• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

I literally have to use a beard trimmer with no guard. Yeah you'll have to wait for the hair to grow or it won't be able to cut it well but it basically cuts it to a little lower than a 5 o'clock shadow, but not as low as clean shaven. It works for me

Imm0rt4l

I use a razor to shave my upperlip, but I use a trimmer for everything else. Occasional I use magic.

31qYzyAUxKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Menace is more raw, not nearly as polished a film as Boyz n' da Hood, but I think that's a big part of its charm.

What I learned from both films is to NEVER eat burgers at 2 o' clock in the morning. Dudes will come up and smoke your ass for something you forgot you did.

double burger with cheese

Measley

While on the subject anyone watching Red Tails when it gets released? I feel almost compelled to watch it as an aviation buff, and I have a great respect for the Tuskegee airmen, but that movie is seriously probably going to suck all kinds of ass.....so I'll probably just rent it when it hits dvd.

Its too bad, because that film's collapse at the box office is going to give Hollywood an excuse make less historic movies with a minority cast.

Like the story of Toussaint L'Ouverture that supposedly has been in the works for years.

Lebron

While on the subject anyone watching Red Tails when it gets released? I feel almost compelled to watch it as an aviation buff, and I have a great respect for the Tuskegee airmen, but that movie is seriously probably going to suck all kinds of ass.....so I'll probably just rent it when it hits dvd.
The older one was good enough, don't really see the point in watching this one. I'll check it on HBO or Netflix Instant.

DominoKid

Aaron McGruder wrote it so it's probably at least decent...

I don't think Lucas could fuck it up that much.

Gattsu25

Banned
Pissing in the shower is far more satisfying than watching pretty much any recent Martin Lawrence movie.
Outside of Black Knight and Bad Boys 2 I don't remember any other recent movies he's been in. I'll take your word for it.

edit: Just checked his imdb page and yeah.. I guess I had managed to successfully block out all memory of the Big Momma movies :\ Thanks

Imm0rt4l

Its too bad, because that film's collapse at the box office is going to give Hollywood an excuse make less historic movies with a minority cast.

Like the story of Toussaint L'Ouverture that supposedly has been in the works for years.

Yea, this is one of the problems I have with this film failing.

Aaron McGruder wrote it so it's probably at least decent...

I don't think Lucas could fuck it up that much.

This is news to me, I haven't heard anything good from the screenings though.

Bleepey

Am i the only person who finds a lot of Rap and RnB unlistenable because it seems that they all seem to be going out of their way to remind me how much richer they are than me? I mean this shit has been going on since rapper's delight but i swear, i remember songs as a kid like I wish, Gangsta's paradise, c u when you get there, fantastic voyage, Fugees, Eminem and other stuff i listened to as a kid not going out of their way to remind me how much money they make. Shit is beyond annoying now. The only popular rappers i can think of that don't make it a point of duty to remind me how much money they make are LMFAO. Urhhh.

Am i the only person who finds a lot of Rap and RnB unlistenable because it seems that they all seem to be going out of their way to remind me how much richer they are than me? I mean this shit has been going on since rapper's delight but i swear, i remember songs as a kid like I wish, Gangsta's paradise, c u when you get there, fantastic voyage, Fugees, Eminem and other stuff i listened to as a kid not going out of their way to remind me how much money they make. Shit is beyond annoying now. The only popular rappers i can think of that don't make it a point of duty to remind me how much money they make are LMFAO. Urhhh.

I think the bigger problem is that you listen to LMFAO...but there are tons of rappers who rap about other stuff. Even mainstream rappers

Air

Banned
Also I've been listening to fairly recent music (I tend to stay out of the loop), and heard big sean's "A$$" song, or whatever its called.

"I've got that mad dick" will forever be my introduction line.

Bleepey

I think the bigger problem is that you listen to LMFAO...but there are tons of rappers who rap about other stuff. Even mainstream rappers

Oh please tell me some mainstream rappers that talk about shit other than how much money have. Women does not count. Flo Rida occasionally talks just about partying. Off the top of my head i can only think of Outkast.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Also I've been listening to fairly recent music (I tend to stay out of the loop), and heard big sean's "A$$" song, or whatever its called.

