• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Just had my dinner delivered decided on Vietnamese haven't had it for a while.
Next time though i'm going to have to try out some of these

screenshot2012-03-02aevk2w.png

i had venison for the first time a few weeks ago and it was delicious!

justjohn

Just had my dinner delivered decided on Vietnamese haven't had it for a while.
Next time though i'm going to have to try out some of these

screenshot2012-03-02aevk2w.png

DAMN.

Btw just finished reading jack johnson: unforgivable blackness and dude is officially my hero. his balls mustve been made of titanium, and i actually had some tears streaming down my face at the end when his wife said:
'He faced the world unafraid. there wasnt anybody or anything he feared'

1235065348423.jpg

Real talk, I've seen this shit like this go down at Church's Chicken. Everybody working there was black and they all came to the front to laugh about a guy ordering chicken while high. Even the manager came to the front and start joking with everybody.

1235065348423.jpg

Real talk, I've seen this shit like this go down at Church's Chicken. Everybody working there was black and they all came to the front to laugh about a guy ordering chicken while high. Even the manager came to the front and start joking with everybody.

I don't understand this at all. Why is it so funny he's high?

1235065348423.jpg

Hah, I was tooling around an Omaha mall with a friend while a bit under the influence, and I ducked into the bathroom behind a large group of black dudes who were pretty obviously doing what I was gonna do (ie, get even more under the influence). Everyone of them laughed at my post intake red eyes, using almost the same exact words in the picture. They also dubbed me mr tightpants lol

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hah, I was tooling around an Omaha mall with a friend while a bit under the influence, and I ducked into the bathroom behind a large group of black dudes who were pretty obviously doing what I was gonna do (ie, get even more under the influence). Everyone of them laughed at my post intake red eyes, using almost the same exact words in the picture. They also dubbed me mr tightpants lol

were you wearing skinny jeans at the time?

Even worse, skinny pants.

my guess is the artist is notblk and his ragecomic subject is "lol black ppl".
Probably, but its funny how white cashiers will pretend everything is A-OK when there have been times in college I could barely open my eyes at the register. Black dudes just laugh about it and make fun of it, and I like that. One time I was leaving a friends house stone out of my gourd and a car of black dudes rolled up laughing and asking us where to buy some weed. I thought I was hallucinating for a few minutes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why wouldn't it be reported? Not every mod is reading every comment.

I'm not trying to step on toes or start a fight, I just don't see the need to fight about this is all :/
I come off stronger than I did before because I'm too lazy to be long-winded about things... But if it had been a homosexual joke in a thread made by gaygaf, then the poster would've been nuked from orbit. No mod contact necessary.

Instead, we've had to put up with Shan, casual racism, willful ignorance, convenient denial, and drive by posters dropping bullshit like "rap culture" in almost every thread where black people are mentioned.

I just think its hilarious that I get labeled for not explaining things and telling people to look up their own shit but in the same thread I sit down and tutor some people on how Rap is a byproduct of a situation, not the creator. They didn't even bother replying either.

Also, that woman was exploited. And I said as much in my 2nd post - but watch as no one will even bring it up again.

Derwind

DY, I really didn't get why you got up in a tizzy in this thread.

Was it because you thought Gaborn was using that particular subject to make a point from this previous thread?

I know people often want to create parallels between the black community and any other struggle that's occured, sometimes it comes off particullarly insensitive. But I don't think that thread was the case.

Maybe the intent of the thread was pretty sketchy considering the OP and you were having a discourse in another thread. I mean it would have been less sketchy had it been early trailblazer in general, rather than the telescopic focus on one particular group.

In any case, I don't think Gaborn did anything really out of line and was just curious at why you had such issue with the thread.

DominoKid

1235065348423.jpg

as a stoner myself, it's always funny to poke fun at high people.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DY, I really didn't get why you got up in a tizzy in this thread.

Was it because you thought Gabron was using that particular subject to make a point from this previous thread?

I know people often want to create parallels between the black community and any other struggle that's occured, sometimes it comes off particullarly insensitive. But I don't think that thread was the case.

Maybe the intent of the thread was pretty sketchy considering the OP and you were having a discourse in another thread. I mean it would have been less sketchy had it been early trailblazer in general, rather than the telescopic focus on one particular group.

In any case, I don't think Gabron did anything really out of line and was just curious at why you had such issue with the thread.

