• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Not yet. I had been responding to Jason's commentary on the video because I didn't really want to see it. The idea of sexuality being the principle force behind being interested in black men offends me. I'll watch it now...though I really didn't want to. :(

dont

Not yet. I had been responding to Jason's commentary on the video because I didn't really want to see it. The idea of sexuality being the principle force behind being interested in black men offends me. I'll watch it now...though I really didn't want to. :(
I'm not black and I found it offensive. It starts off seemingly positive but gets depressing and just... sad really quickly.

And gross. Eugh. I'm sorry I said anything lol.

Not yet. I had been responding to Jason's commentary on the video because I didn't really want to see it. The idea of sexuality being the principle force behind being interested in black men offends me. I'll watch it now...though I really didn't want to.

The video (its really an episode divided into several videos) doesn't just focus on why white women choose black men, much less go into merely one factor (sex) but rather discusses the various factors for interracial attraction. It's important to recognise that whilst the first video primarily goes into the sexuality facet, the subsequent videos show women referring to the persona differences between the two (although according to one of the audience members, that was disingenuous from them, they are really just motivated by the sex).

The audience also brings the views of the opposite, specifically the opinions of black women on black men dating white women. Interestingly, the predominant position amongst them is that white women are a status symbol to black men, triggering a passionate argument amongst the crowd, so you have arguably ignorant commentary being volleyed on both sides and so the offense isn't restricted to one group of viewer. One white woman says "[white men] have nothing going for them, they have no background, they aren't as mentally strong as black men" etc, and that provoked some disgruntled murmurs within the crowd.

What was also very peculiar was that the ones, both black and white, male and female, who defended interracial attraction on the basis that "love is blind, there is no colour" didn't win the support of all, they were met with cynism from some corners.

I'm big boneded, I'm heavy structure, I'm hung low. If I pull my shit out, this whole room get dark.

KICK IT

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I AIN'T SCAAARED OF YOU MOTHAFUCKAS!

too late :(

this is ridiculous. but I'm not surprised by a few things.

-I'm not surprised that rhythm is mentioned with regard to sex and sexuality.

-I'm not surprised that some black men made some of those truly homely white women feel good about themselves...as none of them are a "catch" except to some black men who feel special by having any white woman at all. as if it were some sort of a status symbol. that's an interesting conversation in and of itself.

-Lol @ the cocoa butter commentary.

-Based on what I've seen of sex threads on GAF, many of our members (most of which are white, of course), seem genuinely shocked and even dismissive of our comments of sex sessions lasting longer than 30 minutes. Maybe there is something to this sex issue. idk.

-The sweeping statements are a lot to hear. "Black men are better in bed." "White women are easier." Yawn. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if black men are a bit more open-minded. May be a consequence of being a minority group, but we love/respect everyone for the most part.

-The black girl arguing with the black dude about his preferences...it always makes me cringe.

edit: I think I'm going to stop at part 2. this is a lot to hear. It's like the lowest form of conversation.

DominoKid

-Based on what I've seen of sex threads on GAF, many of our members (most of which are white, of course), seem genuinely shocked and even dismissive of our comments of sex sessions lasting longer than 30 minutes. Maybe there is something to this sex issue. idk.

30 mins for 1 nut or multiple?
cause if im still working on my first one 30 mins in then i'm probably just frustrated and ready for it to be over so i can eat lol.

Barely related, but as a great GAF poster once said: "Tupac is a pussy."

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

30 mins for 1 nut or multiple?
cause if im still working on my first one 30 mins in then i'm probably just frustrated and ready for it to be over so i can eat lol.
depends on the goals. For me, it can be 5 minutes or 2 hours if we want to go that long (on the first nut, and usually the only nut. I can't do the multiple thing unless there's a break in between). it was just interesting to me that some GAFers seemed to never even think such a thing to be possible.

more often than not when things go a long time, neither of us noticed it. we'll just look up and hours have passed and we're like "wtf! I gotta go to work in the morning!" and we finish up. lol.

Barely related, but as a great GAF poster once said: "Tupac is a pussy."

EdcIn.gif

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I AIN'T SCAAARED OF YOU MOTHAFUCKAS!

too late :(

this is ridiculous. but I'm not surprised by a few things.

-I'm not surprised that rhythm is mentioned with regard to sex and sexuality.

-I'm not surprised that some black men made some of those truly homely white women feel good about themselves...as none of them are a "catch" except to some black men who feel special by having any white woman at all. as if it were some sort of a status symbol. that's an interesting conversation in and of itself.

-Lol @ the cocoa butter commentary.

-The sweeping statements are a lot to hear. "Black men are better in bed." "White women are easier." Yawn. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if black men are a bit more open-minded. May be a consequence of being a minority group, but we love/respect everyone for the most part.

-The black girl arguing with the black dude about his preferences...it always makes me cringe.

edit: I think I'm going to stop at part 2. this is a lot to hear. It's like the lowest form of conversation.

I prefer black dudes. I haven't been able to pin down all of the reasons. But honestly, the minority men I've dated thus far are just not patronizing in the way some white guys can come off, and that's going to be taken as offensive to some people but oh well, it's my experience.

SonnyBoy

Anywhere from 10 min - 2 hours is realistic. Depends on the chick, the situation and my intentions. Lol. I saw someone mention multiple nuts, lmao. My all-time score is 4, and it's heavily dependent on the chick lmao.

Slayven

I prefer black dudes. I haven't been able to pin down all of the reasons. But honestly, the minority men I've dated thus far are just not patronizing in the way some white guys can come off, and that's going to be taken as offensive to some people but oh well, it's my experience.

