in school with a lacoste shirt, girbaud jeans, red and white Jordan XIIIs, and an edge up. Couldn't tell me shit. Yes I didn't get the laid til college, but thats not the point.

^^^I was just gonna post that video, "I don't trust no n**** without no stache"
*looks at jay-z

and yea, blacks wear their facial hair more often than white people, so it's kinda to be expected. I've been shaving my moustache lately, keep the rest of the goatee though.

yeah, shaving is a pain if you've got curly hair. so why cut that low?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
sheeeeeyit.

fulfilling fantasies is part of my lifestyle.

dsc002172m.jpg

just the first recent pic I found. this is about as long as my goatee gets. my facial hair isn't thick enough to get the whole mustache-to-goatee link going on so yea. either the chin is clean or it looks like that.

What are those glasses? I need them.

One of my pals at school told me it took like a full year to grow his beard out. I never realized facial hair could be so unique to each and every person when it comes to that kind of thing.

What are those glasses? I need them.

They're Burberry's. I looked and looked and couldn't find the exact style but these

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Burberry-tdmdld/lb.html

looks like the same lens, but a slightly different frame.

pretty close, IMO. I assume they change up their styles annually (that pic was from last year), so the exact ones may be impossible to find now. But the ones at the link pretty close. I checked burberry's website, Nordstrom's, eluxury, and a few other sports. Nada on the exact pair.

edit: also similar in style -

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Burberry-tdnara/lb.html

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Burberry-tdnarb/lb.html

same lens shape, different frames.

Dreams-Visions what do you do? Everytime I see you you're looking dapper dapper

these days, I primarily work with cosmetic/plastic surgeons, helping them establish their businesses. I touch on just about every aspect of that industry (training, marketing, networking, equipment procurement, etc.). I also invest quite a bit. A lot of my work is done on the computer and I have a fair amount of downtime waiting to hear back from clients which is why I'm here a lot. But when I'm posting, I'm usually somewhere rather scenic here in South Florida. Hotspot tethering + Mac battery life = great success.

RedSwirl

Wow really. I mostly have trouble keeping my beard and 'stache in check. People tell me to grow it out but it get's really uncomfortable.

I doubt this.
Mac and cheese is totally not a black thing.

Trust me, I'm an expert on black culture.

Mac & cheese isn't in general. But baked macaroni and cheese the way we make definitely is. Had Thanksgiving dinner at my girl's house this year and the macaroni & cheese and sweet potato pie was surely missed.

THANK GOD it wasn't my last stop so I was able to get some real food later lol.

dwLvdl.jpg

Lebron

I plan to purge all you beard capable fools in the coming revolution.

Why? Because I can't grow one. Therefore, yall suckas gotta go.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This girl I know thinks pumpkin pie is better than sweet potato pie. And macaroni and cheese is better not baked. She also doesn't know what collard greens or yams are.

shake-head.gif

I think it has to do with this girl not being black. but I won't pull the race card.

This girl I know thinks pumpkin pie is better than sweet potato pie. And macaroni and cheese is better not baked. She also doesn't know what collard greens or yams are.

shake-head.gif

I think it has to do with this girl not being black. but I won't pull the race card.

Or lack of exposure. What race is she? White people deal with sweet potatoes and yams too. So if she doesn't know, I think she's just an idiot who doesn't pay attention.

DY_nasty

Are our Thanksgivings particularly informal? Every year our family (or one of the three, I kinda rotate between my mom's side, my dad's side, and my stepmom's) does all the pleasant "how r u!? :D" stuff until the majority of the people show up, then we all get together and let whoever say a prayer, then its every man for himself when it comes to getting your own food and seat... Even if there were a table big enough, I don't think we'd all sit at it. We just kinda eat and move.

Is that normal?

Are our Thanksgivings particularly informal? Every year our family (or one of the three, I kinda rotate between my mom's side, my dad's side, and my stepmom's) does all the pleasant "how r u!? :D" stuff until the majority of the people show up, then we all get together and let whoever say a prayer, then its every man for himself when it comes to getting your own food and seat... Even if there were a table big enough, I don't think we'd all sit at it. We just kinda eat and move.

Is that normal?

My thanksgiving is typically just me and my parents. I've never really done the whole extended family thing since my dad's sisters and him aren't all that close and my mom's family was just her parents (whom have been dead for years).

"Normal" just seems to me like whatever is comfortable for you and your family.

DY_nasty

My thanksgiving is typically just me and my parents. I've never really done the whole extended family thing since my dad's sisters and him aren't all that close and my mom's family was just her parents (whom have been dead for years).

My family is so jacked that I don't really know whats normal, whats black, or whats unique to my situation. I have to alternate from the golden boy, the guilt sink, and the preacher's son on the fly. I spend more time playing a part and being Dr. Leroy than anything else.

Top Bottom