Before I posted in that thread, it was ignored by damn near everyone on GAF. Especially by the people here. I don't want to be further labeled as 'the voice of blackgaf', because I'm not - I'm just the last vocal member apparently. Look back a couple of pages and take note of all the people who just steer clear of the entire topic altogether. That's only a fraction of those who just stopped give a fuck completely. Don't even touch on the fact that this woman was exploited, that's above the issue at hand. Just ask them why they don't even feel like letting people know why certain threads rub them the wrong way.

Gaborn admitted himself that he was worried that the thread would ruffle feathers and Count knew right off the bat that the idea of posting it just sounded bad.

Derwind

^

I get what you're saying, navigating the topic would be like walking on eggshells floating in a pool of sulfuric acid but at the same time the thread did bring some good information I really never encountered before(explotation aside).

Ok Black-GAF, test time;

You're at the family reunion/cookout/get together. Just had a delicious meal fit for a king, the aunts and uncles are all talking about routes home from work in the living room and the little children are downstairs breaking your shit. You and your cousins/brothers need something to do. Quiz time, do you pull out the:

A) Spades (cards, i guess)

or

B) Dominoes

Choose wisely lest your black card be revoked!

Correct answer?

Spades, you fool! Unless you only got 3 people or playing for money then Dominoes is acceptable.

I come off stronger than I did before because I'm too lazy to be long-winded about things... But if it had been a homosexual joke in a thread made by gaygaf, then the poster would've been nuked from orbit. No mod contact necessary.

Instead, we've had to put up with Shan, casual racism, willful ignorance, convenient denial, and drive by posters dropping bullshit like "rap culture" in almost every thread where black people are mentioned.

I just think its hilarious that I get labeled for not explaining things and telling people to look up their own shit but in the same thread I sit down and tutor some people on how Rap is a byproduct of a situation, not the creator. They didn't even bother replying either.

Also, that woman was exploited. And I said as much in my 2nd post - but watch as no one will even bring it up again.
Truth

Ok Black-GAF, test time;

You're at the family reunion/cookout/get together. Just had a delicious meal fit for a king, the aunts and uncles are all talking about routes home from work in the living room and the little children are downstairs breaking your shit. You and your cousins/brothers need something to do. Quiz time, do you pull out the:

or

B) Dominoes

Correct answer?

Spades, you fool! Unless you only got 3 people or playing for money then Dominoes is acceptable.

Half-MexiGAF reporting in, telling you that bones >> spades.

With my fam get-togethers (huge family) when the 16-25 year olds get bored we pull out the cards or the ps3/xbox and have some amazing madden/fifa sessions.

DominoKid

Ok Black-GAF, test time;

or

B) Dominoes

Correct answer?

The xbox solves all.

Ok Black-GAF, test time;

or

B) Dominoes

Correct answer?

Well if this gets your black-card taken I'll have to turn mine in. I've only played dominoes once and spades never.

Derwind

Dominoe's is best with a 4 person + group...

But I got to admit, I've never really done family reunions... much... usually just unannounced drop by's would constitute as a reunion with a specific family member... and generally growing up unannounced visits happened every month....

DominoKid

Board games are WOAT. They usually end up with me winning... or getting destroyed and i yank the board off the table and throw everything at my cousin. Our family doesnt do board games anymore lol.

Ok Black-GAF, test time;

or

B) Dominoes

Correct answer?

jA3il.jpg

Bring it!

that game is only really fun if you know the people youre playing with. if not, you have to honestly think about the answers.

I always go for absurdity, and if people don't get it that's their problem.

Usually there is at least one other person taking it as silly as you are, and will laugh at the stupidity of the things you match up and vice versa.

Only acceptable as a drinking game. Otherwise i feel like a 5 year old.

I can't imagine playing this when not drunk.

DominoKid

I always go for absurdity, and if people don't get it that's their problem.

Usually there is at least one other person taking it as silly as you are, and will laugh at the stupidity of the things you match up and vice versa.

I can't imagine playing this when not drunk.

Thats how i was introduced to the game freshman year and i thought it was the most juvenile game ever.
It was waaay more fun once i made alcohol involved.

Ok Black-GAF, test time;

or

B) Dominoes

Correct answer?

dominoes because i'm from the west indies!

Neither! Bring out the Monopoly!

nah, too many custom rules!

haha, I was just joking. Monopoly always starts out fun then turns around pretty quickly.

Videogames, movies, or UNO is what we usually end up doing.

yeah, a movie works too. or a Wii.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
lol. It doesn't even take being drunk. Renigging will have people sleeping on the couch. Although strategic renigging is a valuable tool as long as you don't get caught...

Most definitely is. Unfortunately, 90% of the time I've played it was against people that actually payed attention to where the books fell...and could count cards...

Top Bottom