• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Rihanna probably did do something to set Chris off, she seem like the type of girl who equates confrontation with passion, doesn't mean the force he used was warranted. Fucked up situation, but Rihanna isn't the only idiot to go running back to the man that beat her. Don't understand it, and it won't be the only time; Chris really seems "off" after the whole incident.

People say it all the time.

They just use code words.

LoL! That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with. There's nothing wrong with wanting your daughter to get the more "attractive" features of her mother.

The features are more "attractive" because they are white features?? SMH the self hate is so strong within this one. I don't even know how you look in the mirror each day.

Haiti-GAF:

joumou01.jpg

Prepare your bodies.

HELL FUCKING YES.

Gonna do little eating on NYE so I can punish a bowl or two on New Year's Day w/my fam.

Also, such self-hate is almost too powerful to be real...it's like a parody or troll or something.

Measley

The features are more "attractive" because they are white features?? SMH the self hate is so strong within this one. I don't even know how you look in the mirror each day.

Well since I'm biracial, I block out half the mirror so that only the right side looks back at me. ;-)

Again, if I were boasting about the Afro-centric features of a black woman, I don't think there would be a problem here.

SO!

I'd like to share I had one of those moments! As you guys may or may not be aware I work at a videogame store.

It was 12/26 aka the busiest day of retail as it's return day! & unfortunately my birthday as well. side note: turned 26, got Rayman Origins (this game is quite ballin'), & went drinking at Ale House the night following. : )

Haitian lady I'm familiar with as she sometimes shops there is trying to return an opened PS3. Claiming she wants her money back. No. Can't return new stuff opened blah blah, if it was too expensive why did you buy it I ask myself. I see the guy I'm working trying to return it. As his supervisor, I tell me no you can't. Then she proceeds to flip out at me & say I lied at store policy.

Mind you it's posted in front of all registers and printed behind all receipts in plain English. Oh you didn't tell me. Folks I do, always at my job; in English, Creole, & what little Spanish I know. So she's making a scene in front of the store. I'm calmly letting her know that she's not getting her way. She's then using choice words with me in Creole(see swearing) As she storms off she makes a derogatory homosexual comment aimed at me. No one understood her craziness aside from myself and a few other Haitian shoppers. Classy!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well since I'm biracial, I block out half the mirror so that only the right side looks back at me. ;-)

Again, if I were boasting about the Afro-centric features of a black woman, I don't think there would be a problem here.
Because you are completely denying a part of yourself. You don't see that as negative? And so they won't have black girl problems? Jesus man. If a white dude was saying the same thing, I would have a problem with it.

Outside of talking about hairstyles what afro-centric features were people "boasting" about??

It sucks you hate half of you so much, I'm sure you wish could pass. I hope your daughter comes out looking blacker than Flava Flav! LOL You never know how those genes will play out!

Air

Banned
SO!

I'd like to share I had one of those moments! As you guys may or may not be aware I work at a videogame store.

It was 12/26 aka the busiest day of retail as it's return day! & unfortunately my birthday as well. side note: turned 26, got Rayman Origins (this game is quite ballin'), & went drinking at Ale House the night following. : )

Haitian lady I'm familiar with as she sometimes shops there is trying to return an opened PS3. Claiming she wants her money back. No. Can't return new stuff opened blah blah, if it was too expensive why did you buy it I ask myself. I see the guy I'm working trying to return it. As his supervisor, I tell me no you can't. Then she proceeds to flip out at me & say I lied at store policy.

Mind you it's posted in front of all registers and printed behind all receipts in plain English. Oh you didn't tell me. Folks I do, always at my job; in English, Creole, & what little Spanish I know. So she's making a scene in front of the store. I'm calmly letting her know that she's not getting her way. She's then using choice words with me in Creole(see swearing) As she storms off she makes a derogatory homosexual comment aimed at me. No one understood her craziness aside from myself and a few other Haitian shoppers. Classy!

