• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

If I can sell my old airsoft rifle I'll be getting a PF9/LCP/something to that effect for my CCW

I'm getting a late start with gun training. I never really had any interest until recently. I figure it's a useful skill to have like starting a campfire or rock climbing.

I'm gonna get some private lessons over the holidays, I figure I'll start with the .22s and work my way up.

I'm getting a late start with gun training. I never really had any interest until recently. I figure it's a useful skill to have like starting a campfire or rock climbing.

I'm gonna get some private lessons over the holidays, I figure I'll start with the .22s and work my way up.
I currently only have a Marlin 795(semi auto .22)
Got a brick of 500 for $16, easy and fun to shoot, and cheap as dirt so you can afford to practice all the time.

I dunno about this guys, so I'll just leave it here

I am not going to bump the old threads or make new one because they are not out yet but
KuGsj.gif

R. KELLY
I've Written 32 NEW Chapters of 'Trapped In the Closet

Is this good news or bad news for us?

DominoKid

Trapped in the closet is such a dirty pleasure

i thought it was the greatest shit ever at first but it fell off a cliff after number 5. i remember it was big big shit when my local radio station would debut a new chapter.

they'd play the previous chapter, then the new one. then talk about it, then play the entire story. but they stopped at like 7 or 8

I dunno about this guys, so I'll just leave it here

I am not going to bump the old threads or make new one because they are not out yet but
KuGsj.gif

R. KELLY
I've Written 32 NEW Chapters of 'Trapped In the Closet

Is this good news or bad news for us?

Hopefully, only like...5 of those chapters are released. 32 is way too many.

Also, what's going on y'all. Been a long time since I've been in this thread!
For you Christmas celebrators in here...what are your plans? I'm hitting up the folks' house for a crazy family visit. I'm looking forward to it - sort of. Way too many people are going to be over there :x

Gumbo is usually what my family haves for Christmas and I'm gonna make it for the first time this year! Just gonna spend time with the family and watch basketball!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hopefully, only like...5 of those chapters are released. 32 is way too many.

Also, what's going on y'all. Been a long time since I've been in this thread!
For you Christmas celebrators in here...what are your plans? I'm hitting up the folks' house for a crazy family visit. I'm looking forward to it - sort of. Way too many people are going to be over there :x

I gotta work xmas - but I got leave for New Years. It'll be my first vacation in a full year and I intend to make soldiers everywhere look bad.

Imm0rt4l

1219-terrance-howard-michelle-ghent-howard-ex-1.jpg

Terrence Howard says his estranged wife HATES black people ... and she would often call him names like, "monkey" and "n**ger" ... this according to new court docs obtained by TMZ.

Howard is in the middle of perhaps the nastiest divorce we've ever seen -- with both sides accusing the other of extreme violence and other hateful conduct.

Now, Howard has filed a new declaration in L.A. County Superior Court -- claiming Michelle inexplicably turned from a "loving, gentle" person ... into a monster ... who once threatened to have him killed by some violent Russians.

In the docs, Howard notes Michelle is NOT black -- and claims that when she would get upset, she would scream things like, " never wanted to marry a n**ger in the first place" and " definitely didn't want to be the step mother of some n**ger kids."

As TMZ first reported, Howard claims Michelle is trying to extort him over private recordings she allegedly stole from his personal computer -- and in the new docs, T.H. alleges his wife threatened to have him "clipped" if he went to police.

Howard says his wife once bragged, "I have a lot of Russian friends who would do it as a favor."

Howard also claims Michelle has jealousy issues -- and TWICE attacked him with a bottle after accusing Howard of talking with other women. Howard claims he never struck back.

Terrence has asked the court to issue a restraining order against Michelle. A hearing is set for January 17.

We reached out to Michelle's lawyer -- so far, no response.

Terrance Howard is bitchmade confirmed?

DominoKid

anybody going to war for them Concord 11s?

i was riding around checkin out them shoe spots but i got too much dignity to camp out all fucking night for some shoes that ERRBODY gonna be wearing for the next month.

zero_suit

anybody going to war for them Concord 11s?

i was riding around checkin out them shoe spots but i got too much dignity to camp out all fucking night for some shoes that ERRBODY gonna be wearing for the next month.

Nope, lol. I think camping out for shoes is much worse than electronics.

DominoKid

So he stayed with her for however long despite her using that language? Well that confirms everything I've thought about Howard

the pussy had to be incredible.

but a chick cant be using slurs on me outside of sex. yeah i'm weird enough to let that slide.
or maybe i'm not. what say you on the issue?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
C'mon son, Warmachine getting punked by the Crimson Dynamo?
Its a shame, but rhodey wouldn't take that shit from some chick. I'm thinking there something there other than what he's saying. But whatever the issue is, howard isn't gonna walk away clean from this(not like he would despite race, but still) I don't deal with russians much on my end, but are we as despised by them as we are by other asian cultures?

Imm0rt4l

but a chick cant be using slurs on me outside of sex. yeah i'm weird enough to let that slide.

Not going to lie, I've wondered what I would do in that situation. A friend said you basically have 3 options.

a.) fuck her harder
b.) get up and leave
c.) pee in her uterus

I lived in a small college town for a bit that was majority white and wondered how often that kinda thing happens.

A....then bounce

DY_nasty

It had to be.

