• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

I miss her so much.

aaliyah.jpg

12.jpg
It's her eyes that always get to me. They were so beautiful...

Bleepey

That's an interesting theory. I'm not sure I agree that it's being done specifically to exclude black people as a lot of older British people probably hark back to 'the good old days' for economic or ego reasons, but that said, it's a pretty plausible theory.

I can't link an article at the moment but there was a furore over The Midsomer Murders producer or director stressing the need for an all-white cast in his period show and how that was what the audience wanted. He was sacked and I don't think they ever found out if he was telling the truth or projecting his own desires.

Personally, I hope it's not the case. I like it when non-Brits watch our TV and inevitably comment on how 'integrated' everyone is and how we don't really have racial taboos in casting. It would be a crying shame to see that change.

Wasn't it more to do with the fact he said that the shows were very british and thus should not have minorities?

In March 2011, producer Brian True-May was suspended by All3Media after having told the TV listings magazine Radio Times that racial diversity in the programme was non-existent because the series was a "bastion of Englishness". When challenged on the term Englishness and whether that should exclude different ethnic minorities, True-May said "Well, it should do, and maybe I'm not politically correct". He later went on to say that he wanted to make a programme "that appeals to a certain audience, which seems to succeed". True-May's comments are now being investigated by the production company[10] Mr. True-May has now been reinstated but will step down as producer after the filming of the remainder of the current series has been completed.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsomer_Murders#Controversy

ecurbj

Which album of Aaliyah's was the best? I know all three were good. I do know R. Kelly was a producer on her first album and then Timbaland was producer for her other two.

ecurbj

Thanks guys. I just wanted to hear some views on what which album was the best. I decided to download her latest album off iTunes, true self titled album "Aaliyah". They have her first one too but not the 'One in a Million' album.

I miss her so much.

aaliyah.jpg

12.jpg

She had such a sweet voice, and I really thought she was maturing a great deal as a musician before she passed. Her last CD had some of her best music to date on it imo(Rock the Boat being my favorite). I remember seeing her last appearance on 106 and Park and thinking about how beautiful she was, and not even a month after that she passed away :(

Her video's also featured some pretty good choreography in them too; I remember when the video to "Are you that Somebody?" dropped and how every girl I knew tried their hardest to copy the dance routine from that video, my sisters included. Great memories.....

i agree with you, i hope she has good hair and can pass for white. she can avoid so many problems in life.

Oh snap........

IN OTHER NEWS!

Riri and Smack-em-up Chris might be rekindling the flame!

Rihanna and Chris Brown might be headed for a reunion, at least that's what it seems like on Twitter. The two exchanged some interesting, and mysteriously coincidental tweets on Dec. 29.

After their very public and violent break-up, the ex-lovers caused a media stir when they started following each other on Twitter back in May 2011. But although some fans were disturbed by that decision, Ri Ri defended her choice to follow Breezy.

Now the two have gone one step further by potentially sending coded messages to each other.

((Note: click on the link))

But the Twitter love affair started way before these two tweets. Even Breezy's mother, Joyce Hawkins, reportedly wants the two to rekindle the flame. Earlier this month, she tweeted a message to a mysterious woman, saying "HELLO LADY I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!" Shortly afterward, Rihanna tweeted "Miss+Love u 2."

The good girl gone bad has admitted that she still supports her ex and has moved passed the 2009 assault that nearly rocked the entertainment world. But will the two actually get back into a romantic relationship?

:

Link

Oh joyous day!

If she was coming at him with a knife or a gun, and kept doing so until he knocked her out cold, THEN I could see some sort of "hand" in that beatdown.

You're crazy.
No ones knows what happened in the car between those two. She could have done anything to set him off thats all im saying, Im not defending him or saying what he did was right. But at the end of the day this is my opinion and both rihanna and chris brown going to live there lives as they want.

How so? Rihanna did something to set him off. He beat her like she was somrone in the streets. Im not defending chris because what he did was wrong but to sit here and think rihanna didnt have a hand in that beatdown is crazy.
That's quite the can of worms you're opening up on this thread...

I'm crossing my fingers... I don't want my daughter dealing with "black women problems".
I wish there really was a Racial Draft so we could trade fools like you.

No ones knows what happened in the car between those two. She could have done anything to set him off thats all im saying, Im not defending him or saying what he did was right. But at the end of the day this is my opinion and both rihanna and chris brown going to live there lives as they want.
I'm far from a white knight but it doesn't matter what she said or did. NO WOMAN desires to get her face beat in like Rihanna did.

Top Bottom