Never work in retail. I had plenty of stories from working in century 21 in nyc. I can't do that ever again.

Measley

Because you are completely denying a part of yourself. You don't see that as negative? And so they won't have black girl problems? Jesus man. If a white dude was saying the same thing, I would have a problem with it.

Where am I denying part of myself? I never said I wasn't black, or of black ancestry. I'm just saying that I'd prefer that my daughter look more European than African, for her own good.

I hope your daughter comes out looking blacker than Flava Flav! LOL You never know how those genes will play out!

Of course you do. "Misery" loves company right?

I wish there really was a Racial Draft so we could trade fools like you.

I'm far from a white knight but it doesn't matter what she said or did. NO WOMAN desires to get her face beat in like Rihanna did.
no man or child either.

short of defending against multiple oncoming physical attacks, how could that result be justified?

LoL! That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with. There's nothing wrong with wanting your daughter to get the more "attractive" features of her mother.
as long as she ain't ugly on the inside like you, i'm all for it.

SO!

You gotta love angry Haitian women, that's all I can say. :lol

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Where am I denying part of myself? I never said I wasn't black, or of black ancestry. I'm just saying that I'd prefer that my daughter look more European than African, for her own good.

My issue with your kind of thinking is that if your kids inherit some of your black features and look more like you than their mom, you might covertly despite them which will negatively affect their lives.

Lebron

Then why not be like MJ and pay for some white sperm so she could be pure blood? I don't think you really thought all of this through.

Never work in retail. I had plenty of stories from working in century 21 in nyc. I can't do that ever again.

My friend works at GameStop and that is all the convincing I need to stay far the hell away from retail.

Also, I came across this in a random search. I don't even know what to say lol

lM0MP.jpg

LOL, that is creative to be sure. But if my kid came home with that in his head I'd smack him so hard he'd look like Measley.

I realize that doesn't make a lick of sense, but it sounds funny to a drunk mind

Air

Banned
He gets ridiculed so much because he's always trolling.

Than I think its the equivalent of "don't feed the troll". If he's doing this all the time, don't address him. If he actually means what he says, than its sad and should be addressed without ridicule, but in any case we shouldn't let that muck up what's generally a lively topic.

My friend works at GameStop and that is all the convincing I need to stay far the hell away from retail.

I would imagine gamestop is worse than working at a clothing store because of all the kids. I don't know how people do it.

Being that you would be the only one "miserable" at this I guess you are right!

Than I think its the equivalent of "don't feed the troll". If he's doing this all the time, don't address him. If he actually means what he says, than its sad and should be addressed without ridicule, but in any case we shouldn't let that muck up what's generally a lively topic.
I'll just PM a mod, no reason for him to be posting in the Black Culture thread if his only focus is on how white he or his off spring can be. He's adding nothing to discussion but trolling and shitting up the thread with his self-hate. It's more sad than anything.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

for her own good? being black bothers you that much, huh?

Measley

My issue with your kind of thinking is that if your kids inherit some of your black features and look more like you than their mom, you might covertly despite them which will negatively affect their lives.

I have no issue with how I look or my appearance. I rather enjoy being biracial and I would have little problem if my daughter or son looked as mixed as I do.

Slayven

World would be a better place with much less jerks in it.

Hell yeah, would make people realize how much of an ass they can be.

I know we have a lot of Island members, so I got to ask. How is conch? I am not a seafood person, but I am entranced with this animal. The fried versions look hella good.

I have no issue with how I look or my appearance. I rather enjoy being biracial and I would have little problem if my daughter or son looked as mixed as I do.

Folks, he'd have "little problem", not "no problem".

He wants his kid to look White for "her own good" though if it were up to him.

It really is sad that he feels this way and teaches Black kids as a profession.

Measley

Then why not be like MJ and pay for some white sperm so she could be pure blood? I don't think you really thought all of this through.

I have no desire for my children to be white. I'd simply prefer them to favor a european phenotype over an african one.

Top Bottom