• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DominoKid

Tell me about it. People down here dress so badly.

man do you realize how much it blew my mind when i realized jorts are NOT the business? they love em here though.

i thank god for the internet giving me a broader perspective cause NC trends will have you lookin fucked up.

Slayven

My sister has me hooked on "Love and Hiphop", I don't even know who these people are. But this one girl keeps getting her ass whooped.

Tell me about it. How the fuck do you even find huge ass cargo khakis like this!?

9t43j.jpg

They wouldn't even let him on the golf courses down here dressed like that.

i cannot @ that last pic with those boots

no sir

something about the way you put that tickled me to tears.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
man do you realize how much it blew my mind when i realized jorts are NOT the business? they love em here though.

i thank god for the internet giving me a broader perspective cause NC trends will have you lookin fucked up.
So true... NC cannot fucking dress.

lol this reminds me of the Chameleonaire and Michael Jordan story.

oh shit. lol.

But real talk, I've met him on the golf course a few times (he and my father and Lawrence Taylor play infrequently, I just kinda tagged along) and none of them seemed like douchebags. They were extremely competitive and talked much shit to each other, but it was never anything but friendly banter amongst old fogies.

Pops did take his money, though. MJ invited him to fly on his private jet to meet him on any course anywhere double or nothing. I don't know if he ever took him up on that particular offer...but yea, MJ is competitive as hell. and LT is just a golf hustler It's damn near how he sustains himself.

Onemic

oh shit. lol.

But real talk, I've met him on the golf course a few times (he and my father and Lawrence Taylor play infrequently, I just kinda tagged along) and none of them seemed like douchebags. They were extremely competitive and talked much shit to each other, but it was never anything but friendly banter amongst old fogies.

Pops did take his money, though. MJ invited him to fly on his private jet to meet him on any course anywhere double or nothing. I don't know if he ever took him up on that particular offer...but yea, MJ is competitive as hell. and LT is just a golf hustler It's damn near how he sustains himself.

LIES, you've met MJ you fucker?!?!

IceCold

I think MJ is trolling everybody with his clothing. He's trying to see how far he can go without having people telling him he dresses like crap. I bet when MJ asks his entourage if he looks good with this type of clothes on, they all say yes since he's the boss and they don't want to piss him off.

LIES, you've met MJ you fucker?!?!

yea, a few times. lol.

him, Scottie, Chris Childs on the golf course. unceasing comedy and shit-talk.

I think MJ is trolling everybody with his clothing. He's trying to see how far he can go without having people telling him he dresses like crap. I bet when MJ asks his entourage if he looks good with this type of clothes on, they all say yes since he's the boss and they don't want to piss him off.
from my experience, he just thinks he's stylish/ahead of the curve.

Ive been lurking black-gaf for a while haven't really posted before
- Where you're from Florida
- Where you live Florida
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Not sure
- Your Age -24
- Favorite musical genre- Jazz Dance Hip Hop
- Your profession/major/career interest - BS in Mass Media
- Your religious affiliation - Baptist
- Hobbies-Gaming, Watching movies, GAF

Florida Black GAF Representing!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wait, so im gone for a few days and shan goes and gets banned over some self imposed drama? i wish i was here to see the crack. what brought it on?

wait, so im gone for a few days and shan goes and gets banned over some self imposed drama? i wish i was here to see the crack. what brought it on?

Just wanted attention. Going around apologizing. Said he was going to get himself permabanned so bish just banned him.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Then we should pitch a show where TokuGaf goes to Japan.

Haha I can see it now segments where some of us go to town in hobby shops getting henshin belts .

We would have to go on a wacky Japanese gameshow to get money, after someone wastes all our cash on figuarts.

heh heh heh. that would be hilarious. my reaction to getting a SIC black kabuto would be the shining moment of disgrace for the whole show.

Just wanted attention. Going around apologizing. Said he was going to get himself permabanned so bish just banned him.

so sad. i wish i could have contributed.

DY_nasty

If NC "can't dress," what areas can?

And ya'll know that NOBODY is dressing like Jordan, he has his own "style!"

NC is 5 years behind, and confused on top of that. Its like some bad mashup of Philly, DC, and Atlanta.

The saddest part is when they tried to start opening up some skate shop type things out here to push that style when no one can fucking skate. So you go tight ass jeans with ugly ass shoes with no direction to go with a bright shirt that makes no sense that will match that single highlight in your hair - and you're a man.

Then you got guys rocking the old Beans/Freeway attire. 4X everything with fitted and retarded racing jacket featuring something like Oreos or skittles or whatever.

Then you go the polo-philes. And they just can't pull it off for the simple fact that they try to hard.

DominoKid

NC is 5 years behind, and confused on top of that. Its like some bad mashup of Philly, DC, and Atlanta.

The saddest part is when they tried to start opening up some skate shop type things out here to push that style when no one can fucking skate. So you go tight ass jeans with ugly ass shoes with no direction to go with a bright shirt that makes no sense that will match that single highlight in your hair - and you're a man.

Then you got guys rocking the old Beans/Freeway attire. 4X everything with fitted and retarded racing jacket featuring something like Oreos or skittles or whatever.

Then you go the polo-philes. And they just can't pull it off for the simple fact that they try to hard.

nail on the fucking head.

it blew my mind that Foams JUST blew up here in 2011. I didn't see anybody rocking Foams here before 2011 and now more people rock em than Jordans.

Although I blame the Hanes Mall HOH for that.

I saw somebody in one of those racing jackets with Crown Royal on it.

DY_nasty

nail on the fucking head.

it blew my mind that Foams JUST blew up here in 2011. I didn't see anybody rocking Foams here before 2011 and now more people rock em than Jordans.

Although I blame the Hanes Mall HOH for that.

I was back home for a couple of days and just cruised through Northgate Mall for the first time in a solid year. I knew it was bad before, but I didn't know how bad. Shit just put a bad taste in my mouth. From the DTLR, LIMS, Fashion Ave spots to the high school kids trying their hardest to be what they see on BET.

Top Bottom