• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

FreeMufasa

I fucking hate when race is being discussed on this board. Seeing some of the posts in that school bus thread is just...... ugh!!!!!!

Why do you guys keep doing this to yourselves? Don't enter race threads. I haven't been in the school bus one but it's been on the front page for a few days now. That's a definate stay the fuck away for me.

Worst ones are the suprise race threads. Nothing to do with race and then half-way through, BAM, you're caught.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why do you guys keep doing this to yourselves? Don't enter race threads. I haven't been in the school bus one but it's been on the front page for a few days now. That's a definate stay the fuck away for me.

Worst ones are the suprise race threads. Nothing to do with race and then half-way through, BAM, you're caught.
Its a lot more civil than it was a few weeks ago, but I do see someone is about to get axed, so that should be interesting.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I called a girl a bitch last night during a heated politics debate (well she was acting like a bitch).

Glad to report I made it out alive. Just barely.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Was she a Ron Paul zealot?

More like an Obama mamma. Let's just say she started her rant with everyone blames Obama and not bush. Standing up, yelling over everyone, pointing fingers and saying how dumb we are.

I said something like... people havent forgotten how bad bush was and ended my reply with the word bitch. At that point it was like crackheads in a bank vault.

Parallax

More like an Obama mamma. Let's just say she started her rant with everyone blames Obama and not bush. Standing up, yelling over everyone, pointing fingers and saying how dumb we are.

I said something like... people havent forgotten how bad bush was and ended my reply with the word bitch. At that point it was like crackheads in a bank vault.

that was stupid bro. you should have let her go on her rant and just walk away, you dont engage her.

Slayven

It would be easier discussing race issues on Stormfront.

I think a fair amount of people are straight up intimidated by black folks. There's been numerous times I've heard a nice area described as ghetto or going to shit just b/c some loud black kids are walking through. Normal kids just being kids.

G-Fex

I think a fair amount of people are straight up intimidated by black folks. There's been numerous times I've heard a nice area described as ghetto or going to shit just b/c some loud black kids are walking through. Normal kids just being kids.

I consider a area ghetto like this street we got in my city. It is cause of all the shady characters and homeless and stuff.

It's practically like Condemned (the game) walking down that street.

I consider a area ghetto like this street we got in my city. It is cause of all the shady characters and homeless and stuff.

It's practically like Condemned (the game) walking down that street.

Oh yeah, if an area is run down, it's run down.

I used to live in Valley Ranch where the Cowboys practice. It's a pretty decent place. This guy described that place as ghetto after seeing some mildly rowdy kids walking home from school. That's such a distorted point of view.

yes I found it appalling how people were clamoring for the black kids to get punished for rebelling against the obviously racist bus structure.

I remember going home on rowdy buses. And I can totally believe a racial slur starting the pandemonium or "ANY" insult hurled at a large group on the bus descending into chaos. What I find interesting is that how some news outlets have omitted the possible catalyst or have stated that it was a solitary shoe that caused the ruckus.

I imagine the person how got hit by a shoe to get up and start raging but I doubt that would have drawn in "all" the members in the back of a bus. The video is crazy. That was a mob.

Slayven

I remember going home on rowdy buses. And I can totally believe a racial slur starting the pandemonium or "ANY" insult hurled at a large group on the bus descending into chaos. What I find interesting is that how some news outlets have omitted the possible catalyst or have stated that it was a solitary shoe that caused the ruckus.

I imagine the person how got hit by a shoe to get up and start raging but I doubt that would have drawn in "all" the members in the back of a bus. The video is crazy. That was a mob.

I can't understand why people in that thread can't understand why dropping n-bombs can cause a situation to get out of hand.

No one sane said old girl deserved it, but at the same time you can understand why shit went down.

Parallax

I can't understand why people in that thread can't understand why dropping n-bombs can cause a situation to get out of hand.

No one sane said old girl deserved it, but at the same time you can understand why shit went down.

because saying that was admitting that you were ok with it happening. that combine with the fact that the girl said the slur was used was lying to save her own ass, even though the whole back of the bus erupted at her. its a ugly scenario, and i always get drawn into these arguments on gaf for some reason.

and coalission getting banned could be seen from the stars. dont know why he didnt clear up before a mod saw him.

because saying that was admitting that you were ok with it happening. that combine with the fact that the girl said the slur was used was lying to save her own ass, even though the whole back of the bus erupted at her. its a ugly scenario, and i always get drawn into these arguments on gaf for some reason.

and coalission getting banned could be seen from the stars. dont know why he didnt clear up before a mod saw him.

She was lying for a fact? So this issue was really caused by a single solitary shoe? Or was it that EVERY black kid on that bus happened to get the inkling to beat on the half-white/ half-hispanic victim?

I simply have trouble believing that people actually believe that something of this scale happens easily without some unifying catalyst. And speaking about the escalation of a hostile situation is not the same as condoning the actions taken. It is simply understandable in the observation of cause and effects. One can make that observation without making a morality call.

Parallax

She was lying for a fact? So this issue was really caused by a single solitary shoe? Or was it that EVERY black kid on that bus happened to get the inkling to beat on the half-white/ half-hispanic victim?