"I've got that mad dick" will forever be my introduction line.

That song gets annoying as fuck after listening to it for a while. Perfect radio/club single

I like the rags to riches story some rappers tell. Although I'm not a millionaire (and likely will never be one), I'm proud of the small slice of American pie I've cut out for myself. So I can relate in my own tiny glass of bubbly way.

That $200 bottle of cognac behind the glass case at the liquor store...I got my eye on you. Maybe this year.

Sounds like you need to turn off the radio and expand your horizons.
But no, I'm not tired of it, because I never take the lyrics are referring to me or anyone in particular really. Rap has always been about bragging in one way or another.

Imm0rt4l

common took this boys lunch money

http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/5-hardest-lines-commons-drake-diss-1684999/
[article] The 5 Hardest Lines From Common's Drake Diss

uifdw7sz1btj_t.jpg

Quote:
Ring the bell. The rap battle between Drake and Common has officially begun. Comm's scathing diss track where he name checks Drake is already all over the blogosphere. However, the biggest question is if Drizzy will ever answer. His verse on Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin’” had plenty of subliminal jabs with a few stingers, such as this one that might actually hurt Comm's ego. “Its feeling like rap change, there was a time it was rugged. Back when if a n*gga reached it was for the weapon, nowadays n*ggas reach just to sell they record.”

Of course, the seasoned Chicago MC is never one to back down from ethering his opponent. (See Common’s Ice Cube diss.) Com’s verse on his reply has really heated up this beef. There are plenty of lines that must have made Drake pace back and forth in the booth with his fists clenched. If he sticks to his word and doesn’t reply, at least we have Com’s lyrical one-two’s to judge for a winner. Here are five lines from Common’s takeover that’ll leave you saying, “Oh!!”
1. Line: "My motto is: Chicago, bi*ch." From the get-go, Common hits Drake by knocking on his Bay Area tribute “The Motto.”

Why It Hurts: Already a shot at Y.O.L.O, Com isn’t here to mess around.

2. Line: “Acting all hard when he hardly like that, you gon’ mess around and make me catch a body like that.”

Why It Hurts: Drake's mean mugging in the video didn’t scare Com, and he certainly makes sure to address it here. The Chi-town legend continues with his best Drake impersonation of his line off “Headlines.” Delivering it in a halfhearted singing voice, this time intimation is the best form of humiliation.

3. Line: “I heard you said you wasn’t a bi*ch because you sing. You a bi*ch because you cling like a bi*ch that’s eighteen.”

Why It Hurts: Com listens. Drake addressed him at one of his shows by saying he isn'tt ashamed of being a rapper-singer who expresses emotions. But Com made another swipe. He took it one step further by comparing Drake to a love-crazed 18-year-old. Too much? Com doesn’t think so.

4. Line: "I’m taking too long with this amateur guy; you ain’t wet nobody, nigga, you Canada dry.”

Why It Hurts: This is not only the second diss track aimed at Drake, but Com goes on to say he’s spending too much time/rhymes on a “mediocre” MC. The knockout punchline is two-fold, calling Drake’s music pop while acknowledging he’ll never hurt anybody.

5. Line: "Soft nigga. Make no mistake, I’m talking to Drake. It’s the remix. Rick Ross, Common, and that ho-ass nigga."

Why It Hurts: Com speaking at the end sets the record straight. No subliminal lyrics, just straight to the point of addressing Drake, and even saying his name. To pour salt on the wounds, the sample of Destiny’s Child’s “Say My Name” is the icing on the cake.

Killa Season is an incredible mess of a movie. it's absurd how bad the movie was, it was almost like they tried to make the movie terrible on purpose....... and that's exactly what made it so hilariously entertaining.

abuC

Killa Season is an incredible mess of a movie. it's absurd how bad the movie was, it was almost like they tried to make the movie terrible on purpose....... and that's exactly what made it so hilariously entertaining.

I haven't watched it in years, but I'll give it another view when I have time, like you said it's so bad it's hilarious.

Camron+computers+putin.gif

Top Bottom