• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

ReiGun

I checked and now she's saying she was just doing it to entertain and possibly promote some book.

I don't buy it, but eh.

I actually watched some weird documentary about her, Darius was sick of her shit and said she was incredibly intelligent but too damn destructive. Kind of sad how self-aware, smart and eloquent she is since it doesn't change the fact that instead of just relying on that, she made her mark being a video gal. Then later wrote a book about all the private affairs she had basically shitting all over the men she had relationships with. Setting a great example really. All that potential and all she did was ride off the backs (and dicks) of successful men to get ahead.

I read that book Superhead put out years ago. She's damn smart, but it's hard to respect her. She fucks a lot of powerful guys, then shits on them as she climbs over them into stardom.

DominoKid

nah i've only been a member here like since like Dec 09 so if it was before that then i wouldnt know cause i didnt have to wait long at all before i could post. i know some people have to lurk forever before they get approved

if he posted since then, i just never noticed lol.

Imm0rt4l

Any of you guys watch the walking dead? Every time I see T-Dog on screen I get annoyed, I want that character to die because his only purpose is so obviously to fill a quota. If they're going to make him a token(apparently there aren't any black people in Georgia), at least make him somewhat useful, dude hasn't even said half a sentence since the 2nd half of the new season started. The most important arch this character has had is to be the subject of one characters racism in the first season. I'd rather have an all white cast than have this guy be relegated to a glorified extra. I feel keeping him alive is disingenuous. I'm not usually bothered by token characters, but everything about this guy rubs me the wrong way. His name is t-dog, can't get more transparent than that. I suppose really I should be more bothered with the quality of the show since its pretty much ass.

I've been on a tear at capcom after they nerfed sean. What a joke they turned him into in 3rd strike. And don't forget seth and heavy d! on the snk side with the fro hawks. And there's duck king, but he's not much to talk about

Yea, what they did to sean is unforgivable. I can understand the need to nerf him, but not to the point that he is totally unplayable, ridiculous. 3rd strikes sucks anyways.

george_us

I actually watched some weird documentary about her, Darius was sick of her shit and said she was incredibly intelligent but too damn destructive. Kind of sad how self-aware, smart and eloquent she is since it doesn't change the fact that instead of just relying on that, she made her mark being a video gal. Then later wrote a book about all the private affairs she had basically shitting all over the men she had relationships with. Setting a great example really. All that potential and all she did was ride off the backs (and dicks) of successful men to get ahead.
I watched this on Showtime I believe.

It was...interesting. Felt really sorry for Darius McCrary and her son.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Any of you guys watch the walking dead? Every time I see T-Dog on screen I get annoyed, I want that character to die because his only purpose is so obviously to fill a quota. If they're going to make him a token(apparently there aren't any black people in Georgia), at least make him somewhat useful, dude hasn't even said half a sentence since the 2nd half of the new season started. The most important arch this character has had is to be the subject of one characters racism in the first season. I'd rather have an all white cast than have this guy be relegated to a glorified extra. I feel keeping him alive is disingenuous. I'm not usually bothered by token characters, but everything about this guy rubs me the wrong way. His name is t-dog.

yeah, in that regard, youd be better off reading the comic. the only black male member of their camp for a while, tyreese was a much, MUCH better character. i couldnt take t-dog knowing that he was essentially taking the place of a far superior character

Yea, what they did to sean is unforgivable. I can understand the need to nerf him, but not to the point that he is totally unplayable, ridiculous. 3rd strikes sucks anyways.

whats really funny about it is that i had to point out the differences in play to my friends when we would play 3rd strike. his god like anti air was shattered and replaced with a slow useless stump of an attack

but yeah, audibly, and visually, second impact destroys 3rd strike

LowerLevel

Any of you guys watch the walking dead? Every time I see T-Dog on screen I get annoyed, I want that character to die because his only purpose is so obviously to fill a quota. If they're going to make him a token(apparently there aren't any black people in Georgia), at least make him somewhat useful, dude hasn't even said half a sentence since the 2nd half of the new season started. The most important arch this character has had is to be the subject of one characters racism in the first season. I'd rather have an all white cast than have this guy be relegated to a glorified extra. I feel keeping him alive is disingenuous. I'm not usually bothered by token characters, but everything about this guy rubs me the wrong way. His name is t-dog, can't get more transparent than that. I suppose really I should be more bothered with the quality of the show since its pretty much ass.

