• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

white features w/o white skin. smaller nose/lips, good hair, etc.

i think that's possible.

it's not really that uncommon a desire among black people really. its just something that isnt spoken.

Not that simple for Measley and besides, he doesn't identify as Black, he identifies as biracial. The way he posts here, his Black ancestry is a burden rather than something he is proud of.

<cue the obligatory response from him, regarding a Black grandmother or aunt or something that he loved dearly growing up>

Read my above response to that notion as it relates to his position on things.

DominoKid

Not that simple for Measley and besides, he doesn't identify as Black, he identifies as biracial. The way he posts here, his Black ancestry is a burden rather than something he is proud of.

<cue the obligatory response from him, regarding a Black grandmother or aunt or something that he loved dearly growing up>

Read my above response to that notion as it relates to his position on things.

but if he "looks" black (idk what he looks like), it doesnt matter what he identifies as. at first glance people are going to think he's black.

but if he "looks" black (idk what he looks like), it doesnt matter what he identifies as. at first glance people are going to think he's black.

Bingo.

He grudgingly identifies as biracial because he has no choice (society prolly doesn't see him as White; he can't "pass") but I doubt he would ever say he's Black.

And I'm not making assumptions--his posts here and in other threads show that he is annoyed by his Blackness.

I'm not even trying to ridicule him--it's just the sad truth.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
How so? Rihanna did something to set him off. He beat her like she was somrone in the streets. Im not defending chris because what he did was wrong but to sit here and think rihanna didnt have a hand in that beatdown is crazy.
You are aptly named. Ignorant as the day is long.

I'm crossing my fingers... I don't want my daughter dealing with "black women problems".
If I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you aren't trolling, you would still require a timeout to get a checkup from the neck up. My condolences in advance to your little girl, in that case. Of course, I think you're just trolling.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you aren't trolling, you would still require a timeout to get a checkup from the neck up. My condolences in advance to your little girl, in that case. Of course, I think you're just trolling.

damn, how long is he out for?

Another thing about the black women with the perms and the weaves is a lil bit of self hatrid. How many brothas here have heard black women talking about a mixed baby having good hair or wanting to have a baby with an Indian or Hispanic so their baby can have "good hair".

I've talked to one chick and she said that it's fact that black people have bad hair. I loathe that opinion.

Another thing about the black women with the perms and the weaves is a lil bit of self hatrid. How many brothas here have heard black women talking about a mixed baby having good hair or wanting to have a baby with an Indian or Hispanic so their baby can have "good hair".

I've talked to one chick and she said that it's fact that black people have bad hair. I loathe that opinion.

yeah, they all say it, but would most of them ever date someone who isn't black or *maybe* a hispanic dude?

nope.

....so,guys :/

I got this new Kangol hat for christmas:

jbiyKp6P9muTrD.jpg

Just thought we ought to change the subject. :/

It's sad, but it's something I hear too often. Side effect of being subjected to the European standard of beauty I suppose. It's sad to see people like Measley and their self-loathing ways, I can empathize, but it's still sad. Reminds me of a picture I saw of Amerie the other day:

amerie.jpg

Look at this shit. Amerie used to be so beautiful when she first came out. Then after awhile she got surgery done on her nose, then I started noticing her skin getting lighter and lighter. I figured she was bleaching years ago, but I never thought she would take it this far.

Those Amerie pics...why...I remember when Beyonce started doing this too. I dunno if she was actually bleaching her skin but she was being lightened in every picture she was in

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's sad, but it's something I hear too often. Side effect of being subjected to the European standard of beauty I suppose. It's sad to see people like Measley and their self-loathing ways, I can empathize, but it's still sad. Reminds me of a picture I saw of Amerie the other day:

Look at this shit. Amerie used to be so beautiful when she first came out. Then after awhile she got surgery done on her nose, then I started noticing her skin getting lighter and lighter. I figured she was bleaching years ago, but I never thought she would take it this far.
NO NO NO NO NO!

WHAT DID MY BABY DO TO HERSELF!?

THIS IS JUST LENSFLARE, RIGHT!

Slayven

amerie.jpg

Did she go into Witness Protection?

Amerie probably had people telling her how gorgeous she was for years, which is why I can't even fathom how insecure she would have to be to drastically change her appearance like this. I know other people's opinions have little impact on how someone feels about themselves, but still.....
I knew it would be a weird day when I found out Mo'nique throws down 22k a month in rent.
Renting? I would figure she'd be owning her shit by now, I mean she's had a pretty successful career so far........ right?

neptunes

If she ever changed her the formation and size of her lips I would have thought she was fully Korean.

Granted her mother is Korean, but she was prettier back then

Air

Banned
I think everyone should work retail or customer service for one year.

That's one way to enforce a sense of empathy lol. Every time I think of retail, I feel like only hardened criminals who desperately need to be rehabilitated should work in that field.

The hyperbole is warranted.

Top Bottom