I simply have trouble believing that people actually believe that something of this scale happens easily without some unifying catalyst. And speaking about the escalation of a hostile situation is not the same as condoning the actions taken. It is simply understandable in the observation of cause and effects. One can make that observation without making a morality call.
Chill amigo. I was being sarcastic. I was reflecting what people in the thread were saying.

Measley

I teach poor white, black, and hispanic kids. It can happen very easily because kids are immature and have no concept of consequences for the actions they take. A pack mentality can overrule common sense.

In this case, I have no doubt that the kids in the back of the bus were teasing this girl. It happens constantly when someone different tries to enter a space where everyone knows each other. Shit just got out of hand, and I have serious doubts that the girl dropped a racial slur. Kids at that age are habitual liars, and will do and say anything to get out of trouble.

However, if she DID say a racial slur, the beating isn't justified. Parents need to teach their children that they shouldn't flip out because someone calls them a name.

Chill amigo. I was being sarcastic. I was reflecting what people in the thread were saying.

No anger really, I was just simply finding the best way to put my POV into words.

I teach poor white, black, and hispanic kids. It can happen very easily because kids are immature and have no concept of consequences for the actions they take. A pack mentality can overrule common sense.

In this case, I have no doubt that the kids in the back of the bus were teasing this girl. It happens constantly when someone different tries to enter a space where everyone knows each other. Shit just got out of hand, and I have serious doubts that the girl dropped a racial slur. Kids at that age are habitual liars, and will do and say anything to get out of trouble.

I had a long response, including my history and what I have seen and dealt with growing up and eventually working for the school board in a south florida county....

But I am simply curious now. Have you seen something like this happen before? You deal with fourteen year old kids who think they can get away with an assault simply because some hurled an insult at them?

Parallax

Think of it like a mid season big bad, once you have survived and over come it, you will become stronger.

so black history month and the bigotry surrounding it is what they are talking about when they sing "we shall overcome"?

Satch

Banned
UUUUUUUUUUUGH

so today i was in my philosophy class and we talked about racism against blacks, and this one motherfucker spouted that shit about "well racism will go away if we just accept it" and started talking about how it'll be dead when everybody can call each other "nigga".

there was a video we watched where this black woman was talking about how an older white woman came up to her and said that she was beautiful because she had a thin "white nose" and not "a black nose", and she felt offended by it because she has to deal with people saying racist shit like that all the time, as if something being "black" was ugly.

and that same motherfucker went on about "well people have preferences. i mean if i said i didn't like the color red would that mean i didn't like people wearing red shirts?"

and THEN he said it was racist for the black woman to feel that the white woman was making racist statements because she didn't mean to be racist. it's just that she was old and didn't know any better baaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(

i fucking wanted to deck him

right in the fucking jaw

race is not my subject today

Parallax

UUUUUUUUUUUGH

so today i was in my philosophy class and we talked about racism against blacks, and this one motherfucker spouted that shit about "well racism will go away if we just accept it" and started talking about how it'll be dead when everybody can call each other "nigga".

there was a video we watched where this black woman was talking about how an older white woman came up to her and said that she was beautiful because she had a thin "white nose" and not "a black nose", and she felt offended by it because she has to deal with people saying racist shit like that all the time, as if something being "black" was ugly.

and that same motherfucker went on about "well people have preferences. i mean if i said i didn't like the color red would that mean i didn't like people wearing red shirts?"

and THEN he said it was racist for the black woman to feel that the white woman was making racist statements because she didn't mean to be racist. it's just that she was old and didn't know any better baaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(

right in the fucking jaw

this is the type of shit i dont want to deal with this month. this right here. racism will go away if we accept it? the black woman was racist? people have preferences? get the fuck outta here with that nonsense

i have a feeling were gonna get another "black beauty" styled thread this month....

Slayven

UUUUUUUUUUUGH

right in the fucking jaw

He is lucky you left your tiara at home.

G-Fex

this is the type of shit i dont want to deal with this month. this right here. racism will go away if we accept it? the black woman was racist? people have preferences? get the fuck outta here with that nonsense

i have a feeling were gonna get another "black beauty" styled thread this month....

Uh oh..

*deletes big february nation 2.0 storyline*

UUUUUUUUUUUGH

right in the fucking jaw

oh for the love of shit

What're the odds on a "why is there no white history month" troll threads?
You don't know how much times I wanted to deck people for asking such a question.

UUUUUUUUUUUGH

right in the fucking jaw

lol

Satch

Banned
i swear i havent been this fucking angry in a really long time

and the funny part is I WAS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE DUDE. motherfucker was super comfortable with his opinions

every time he said that "nigga" thing, everybody in the classroom looked at me like "oh shit GET DOWN"

it was like a gaf race thread come to life, with all the garbage inside of one person

Slayven

i swear i havent been this fucking angry in a really long time

and the funny part is I WAS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE DUDE. motherfucker was super comfortable with his opinions

every time he said that "nigga" thing, everybody in the classroom looked at me like "oh shit GET DOWN"

it was like a gaf race thread come to life, with all the garbage inside of one person

Maybe he was the anthropomorphic representation of Gaf race threads?

Top Bottom