• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Bishman

Black people are not meant to shave. Buy some andis t outliner clippers.

315Y9xS6DpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Wyclef Jean squandered Haitian relief funds: report

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Less than a third of the $16 million gathered in 2010 by hip-hop star Wyclef Jean for earthquake relief in Haiti actually made it to emergency efforts in the country, the New York Post reported on Sunday.
According to the exclusive report, Jean's charity, Yele Haiti, doled out millions in questionable contracts -- in fact, $1 million was paid to a Florida firm that doesn't seem to exist.
The Post also reported that a company called P&A Construction -- which is run by Warnel Pierre, Jean's brother-in-law -- received $353,983 from the group.

http://news.yahoo.com/wyclef-jean-squandered-haitian-relief-funds-report-214108289.html

Fucking scumbag

IceCold

So he put that money in his own pockets? If so, fuck him. I can't fathom how someone could do such a thing to a country that just got ravaged by an earthquake and could use that money for good (given to the right people). Plus he's Haitian which makes it even worse.

Thank God he wasn't eligible to become president there...

I'm gonna sound like an asshole, but at some point, someone should have taken personal responsibility. I mean 15 kids at 37 with no means to support them? What the fuck was she thinking?

Yea it's pretty sad really. Can't put all the blame on here, but she definitely should have been smarter about this.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yea it's pretty sad really. Can't put all the blame on here, but she definitely should have been smarter about this.
Oh I know. That's why I said someone. You see someone with that many kids, and you should come to the realization that you need to walk to fuck away. Unless she's a hype...

Bleepey

I have seen the sense of entitlement from some people it's upsetting. Oh and we didn't even have to play the "please don't be" game. Urhhh. What is wrong with these men and women. I try not to be judgmental but i refuse to believe one person can be that unlucky with contraception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRe_Jr5YVg8&feature=g-all

What does Black-Gaf think. I didn't understand why i saw Andre3000 with a confederate flag on his belt in the Ms Jackson video.

Well it's really as issue of understanding. The flag represented matters that certainly weren't beneficial to everyone in the South(see slaves). How's that Southern pride now I don't know given the history. At the same time it could be taken as a history of what made the South what it is today.

Anyway if I saw someone rocking that I'd be like whatever man, I'm not judging but I certainly don't like what it stands/stood for.

I have seen the sense of entitlement from some people it's upsetting. Oh and we didn't even have to play the "please don't be" game. Urhhh. What is wrong with these men and women. I try not to be judgmental but i refuse to believe one person can be that unlucky with contraception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRe_Jr5YVg8&feature=g-all

What does Black-Gaf think. I didn't understand why i saw Andre3000 with a confederate flag on his belt in the Ms Jackson video.

i totally wanna rock some confederate flags after living in GA for a while.

I don't know why but this killed me.

Herman used Pokemon Quote!

The US Government is confused!

The US Government hurt itself in confusion!

The US Government fainted!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454385

Sigh, clearly they are showing the picture of the black kid because they are interviewing him - not because he has essentially been accused of sexual harassment and the public need ot connect that black kid with said crime.

If only GAF wouldn't be so blind to unconscious racism.

I give this one a nine out of ten for either masterfully self aware satire, or the same score for unintentional comedy.

It seems like every other thread is on a topic that will get people banned. Especially religion lately.

The mods here should grant everyone here one day of amnesty; say what you want and you won't get banned. I just wanna hear all the off the wall shit people are gonna say. I mean, you can FEEL some people just holding back in some of these threads.

The mods here should grant everyone here one day of amnesty; say what you want and you won't get banned. I just wanna here all the off the wall shit people are gonna say. I mean, you can FEEL some people just holding back in some of these threads.

Considering Amir0x's cave-man comment in one thread I don't know if I want to hear some of those comments. Of course I could respond just as harshly without being banned.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The mods here should grant everyone here one day of amnesty; say what you want and you won't get banned. I just wanna here all the off the wall shit people are gonna say. I mean, you can FEEL some people just holding back in some of these threads.

They used to have threads like this back in the day -- "Two Minutes Hate". It was a thread to let out pent up frustration: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53604

I agree though, resentment against "certain groups" is starting to build up, and it's only a matter of time (or a inflammatory thread) till someone lets loose.

They used to have threads like this back in the day -- "Two Minutes Hate". It was a thread to let out pent up frustration: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53604

I agree though, resentment against "certain groups" is starting to build up, and it's only a matter of time (or a inflammatory thread) till someone lets loose.

Wow, scrolling down the first page of that thread and all I see is the word "banned" on the left hand side. but yeah, I'd like to see everybody here a chance to vent out their feelings, and hopefully it can inspire some truly open and honest discussion, instead of everyone walking on eggshells when they type.

Here you go.

Yeah, I admit that is a bit uncomfortable to read.

That's the thing though is it really eggshells? We all generally know what to say to get us banned.

I still say we can have discussions going on without blowing up.

I never knew a thread like that ever existed on Gaf. I'd like to see something similar to that quite honestly. A thread where people can admit anything. I'd love to how many people would admit that their racist, homophobic, etc.

Satch

Banned
I never knew a thread like that ever existed on Gaf. I'd like to see something similar to that quite honestly. A thread where people can admit anything. I'd love to how many people would admit that their racist, homophobic, etc.

I doubt that, even if enabled, they would admit it in a thread.

People would remember and it would come back to bite them in the ass later.

Top Bottom