• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

MLK and civil rights in 4th grade .... rap music on internet radio, the wire boxset

"I understand your plight!"

:jnc

It's great to talk to the most suburban, milquetoast kid from like, Long Island or something, and then have him talk about how he can totally relate to black kids and inner city struggles because he knows Biggie and Wu-Tang songs and enjoys them un-ironically.

This happens almost once a month for me.

Mononofu

those any good? I tried kipper snacks before and thought they were a bit bland.

Perhaps I need to top it off with something for extra flavor.

I think they are good for a rare treat. 3 bucks a pop :\

If you're all about favor though you might look elsewhere.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No, no, no.

No vienna sausages, no sardines, no SPAM.

Can't do those anymore; I swore I'd never go back to that OG poverty grub, and I won't start now. I hate those things :x

yes. i cant agree more. that shit is so damn gross.

akira28

You keep believing that. High temperatures won't remove all that nonstandard meat evilness that goes into bologna, which is actually a sausage, sliced thin. Spam is mostly mechanically separated ham and joint meat. No lips or asses or organ meat involved.

Best thing in a can:

xzr5P.jpg

fixed.

You keep believing that. High temperatures won't remove all that nonstandard meat evilness that goes into bologna, which is actually a sausage, sliced thin. Spam is mostly mechanically separated ham and joint meat. No lips or asses or organ meat involved.
so all the good parts are gone. Well at least I have my jar of pickled pig assholes to spice up a meal

SmokyDave

The thread is fun so far. People are mad that it's NOT popping off due to reverse racism. :jnc

I'm surprised that nobody has bought up the thread a couple of months ago, about the teacher that called a black kid "a chocolate drop that nobody wanted" and some other racist shit. That thread didn't even hit 2 pages. It's the only time when I've felt like many of GAF had no fucking idea what to say and I honestly think its because the teacher was black so it didn't fit into any preconceived responses.

Interesting stuff.

FreeMufasa

I'm surprised that nobody has bought up the thread a couple of months ago, about the teacher that called a black kid "a chocolate drop that nobody wanted" and some other racist shit. That thread didn't even hit 2 pages. It's the only time when I've felt like many of GAF had no fucking idea what to say and I honestly think its because the teacher was black so it didn't fit into any preconceived responses.

Interesting stuff.

hahahaha.

I was thinking of a way to use that to refer to myself but I guess it could hint at coming up short.

There is a video on YouTube (I'm struggling to find it at the moment) of a talk show where interracial dating is discussed and in it were white women with their black male partners speaking of their experiences with men from both races. Their point was that black men were better lovers physically and emotionally. The host then went to the audience and asked a white male to respond and he offered that he's never had any complaints from former lovers as to his performances, for example, in bed. A white woman in the audience shook her head in disapproval, and when the mic was given to her, she responded - in agreement with the couple on stage - that black men are better in bed. I imagine a few white men watching this were agitated by what they were witnessing and it reminded me of those videos of black women expressing their bewilderment of the sight of black men with white women and all that it suggested.

Oh by the way here's that video I was talking about a few pages back

http://youtu.be/_kkXogn8Oeo

Oh my. I wonder how much rhythm (something we have in abundance) impacts this?

Also, I am not a piece of meat, white women! Love me for my brilliance as well as the lasting power, plz. :(
well, looking at those two dudes standing up there with the host...

black guy: projecting confidence, wearing suit, etc

white guy: awkward stance, blobbly clothes, etc..

Part of me wonders if there is some weird global-cultural hangup with white men being reserved and proper in their body language. I can think of a lot of examples I've seen (subjective I know) where this seems to be true.

Top Bottom