• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Gattsu25

Banned
The guy is a moron but I find the crowd even worse.

Also, his entire point about the lack of uprisings on the boats is based on pure ignorance.

The guy is a moron but I find the crowd even worse.

Also, his entire point about the lack of uprisings on the boats is based on pure ignorance.

I truly think this guy is doing this in an attempt to be funny. He isn't but the voice along with what he is actually saying seems so extreme I can't think he was being serious.

Lebron

He literally quoted Chris Rock word for word in the beginning, then he just went off on his own adventure after that. I'm assuming he was just joking.

FreeMufasa

He literally quoted Chris Rock word for word in the beginning, then he just went off on his own adventure after that. I'm assuming he was just joking.

Yeah, that's probably it.

Still, he thought he was making a joke and ended up being called a Nigger by his friends. That must have hurt. Silly boy.

Idiot kid just ruined my awesome Jigga Moment. Anyways, it seems like it can be tough being really light (confusion) or really dark in America.

Brownskin GAF ftw =P

Slayven

Listening to a radio show and a dude says he can't get behind current Drake because all he can see him as is the dude in the wheel chair on Degrassi.

I Had a Jigga Moment

Growing up my dad used to tell me about a study scientists did with rats where they had a few rats living around each other and they were peaceful and had a community etc but once they packed large numbers of them all in the same place there would be fighting and killing amongst themselves. Really made me think about it while watching this. The Projects aren't a place where ANYONE should live.

Not ideal, but I'm doing fine. Get my education together and I'm out.

Cheaper housing. Is what it is.

But obviously, around the country it isnt as nice where Im from.

If a fashion writer for French Elle is to be believed—and she is not—African-Americans weren't stylish until the Obama family came into office.

"For the first time, the chic has become a plausible option for a community so far pegged [only] to its street wear codes," writes Nathalie Dolivo in a post translated from the magazine's website titled 'Black Fashion Power.'

And if this sweeping stereotyping and flat-out ignorance weren't already off base, Dolivo goes on to explain why the so-called Obama renaissance of style is so "chic." According to her assessment, it embraces "white codes" while still making what she calls "a bourgeois ethnic reference (a batik-printed turban/robe, a shell necklace, a 'créole de rappeur') reminiscent [of] the roots."

AC6

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I...so let me get this straight...black culture has been absorbed by every modern culture in the world for the past 60 years, but its only due to the obama administration that its become fashionable? What the fuck? I'm clearly not drunk enough to get the joke.

RedSwirl

If he's re-elected...he needs to channel his inner angry-blackman. Every time I see this image, I can feel his desire to mush her face. LOL

My parents think this is a conspiracy to get Obama to do just that during his first term. According to them they almost got a reaction out of him when that one guy called him a liar during his speech.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
My parents think this is a conspiracy to get Obama to do just that during his first term. According to them they almost got a reaction out of him when that one guy called him a liar during his speech.
It wouldn't shock me in the slightest, but it wouldn't be a smart move to make...

Man, Obama handled that liar thing like a champ. Him and Michelle are so graceful about all this bullshit.

Henny got me a little emotional tonight.

Slayven

The awful British rap battle got me thinking. Imagine if the people around the world had to pay a licensing fee for copying black culture?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I always thought that those were from skits like SNL or Chappelle. People actually get butt implants??? Why would you do that?

OMG...

IceCold

Was just told of the name "La-a".

Pronounced ladasha.

Damn.

Don't forget La$a.

Pronounced lacasha.

I always thought that those were from skits like SNL or Chappelle. People actually get butt implants??? Why would you do that?

OMG...

Nicki Minaj? Coco? Many Brazilian models do it, and so do most hip-hop models. But they are not implants. They inject fat from other parts of their body into their ass.

Top Bottom