• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Chicken and noodles and eggs?

We got fried spam and welfare cheese on deck.

lol no. Chicken flavored noodles and put scrambled eggs in it. Put some soy sauce on it and it's almost like shrimp fried rice.

what... am i reading. syrup sandwich? as in, syrup on bread? are you at least toasting this?

Nope, just two slices of bread with syrup in between. It's really good on wheat bread.

spam-musubi.jpg

It's so good though.

Pretty popular here in Hawaii. The only time I actually ate spam. It's alright. :/

Satch

Banned
a long time ago when i was but a wee lass, i poured some cereal in a bowl...... but we didnt have milk!

so i asked my granny if she could go to the store and buy some and she said "nope. go put some water in it"

it was aight

DominoKid

a long time ago when i was but a wee lass, i poured some cereal in a bowl...... but we didnt have milk!

so i asked my granny if she could go to the store and buy some and she said "nope. go put some water in it"

it was aight

i would've just eaten the cereal dry...

but then again that's cause i always eat dry cereal.
milk makes me puke...yet i can still eat ice cream and other shit w/ milk in it.

I used to go to this hawaiian place back when I lived in Daly City and always got their cheeseburger special if I couldn't afford the chicken + rice (which was often). It was a weird feeling when even the cooks started to recognize me, but it felt better when the cute girl at the register got to know me.

I had to move before anything could happen though. :(

Butter and Sugar sandwich > Peanut Butter and Jelly

sugar AND butter? what kind of sorcery is this?

Syrup sandwich>>>>>>>Peanut butter and jelly>>> mayonnaise sandwich>>>>butter and sugar sadwich.

mayonnaise sandwiches go great with noodles if you keep the broth and dip it in it!

Chicken and noodles and eggs?

We got fried spam and welfare cheese on deck.

i can work with some spam...

fried spam and egg sandwiches for breakfast.

rice cooked up with cut up spam for lunch.

mac & cheese & spam covered with a sauce made from sauteed ketchup and some seasoning from the cupboad for dinner.

it was aight

hell naaaaw... i would have eaten it dry!

SmokyDave

How hungry do you have to be to eat a butter and sugar sandwich? lol, that's like some zombie apocalypse, 'man, I'm just trying to survive' shit right there. Although I guess I shouldn't knock it till I try it.
Fuck man, that got me good. Kudos to any man that can make me laugh before 9am.

DominoKid

prod_vienna_sausage_original_5oz.jpg

as a kid those (plus salt/pepper) made me a very happy boy.
picked up a can the other day just because and i think i made it through 1.25 sausages before i wanted to vomit.

The only thing I can eat from a can is black olives.

...And tuna I guess, if I add some mayo. Soup too, but I guess that doesn't really count.

I guess what I'm saying is fuck Spam.

Sugar and butter sandwhiches? Syrup sandwhiches? I was good with just some grilled cheese and ramen noodles when my family was broke. I did like toasting some bread and butter and hitting it with some garlic powder to make some bootleg garlic bread when we didn't have much else to eat though.

What is spam? is it like Corned Beef? That's what it looks like.

"Spam (officially styled SPAM; derived from Spiced Ham) is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative."

I feel this. My grandfather loved the shit before he passed. The smell made me want to vomit everytime. That and fucking head cheese
Head cheese aka souse meat is on point. Love that stuff, put it on some captin john bread and some mustard and im in heaven.

Oh yeah rice, butter, and sugar, thank me later

No, no, no.

No vienna sausages, no sardines, no SPAM.

Can't do those anymore; I swore I'd never go back to that OG poverty grub, and I won't start now. I hate those things :x

I found out SPAM stood for "spiced ham" just like a month ago. Smh, always thought it was just made up. I enjoy it on salads though.

Vienna sausages and crackers are the ish.

Mononofu

No, no, no.

Can't do those anymore; I swore I'd never go back to that OG poverty grub, and I won't start now. I hate those things :x

Vienna sausages and SPAM is just nasty.

Maruchan%20Ramen%20Noodles-thumb-520x410.jpg

A few years ago I tried to get by living like a cheap bastard, Buying a ton Ramen noodles from Walmart (13 cents a piece)

Never again.

Vienna sausages and SPAM is just nasty.

Maruchan%20Ramen%20Noodles-thumb-520x410.jpg

A few years ago I tried to get by living like a cheap bastard, Buying a ton Ramen noodles from Walmart (13 cents a piece)

Never again.

Yup. Chicken flavor and beef flavor are the classics. I keep a few packages handy in case I'm ever in a pinch or for something quick to eat after my workouts.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I would make the sweetest love to Regina King. Cavities
No, no, no.

Brother.

I've worked too hard to go back to eating that bullshit and pretending it was delicious.

Slayven

I might be crazy, but I get so offended when people watch the box set of the wire and think they now know the plight of the black people.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I might be crazy, but I get so offended when people watch the box set of the wire and think they now know the plight of the black people.

MLK and civil rights in 4th grade .... rap music on internet radio, the wire boxset

"I understand your plight!"

Top Bottom