Fine...
I'm more concerned with my fear of with they might pull with someone else we haven't met yet. If they pull a Hollywood on this character, I will seriously ban this show! No need for it with so many good actORz out there looking for work...

I feel you on that about tdog but look on the bright side we still got morgan and his son. And according to the guys who read the comic
a capable black woman

Derwind

Yeah his portrayal was shit from the beginning. Had no real bearing on the story.

I'm more concerned with my fear of with they might pull with someone else we haven't met yet. If they pull a Hollywood on this character, I will seriously ban this show! No need for it with so many good actresses out there looking for work...

Why do you automatically assume the gender of said new character?

Do you know something I don't. *squints eyes in suspicious*

yeah, in that regard, youd be better off reading the comic. the only black male member of their camp for a while, tyreese was a much, MUCH better character. i couldnt take t-dog knowing that he was essentially taking the place of a far superior character

Tyreese isn't in the show? Laaaaame. I need something to watch after The Wire (On the 5th season now), but if they're pulling out characters like that, then I don't know about Walking Dead.

I'm more concerned with my fear of with they might pull with someone else we haven't met yet. If they pull a Hollywood on this character, I will seriously ban this show! No need for it with so many good actresses out there looking for work...

They took out Tyreese so are you sure
she's even in it? (Edited because not sure if Derwind is kidding or not.)

LowerLevel

They took out Tyreese so are you sure
she's even in it? (Edited because not sure if Derwind is kidding or not.)

I don't know for sure, but leaving said person out would be a bit of a mess up as well. But I'm patient. Did they take Ty out, or have we not seen him yet? Wish I knew where the screen writers were headed...

Parallax

I don't know for sure, but leaving said person out would be a bit of a mess up as well. But I'm patient. Did they take Ty out, or have we not seen him yet? Wish I knew where the screen writers were headed...

he hasnt appeared, but a character name t dog has. no similarities in their characters, so its possible for him to show up, but with a certain someone around, it seems highely unlikely

LowerLevel

he hasnt appeared, but a character name t dog has. no similarities in their characters, so its possible for him to show up, but with a certain someone around, it seems highely unlikely

Indeed... T-Dog (sigh). After seeing the first season and reading the Comic thread, I decided to read it myself. Man, the "liberties" they took with this show... Still a good watch however.

DominoKid

A perfect time to post the legendary Foxxhole interview with Superhead AKA karrine steffans

The one where she says Big Tigger's asshole was "cut open to the white meat."

The Foxxhole Superhead

goddamn she is fucked in the head.
holy shit i forgot about the ringtone lmao.
this shit is classic.

I watched this on Showtime I believe.

It was...interesting. Felt really sorry for Darius McCrary and her son.

Her son doesn't stand a chance lmao.

Parallax

goddamn she is fucked in the head.
holy shit i forgot about the ringtone lmao.
this shit is classic.

she brings up a good point that i made a while back though. not all ass is free. you seriously have to be more aware of the people you sleep with nowadays, and the company you keep for that matter.

DominoKid

she brings up a good point that i made a while back though. not all ass is free. you seriously have to be more aware of the people you sleep with nowadays, and the company you keep for that matter.

she's walking evidence of that lol.
she may have admitted as much but i was laughing too hard to hear it.

A perfect time to post the legendary Foxxhole interview with Superhead AKA karrine steffans

The one where she says Big Tigger's asshole was "cut open to the white meat."

The Foxxhole Superhead

I forgot about this. Gotta love how she attempts to portray herself as some classy example who doesn't want to speak of her past life. Yet she's perfectly fine with bringing it all back to the forefront to sell whatever she's doing.

What an angry, spiteful woman. And I don't see how so many dudes were tied to her. Why? There are plenty of those types of chicks out there for celebs to fuck around with. smh

granted, I did like her video with Mr. Marcus back in the day

Veal

Duck King isn't black. Spindashing caught many smh's for that one. Seth on the other hand:

Seth2002.jpg

I feel SNK did this right.
I wanna be this man.

Imm0rt4l

I'm pretty sure duck king is black.

Is knuckles the echidna black?

He has dreadlocks and rocks that red black and green/Ethiopian flag colorway on his shoes.

I've actually seen someone make this argument before lololol.

I'm pretty sure duck king is black.

Is knuckles the echidna black?

He has dreadlocks and rocks that red black and green/Ethiopian flag colorway on his shoes.

I've actually seen someone make this argument before lololol.

Plus all his music is hip-hop in SA2, right? At the very least, his most famous tune is Pumpkin Hill.

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm jus' gon' creep...

Top Bottom