• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DominoKid

lol @ Lebron. I lost it at black demon. That's hilarious.

Can you not order Jordans online? Way back in high school I heard about people getting up early for them. I've only had like 5 pair my whole life so I don't know how that works now.

the big retail sites can barely withstand the demand on regular releases. i wouldnt even want to see how shitty the sites were last night.

usually i try to cop from one of the early release sites.

DominoKid

i guess some people see the appeal in rocking the same shit everybody else is...
379053_10150622555018082_586158081_11931539_920327023_n.jpg

wonder how many people gonna rock them joints to the club tonight. or to school today.
i'm good on em until the spring. then we'll see what's happening

Slayven

I never understood the appeal of having 3 bill shows. Only reason I wore name brand shows at all in school was I couldn't be the fat black nerd AND wore catheads. Especially since I knew some families were missing a light bill to buy the shows.

DominoKid

I've never owned any expensive shoes like that. I don't understand the craze.

I honestly don't think you can until you get some.

The shit is a sickness and I ain't getting better anytime soon.

I've always had expensive shoes but that's cause my folks used to get em for me for grades, birthdays, big occasions, etc. But I was never into it like that until I started buying them myself.

Space Jams and Cool Greys were better anyway.

In fact, the Cool Grey version of EVERY JORDAN which has one is usually the best.

these are my favorite shoes from this year. bought em for my birthday in May
Air-Jordan-5-Wolf-Grey-7.jpg

fun fact: i've worn them maybe 3 times in 7 months.

Nike is breaking my balls w/ these price increases. I can justify paying 200 for Foamposites cause they're battletanks.

But I'm hesitant to pay $150 for some flimsy ass Jordans. So I've been much more conservative w/ my purchases. Like...there's no way in hell I'm paying $150 for IIIs. It's just not happening.

The shoes ain't even exclusive anymore, everybody wearing them now, so what's the appeal in wearing them? These shoes ain't even that hot really, and you got people lined up out the door for em. People robbing and killing each other for em, all the while Jordan sitting back in his with a Cigar in his mouth laughing at the chaos smh. Michael Jordan is responsible for more black on black crime than Hip Hop and poverty combined.

and cosign that the Cool Greys>>>the Concords.

Michael Jordan is responsible for more black on black crime than Hip Hop and poverty combined.
LOL. up the fuck shut. Not MJ's fault at all. The shit is bigger than him now. Mothafucka ain't picked up a basketball in a decade and his shit is still selling in ways MJ, Kobe, Rose and whoever else has a shoe wishes they could.

I bet 85% of the people buying these shoes today don't even remember seeing MJ play live in a Bulls uni.

DominoKid

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh5Wy2gBfZNUpZ2p1N

I had a pair of those J's back in 96. They were all black and red, IIRC. loved them with my black Bulls jersey with red stripes and matching Jordan hat.

i'm still searching for a pair of those under $250 (my personal limit). had em as a kid and thats one shoe i actually feel like i NEED.

also cant wait for the Obsidian XIIs to retro in summer 2012. Xs are retroing in 2012 too, but IDGAF about those. may get some of the IV retros that are coming out if they get the shape right.

if these ever come back out tho...
air-jordan-v-retro-grape-laney-pack-july-2011-1.jpg

LOL. up the fuck shut. Not MJ's fault at all. The shit is bigger than him now. Mothafucka ain't picked up a basketball in a decade and his shit is still selling in ways MJ, Kobe, Rose and whoever else has a shoe wishes they could.

I bet 85% of the people buying these shoes today don't even remember seeing MJ play live in a Bulls uni.

Ha, just jokes man. You right though, most of the kids probably don't even remember seeing him play. It's weird to think about, makes me feel old actually, and I'm not even that old.

Only shoe I really fantasize about having is the original color Foamposites since I remember Penny wearing those from '97 when I was just 3 years old.

DominoKid

Only shoe I really fantasize about having is the original color Foamposites since I remember Penny wearing those from '97 when I was just 3 years old.

funny those retro'd again in February IIRC. got a pair.

Foam colors are hit and miss and Nike really OD'd on them this year w/ a bunch of fruity ass colors. and from the looks of things they'll be doing the same in 2012.

I just want a pair of Black Foam Ones w/ a clear bottom and blue accents (check, penny logo, etc)
basically a Space Jam Foam One.

funny those retro'd again in February IIRC. got a pair.

Foam colors are hit and miss and Nike really OD'd on them this year w/ a bunch of fruity ass colors. and from the looks of things they'll be doing the same in 2012.

I just want a pair of Black Foam Ones w/ a clear bottom and blue accents (check, penny logo, etc)
basically a Space Jam Foam One.

Yeah they retroed in February but I couldn't get them since I don't have a job and my parents aren't dropping $200 on shoes.

My favorite sneakers of all time

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-2.jpg

More for nostalgia then anything. I remember when my parents bought them for me when I was younger and how happy I was because of it. Felt like I was walking around with a work of art on my feet. But sadly I kinda dogged them :( looking back on it , I appreciate my parents buying the Griffey's for me more than ever, because we really didn't have alot to spare in terms of income when I was younger.

lordmrw

I never understood the appeal of having 3 bill shows. Only reason I wore name brand shows at all in school was I couldn't be the fat black nerd AND wore catheads. Especially since I knew some families were missing a light bill to buy the shows.

Unless they make me walk on water or kick the ass of everyone on the planet I ain't paying $2-300 for a pair of sneakers.

DominoKid

My favorite sneakers of all time

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-2.jpg

More for nostalgia then anything. I remember when my parents bought them for me when I was younger and how happy I was because of it. Felt like I was walking around with a work of art on my feet. But sadly I kinda dogged them :( looking back on it , I appreciate my parents buying the Griffey's for me more than ever, because we really didn't have alot to spare in terms of income when I was younger.

Love the Griffey line

Caught these with the watch to for 100 on Ebay last summer. An absolute steal.
JLydK.jpg

DominoKid

Reeboks are actually coming back pretty nice as a niche brand. They've brought the Pump series back in a big way and they look pretty damn good.

They make some ugly shit for John Wall though. That Zig shit is atrocious.

Can't find the exact model shoe of the ones I sported for years but they looked like this:

7IOG3.jpg

I'd buy men's shoes because the colors and designs were/are so much better.

DominoKid

Super psyched for the Deion & Dan Marino retros next year
DiamondTurf2.jpg

tumblr_lpmgbtevsb1qlbkes.gif

and

nike-air-speed-turf-max-2012-miami.jpg

Pillars are coming back too, which I NEVER thought would happen. I don't give a fuck how much they cost. I jumped for joy when they were announced.
6fWZt.jpg

nike-total-air-pillar-retro-01.jpg
nike-total-air-pillar-retro-03.jpg

Top Bottom