• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Akainu

Are you talking about the thread in general? Or just the discussion today?
I saw the other topic about the Jordan's and when I noticed this, I knew.

Not much of a shoe person myself. I just buy the blackest shoes I can find cause dirt doesn't show up too much on them. My only other pair are these cool boots I got for Christmas a few years back. Perfect for when I get my motorcycle.

RedSwirl

Yeah, I work in the chemistry help center here and I always get a couple of those stares every now and then. I like the ones who will refuse to ask me a question(I'm the only black person that works there lol) and will sit and wait for my other coworker(s) to finish to ask them. It's funny when they'll redirect to me again if it's a General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry question(which is the subjects most of the students who come in need help with). The look on their face is always priceless. I can see the internal struggle on rather to walk out or ask this black demon to give me the answer to this question my inferior mind can't comprehend.

Most of the people who come in are cool and really want all the help they can get. It's just those few gems every now and then that make me smile.

Shit man, and all I can do around here is complain about the occasional guilt-ridden white person.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I work in the chemistry help center here and I always get a couple of those stares every now and then. I like the ones who will refuse to ask me a question(I'm the only black person that works there lol) and will sit and wait for my other coworker(s) to finish to ask them. It's funny when they'll redirect to me again if it's a General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry question(which is the subjects most of the students who come in need help with). The look on their face is always priceless. I can see the internal struggle on rather to walk out or ask this black demon to give me the answer to this question my inferior mind can't comprehend.

Most of the people who come in are cool and really want all the help they can get. It's just those few gems every now and then that make me smile.

Next halloween you should dress up as a witch doctor and go into work like that.

SoilBreak

Banned
Next halloween you should dress up as a witch doctor and go into work like that.

Maybe something like this lol

oMuIv.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
another old ass photo from the past of "what the fuck was i thinking and why did you let me leave the house?"

PGAA1.jpg

Me on the left.

DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET OWWW

Those 3 were the nicest out of them though, not including Cam'ron though, killa! At least you don't have on a xxxl pink t-shirt on in the picture, take pride in that at least.
Lord know I had one in my closet, I never wore it though, deep down I knew it was stupid, despite it being a trend

This has to be said. More black women need this hairstyle. The strange thing is I feel like whenever you see a black woman in a commercial their hair is like this but I don't think I've ever actually seen one with hair like this. Not quite a fro...the hair is kinda curled. I guess a curly fro? Anyway, the best hairstyle ever

gbjIB.jpg

YIfDv.jpg

Kinda NSFW (just a swimsuit pic)

In fact, they don't even have to be black
B1xki.jpg

G-Fex

This has to be said. More black women need this hairstyle. The strange thing is I feel like whenever you see a black woman in a commercial their hair is like this but I don't think I've ever actually seen one with hair like this. Not quite a fro...the hair is kinda curled. I guess a curly fro? Anyway, the best hairstyle ever

I approve of this

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

im gonna be honest, i dont see much of this style in my neck of the woods, which is a shame because its so damn cute on a girl

-Everybody Hates Chris
-Rugrats
-Proud Family

...off the top of my head.

cant forget futurama. even if it is a joke.

Bleepey

gbjIB.jpg

YIfDv.jpg

In fact, they don't even have to be black
B1xki.jpg

brofist, whenever i see girls with hair like this i lose my shit.

ecurbj

gbjIB.jpg

YIfDv.jpg

Damn those 2 girls are cute. Especially the NSFW one. Jesus Christ!! I lose it when I see girls that look like them.

And that hairstyle is attractive. I want to see more black girls have their hair like this. It's common among biracial (black and white) girls. I've seen that with my own eyes.

IceCold

Just a longer version of "no shirt, no shoes, no service."

I've been to tons of night clubs that will not let you in unless you're dressed to impress. Most did not have signs though, just bouncers that would tell you to get lost.

Clubs want to attract a certain clientele after all. I know many clubs that only allow black, dress shoes.

Also as I a white dude, I love the hair style of the chicks in this page (loose afro). If any girl can pull it off, they should do it, and ditch the weaves.

ja3RQ.jpg

ftw

Just a longer version of "no shirt, no shoes, no service."

I've been to tons of night clubs that will not let you in unless you're dressed to impress. Most did not have signs though, just bouncers that would tell you to get lost.

No colors? So it's normal for bars/clubs to not allow people to wear any colors? Just gotta rock all white huh? lol...

G-Fex

Clubs want to attract a certain clientele after all. I know many clubs that only allow black, dress shoes.

Also as I a white dude, I love the hair style of the chicks in this page (loose afro). If any girl can pull it off, they should do it, and ditch the weaves.

ja3RQ.jpg

ftw

God she's gorgeous.

You know I never got into any particular shoes since I tried to wear skater shoes (i wasn't a skater). Then my black friends at my old job always talked about their nikes or whatever (they had really nice shoes) and suggested me go to the nike store in this sorta far off mall.

i did, cheapest thing I left with was these black nikes, probably not at all any quality they were just kinda plain and I'm sure not a recognizable or "nice".

I figured after that I just didn't care and from then on just bought work boots.

Top Bottom