But you're not alone. Nothing made me feel quite as untouchable as laying down some lightly racist white or asian girl who's parents absolutely despised my skin. They can talk all the shit in the world - but I still hit. And that makes you a nigger lover :p

I don't think like that anymore though :3

Kaizer

Banned
Not going to lie, I've wondered what I would do in that situation. A friend said you basically have 3 options.

a.) fuck her harder
b.) get up and leave
c.) pee in her uterus

I lived in a small college town for a bit that was majority white and wondered how often that kinda thing happens.

A....then bounce
A for me as well, then cheeky smiles at the openly racist parents. But seriously, like others have said, pretty much confirms what kind of shit Howard would put up with, its not a good look.

Moving on, I'm chilling with family for Xmas, have some relatives coming over for the weekend. It's the first year where no one is getting any big or significant gifts so the Holiday Cheer has been a little subdued this year.

DominoKid

It had to be.

But you're not alone. Nothing made me feel quite as untouchable as laying down some lightly racist white or asian girl who's parents absolutely despised my skin. They can talk all the shit in the world - but I still hit. And that makes you a nigger lover :p

I don't think like that anymore though :3

IMO its about as close as you can get to feeling invincible.

DominoKid

"They killin niggas for Js. That's death over designer." - J. Cole

Apparently a kid in DC got killed trying to get the Concords.

smh if true. wtf man its just shoes.

DY_nasty

"They killin niggas for Js. That's death over designer." - J. Cole

Apparently a kid in DC got killed trying to get the Concords.

smh if true. wtf man its just shoes.

Its like we live in a time machine. All these girls rocking the natural hair for the first time in decades... shit, we'll see lil wayne in bell-bottom jeans before the next BET Award show

Slayven

Its a shame, but rhodey wouldn't take that shit from some chick. I'm thinking there something there other than what he's saying. But whatever the issue is, howard isn't gonna walk away clean from this(not like he would despite race, but still) I don't deal with russians much on my end, but are we as despised by them as we are by other asian cultures?

I heard Russia is fucked up for racial stuff. Are we despised by Asians? I imagined the older set would be like that, but I would think the younger generations love us.

Lebron

I heard Russia is fucked up for racial stuff. Are we despised by Asians? I imagined the older set would be like that, but I would think the younger generations love us.
Depends on the situation. There's cool ones and there's some straight racist ones who could give a Klan member a run for their money. Basically, just like any other race.

And yeah, a few of my friends are going crazy trying to hunt down the Concords after all the sites got owned last night. I'm out of the Jordan shoe phase, so I'm just like, have fun!

Air

Banned

I my own, anecdotal experience by giving tours, I've never come across as people despising me (obviously it happens). I will say that in my experience, Asians (old and young)were a lot friendlier and easier to talk to than whites.

DY_nasty

I remember this one girl at UNC-Charlotte. Pretty Asian girl, met her at a bar once and we had a great time together. Didn't do anything though, just had a few laughs then left when our respective groups left. Never got her number or anything either.

A few months later, I was acting as our physics tutor on campus because *at the time* I was actually pretty on my shit and it was the one course that kept me active in school. One of my professor's friends asked me to tutor at UNC-C since they were shorthanded at the time and promised me some volunteer hours on top of it. Couldn't say no right? First week it went okay. Second week, the same Asian girl is on my list. I think nothing of it other than the possibility of working with someone I KNOW is going to be cool to see again.

She comes through the library and sees me working with some of the others in her class, sits down away from everyone else. I swing by after a few minutes to ask if she needs help with anything in particular and she gives me the dirtiest look that I've ever got from an asian woman under 40 in my life.

On that day I learned its okay to be black but definitely not okay to be black and smart.

Lebron

Yeah, I work in the chemistry help center here and I always get a couple of those stares every now and then. I like the ones who will refuse to ask me a question(I'm the only black person that works there lol) and will sit and wait for my other coworker(s) to finish to ask them. It's funny when they'll redirect to me again if it's a General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry question(which is the subjects most of the students who come in need help with). The look on their face is always priceless. I can see the internal struggle on rather to walk out or ask this black demon to give me the answer to this question my inferior mind can't comprehend.

Most of the people who come in are cool and really want all the help they can get. It's just those few gems every now and then that make me smile.

DY_nasty

Yeah, I work in the chemistry help center here and I always get a couple of those stares every now and then. I like the ones who will refuse to ask me a question(I'm the only black person that works there lol) and will sit and wait for my other coworker(s) to finish to ask them. It's funny when they'll redirect to me again if it's a General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry question(which is the subjects most of the students who come in need help with). The look on their face is always priceless. I can see the internal struggle on rather to walk out or ask this black demon to give me the answer to this question my inferior mind can't comprehend.

Most of the people who come in are cool and really want all the help they can get. It's just those few gems every now and then that make me smile.
That was pretty much my experience as a whole. Granted, around the holidays and exam time (when a lot more people come in looking for help, some who NEED help) I'd turn into an asshole for people like that. I even went out and got a big red marker just for them. That way they'd know exactly who wrong they were. I'd even mark up their notes and shit so they'd never forget that big black bastard who told them they were wrong.

lol @ Lebron. I lost it at black demon. That's hilarious.

Can you not order Jordans online? Way back in high school I heard about people getting up early for them. I've only had like 5 pair my whole life so I don't know how that works now.

Top Bottom