That is because you can co-sign stuff for them.

FreeMufasa

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

depends on the goals. For me, it can be 5 minutes or 2 hours if we want to go that long (on the first nut, and usually the only nut. I can't do the multiple thing unless there's a break in between). it was just interesting to me that some GAFers seemed to never even think such a thing to be possible.

more often than not when things go a long time, neither of us noticed it. we'll just look up and hours have passed and we're like "wtf! I gotta go to work in the morning!" and we finish up. lol.

When you include foreplay, it's really not that long at all. Sounds like a lot of male gaf get theirs and leave. A very dangerous game to play.

EDIT: Found this in the recc. section of Meus' video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BjfxpF0_c&feature=related

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I feel you guys about being seen as nothing but a piece of meat. I'm pretty sure my last relationship started that way - and ended up because I was black, and as awesome as we were together, she wasn't about to be cast out of her family for being with a young black guy (Bitch, I would've taken you to church! THAT'S BIGGER THAN DYING)

I can say without shame that I learned everything I know from Mr Marcus, Justin Slayer, and BET Comicview. After I got those first couple crappy times out of the way, I've been strollin like a boss. I even try and explain to guys here the concept of the '2nd nut' and the theory of bustin one before you even go over there "2nd nut? not only does that sound ridiculous, but its pointless" "beat off before i go see her? WHY??"

and btw, yeah, i said it - 2pac was a pussy

When you include foreplay, it's really not that long at all. Sounds like a lot of male gaf get theirs and leave. A very dangerous game to play.

EDIT: Found this in the recc. section of Meus' video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BjfxpF0_c&feature=related

People interpret time in this context differently, specifically they think from a one session perspective. I'd imagine most can go for hours, but spread out between several sessions with foreplay in between

I feel you guys about being seen as nothing but a piece of meat. I'm pretty sure my last relationship started that way - and ended up because I was black, and as awesome as we were together, she wasn't about to be cast out of her family for being with a young black guy (Bitch, I would've taken you to church! THAT'S BIGGER THAN DYING)

Yeah man, this happens to me all the time.

<_<

>_>

and btw, yeah, i said it - 2pac was a pussy

Compared to rappers now, pac is the most gangster dude on Earth.

masud

Banned
I gotta agree with Dy on this one, Pac was the studio gangster prototype. It saddens me how many people continue to fall for it.

He could rap a little bit though. (But he's no Hell Rell right Dy?)

DY_nasty

Middle name 'Concrete'

also, FACT: All singing rappers can be traced directly back to 2pac

and in other "did this mofo really just say that?" news - just got back from physical therapy from my arm, and I'm striking up a conversation with the receptionist (black woman, late 20s) and she hits me with "so glad you're not like the rest of the black guys who come through here?" "lol what do you mean?" "you know, getting strolled in with their brand new german wife HA" "you know that sounds like a good idea. think i might just have to get one" "HA .... ha .... :|"

Lebron

Middle name 'Concrete'

and in other "did this mofo really just say that?" news - just got back from physical therapy from my arm, and I'm striking up a conversation with the receptionist (black woman, late 20s) and she hits me with "so glad you're not like the rest of the black guys who come through here?" "lol what do you mean?" "you know, getting strolled in with their brand new german wife HA" "you know that sounds like a good idea. think i might just have to get one" "HA .... ha .... :|"

At least your Aunt isn't doing recon and relaying information back to her sister about the lack females of color who post on your wall or friends list in general. I should have seen that trap coming before I accepted, but now I'm stuck.

"your aunt telling me about all these white girls you converse with up there. They ain't got no black girls at that school of yours?"

Oh well...

DY_nasty

At least your Aunt isn't doing recon and relaying information back to her sister about the lack females of color who post on your wall or friends list in general. I should have seen that trap coming before I accepted, but now I'm stuck. Oh well...

Ugh... My cousin just got married to misinformed pro-black guy who thinks that its his job to show me the light of nubian queens and how black jesus will cry if I don't date one of my strong, proud, intelligent, christian, black, strong, intelligent, strong, black sistahs aka women.

FreeMufasa

At least your Aunt isn't doing recon and relaying information back to her sister about the lack females of color who post on your wall or friends list in general. I should have seen that trap coming before I accepted, but now I'm stuck.

"your aunt telling me about all these white girls you converse with up there. They ain't got no black girls at that school of yours?"

Oh well...

Flashback to my early fb days. I don't add family, family friends or any sort of aquaintance of my mother. I also don't add accept anyone I don't know since i'm paranoid 90% of the time it's my older bro. He's still trying to get me back for last summer when I made a fake profile and arranged a date, only for to have me turn up :lol. I did that in response to him and his friends setting me up with a dude.

Fuck, we've been in this one-up/prank things for like 15 years now. I don't think it'll ever end.

Middle name 'Concrete'

My grandfather met my grandmother in Germany during the Korean war. His marriage actually lasted until his death, but most of his friends that married had terrible marriages. I think that's generally the case with the service in general, however. Personally, I wouldn't even think of marrying anyone, despite where they're from, if I were in the service.

DY_nasty

That guy just sucks at character creation. My Nia Long Shepard and Terrence Howard Shep can testify against him.
My grandfather met my grandmother in Germany during the Korean war. His marriage actually lasted until his death, but most of his friends that married had terrible marriages. I think that's generally the case with the service in general, however. Personally, I wouldn't even think of marrying anyone, despite where they're from, if I were in the service.
Military divorce rates are horrendous. And even though most higher ups would discourage you from getting married, most wouldn't want to be a single soldier in the army. It blows.

Top Bottom