• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Slayven

I have my share of problems with Al Sharpton, but he is a true soldier for protesting even with his mom dying.

I groaned when he started popping up on MSNBC, but I've grown to like the man actually. The Blueberry Pie commercial is still stupid tho.

One thing that bothers me about that channel though, I can never decide between Tamron Hall and Melissa Harris-Perry. They're both just so damn........fine. That have that rare, intellectual sexiness you could spend a lifetime looking for.

Slayven

I groaned when he started popping up on MSNBC, but I've grown to like the man actually. The Blueberry Pie commercial is still stupid tho.

One thing that bothers me about that channel though, I can never decide between Tamron Hall and Melissa Harris-Perry. They're both just so damn........fine. That have that rare, intellectual sexiness you could spend a lifetime looking for.

Yeah I listened to his radio show a few times and he come across better then the few clips and quotes.

Tamron all the way, she looks like she will hurt you in the right ways.

LOL, so black churches now have attendance policies. My sister was telling me that a friend of her's aunt got kicked out of the church for not attending services. Twist is the lady was battling cancer.
Funny you post this but I got kick outta my own church a few months ago...
btw my mama is the Pastor lol...

Onemic

I'm taking note of all the dudes that are going out of their way to defend zimmerman or say his suspiciousness was justified. Some of it I will chalk up to being extreme willful ignorance, and some....well I just don't know.

Slayven

I'm taking note of all the dudes that are going out of their way to defend zimmerman or say his suspiciousness was justified. Some of it I will chalk up to being extreme willful ignorance, and some....well I just don't know.
I do that with those kind of threads. Always the same suspects and they only get worse.

A beagle. I think he might have decreased some of my suspicious behavior.

Next time get a rottweiler or a pitt bull. You would be tasered before you hit your front steps.

AiTM

Banned

Hope this isnt in reference to me, Im white but I still regularly lurk this thread. Im not defending a child killer man, the guy should have stayed in his house. Im just discussing all the viewpoints.

Imm0rt4l

Hope this isnt in reference to me, Im white but I still regularly lurk this thread. Im not defending a child killer man, the guy should have stayed in his house. Im just discussing all the viewpoints.

Why just lurk? Post something.

edit: and you are undoubtedly one of the few in that thread that makes it less bearable.

Onemic

Right now you're beginning to, because it definitely isn't coming off that way.

EDIT2: Forget what I said, you're pulling that shit again and it's not coming off well.

AiTM

Banned
Why just lurk? Post something.

edit: and you are undoubtedly one of the few in that thread that makes it less bearable.

I just came in on the last page, want really familiar with it. Didnt read about it until the video of the girl in biology class going crazy, apparently she was very upset about it and may be a reason why she blew.

Everyone was pissed at the police for not arresting him, and it didnt make sense to arrest someone before the details came out and they had a stronger case.

Anyways not going to derail in here. It was just discussion, doesnt hurt anyone. And everything I was saying will be brought up a million times over in the case.

I hope I don't sound like too much of a stoner with this post. But I've figured out what being black in America is to me.

To have a limited set of futures hoisted on a multitudinous group who see to gain the individuality and success so often denied them by others and those around them.

End epiphany.

Goddamnit black-GAF, I'm trying to remember this song. Sounded like a 90s New Jack swing joint, chorus was all peppy like, "do-do-do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do-do", I wish Black-GAF was in person so I can do the melody.

Derwind

Goddamnit black-GAF, I'm trying to remember this song. Sounded like a 90s New Jack swing joint, chorus was all peppy like, "do-do-do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do-do", I wish Black-GAF was in person so I can do the melody.

Well can you describe the sound of the chorus a little better?

I distinctly remember a saxophone during the bridge. I'm pretty sure a woman was singing it, or a dude with a high ass voice lol.

Damnit man, this shit is gonna bug me all day now

Derwind

I distinctly remember a saxophone during the bridge. I'm pretty sure a woman was singing it, or a dude with a high ass voice lol.

Damnit man, this shit is gonna bug me all day now

Sorry bro, I doubt I'll be able to find the song you're looking for. Hopefully you remember it on your own. =)

No luck, but I'm getting nostalgia like a muhfuca /lawrence

I forgot Vanessa Williams even did any music. They would pick the whitest-looking sista to be the first black Miss America. Dem eyes though...they melt my soul

and omg, Johnny Gill, please stop trying to dance, homeboy.

Slayven

I Love Your Smile! That's the name!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlJSk2DarCM&t=3m30s

I was shopping today and I faintly heard it over the loudspeaker, and I was like, "Damnit, what song is that again...?" A lot of these early 90s R&B songs tend to blend together in my memory.

Why do you do this to us, Slayven? Why do you continue to disappoint us...

If I educate a one person then the thread will be worth it. If one person just says "hump, I never saw it that way before" hopefully it will be passed on.

Top Bottom