• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

G-Fex

I haven't played it for a while due to work and a few other things. I bought it for fun but I'm just finding myself getting my ass kicked, you think I would've learned my lesson with SF4 and MvC3, I can't get a move in at all.

Plus Tom F'n Cruise threw a big hissy fit that I didn't get a chance to let him borrow it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's pretty fun so far. I suck though because this is my first fighter.
Don't let FGC gaf fool you, that shit is not easy to jump into and the tutorial is still trash. Its a good fun game and a perfect middle ground between MVC and SF4, its still a moderate entry level though.

Don't let FGC gaf fool you, that shit is not easy to jump into and the tutorial is still trash. Its a good fun game and a perfect middle ground between MVC and SF4, its still a moderate entry level though.

Yeah I played a couple of ranked matches and got beat so badly. One match I only hit the guy one time. I guess I just have to practice.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I like the game... but its not really for me. I'm pretty much done with capcom outside of RE.

Kinda fucked up how BB gets shafted.

Anybody playing Street Fighter X Tekken on xbox?

Nope, and not going to. Mass Effect 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3 have my attention for the immediate future.

That is interesting. Also I think Mad Men handles race in a very honest way, they don't sugar coat shit.

A lot of those critics don't want to be reminded of the recent past. I like those takes because sometimes people need to be reminded.

Imm0rt4l

If any of ya'll play sfxtk on psn, get at me(GODHAND04). I'm gonna probably learn some new characters, maybe jin, kaz, or lili.

I like the game... but its not really for me. I'm pretty much done with capcom outside of RE.

BBs stage backgrounds are the GOAT, A lot of the character designs are kinda wack to me, but it's a preference thing I guess. I'd take sol badguy over ragna any day. They need to hurry up and make a new guilty gear since arcsys got the rights back to the game. I kinda wished I had picked up continuum shift, but it seems not many people play it anyways.

Onemic

Have it for PS3 and I'm pretty terrible. I can't link together combos for shit, but it's still super fun playing as Kazuya and Heihachi.

And you're way too popular Immort4l, tried adding you but you're at the friend limit.

Imm0rt4l

Have it for PS3 and I'm pretty terrible. I can't link together combos for shit, but it's still super fun playing as Kazuya and Heihachi.

And you're way too popular Immort4l, tried adding you but you're at the friend limit.

My fault, I'm gonna clear up some deadweight. Some friends haven't logged on in a long time.

This Trayvon Martin case has really got me heated. I mean the guy was the same age as me. It's horrible that walking while black is still considered a crime.

This Trayvon Martin case has really got me heated. I mean the guy was the same age as me. It's horrible that walking while black is still considered a crime.

can't walk, that's suspicious,you must be looking for some evil deed to do
You CERTAINLY cant run, that means you just committed a crime
cant powerwalk, that means you want to run but dont want people to know your running from a crime

Just stand there Cant even stand, you must be scanning the place out for targets/making sure no witnesses are around

I dont even know, just stay in your house and you MIGHT be fine

Any good up and coming black comedians?

Herman Cain's comedic career ended too soon imo. Harassed one too many white women.

I love to work with people. I want to work in education eventually being a professor.

That's cool. Given your level of academic achievement it's not the most lucrative path you could take but job satisfaction is definitely important.

cant powerwalk, that means you want to run but dont want people to know your running from a crime

Just stand there Cant even stand, you must be scanning the place out for targets/making sure no witnesses are aroundI dont even know, just stay in your house and you MIGHT be fine

Or you're selling drugs. Either or.

Just stand there Cant even stand, you must be scanning the place out for targets/making sure no witnesses are around

I dont even know, just stay in your house and you MIGHT be fine

My house is too nice if people see me in their they'll think I broke in.

abuC

You can hear that scumbag say "fucking coon" on the 911 call, how he hasn't been arrested is beyond me.

Chris Rock said it best, America is like the Uncle that put you through college, but molested you.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

Eh, I bought BlazBlue, tried the tutorial, and never touched the game again. So much insane complicated shit.

Slayven

What is happening to older black actors? Every time I see one they look like they been through some serious shit. I know Louis Gossett Jr had the big C, and made a full recovery. But damn did he blow up. And Danny Glover looks like he has aged a million years.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
What is happening to older black actors? Every time I see one they look like they been through some serious shit. I know Louis Gossett Jr had the big C, and made a full recovery. But damn did he blow up. And Danny Glover looks like he has aged a million years.
They've gotten old.

Only because he knows can make tens of millions of dollars by starring in downright terrible films.

Yup. Hell, I'd take millions of dollars to make crappy films.

Timedog said:
Eh, I bought BlazBlue, tried the tutorial, and never touched the game again. So much insane complicated shit.

Pretty much. I got Continuum Shift and beat it once and now it collects dust next to my copy of GTAIV. I do enjoy trying to do the combos though. And the art is nice.

Imm0rt4l

anyone here play journey on psn? I think I'm gonna cop it tomorrow.

Too old for this shit.

Top Bottom