• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

i know it sounds kinda shameful but sometimes i get nervous standing next to a white woman in a long ass line, i always think their thinking of me doing something :(

Sorry Blackgaf.

7796_full.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i know it sounds kinda shameful but sometimes i get nervous standing next to a white woman in a long ass line, i always think their thinking of me doing something :(

sadly i feel the same way walking in a really nice neighborhood. i get the feeling im gonna get flagged for something stupid.

we should make a "black gaf's fav white wo...i mean white guys thread"!

It helps living in such a diverse area and having many minorities as pals. It's really eye opening. When my best pal and I go out together, we look like a couple because he's a dude, and some of the stares we get even here in the Bay Area sometimes jeez. It's usually older folks though which is a good sign.

If I educate a one person then the thread will be worth it. If one person just says "hump, I never saw it that way before" hopefully it will be passed on.

At risk of sounding ignorant and dumb, so many of these issues were unknown to me until recently. I grew up in Maine and never noticed any racial issues of any kind (which I guess makes sense since Maine is the whitest state in America). I guess where I lived combined with the election of a black president reinforced my thinking that racism really wasn't a real issue in more.

I am not really trying to argue anything, I am just kind of astounded that people still have to deal with these sorts of issues. I thought this kind of stuff was history. It is sad really.

well

alright then

Slayven

The growing pains will be worth it one day. One day I promise there will be a race thread on Gaf that will not invoke a facepalm.

anyone seen the retweets Karen Finney posted by this crazy woman Awalker? yikes:

A Walker ‏ @RiverRoads Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@finneyk bARRACK THE DEFECTIVE NEGRO LIVED BY THE SEA, SINGING SONGS OF SLUTTERY TO THE MEDIA BITCH KAREN FINNEY

@finneyk You foul smelling slut. Tell me, have u given Al Sharpton,Jacksom + Obama their blow jobs yet today, U pathetic dirty cur

@finneyk The product of a sloppy seconds gang rape ought not be talking about class. Or R U the result of an experiment w/bestiality?

https://twitter.com/#!/finneyk

The growing pains will be worth it one day. One day I promise there will be a race thread on Gaf that will not invoke a facepalm.

just wait till theres a black main character for a popular game franchise ala GTA

you'll be laughing your ass off

IF I ever hit the powerball, I will pay Capcom to make a DMC staring a black guy. A black guy fighting video and Loa.

I would love for Ninty to make Link a brother with cornrows in the next Zelda. That's how you mix some shit up. Chernobyl level meltdowns would be glorious to watch.

What the hell, Slay

Excuse me guys all my banter and chillin' in here is just posin', I got all my info and experiences from that one black history course I took in college.

Better yet, make Zelda black. Let's see how many people her now.

Excuse me guys all my banter and chillin' in here is just posin', I got all my info and experiences from that one black history course I took in college.

Honestly Devo, just get your white ass out here and stop interacting with us like a normal person. We need to put a sign, "Blacks Only", it it will show how real we are.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Better yet, make Zelda black. Let's see how many people her now.

Honestly Devo, just get your white ass out here and stop interacting with us like a normal person. We need to put a sign, "Blacks Only", it it will show how real we are.

Link doesn't even catch news that she is missing for weeks.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I would love for Ninty to make Link a brother with cornrows in the next Zelda. That's how you mix some shit up. Chernobyl level meltdowns would be glorious to watch.

What the hell, Slay
Ganondorf was rocking some tight cornrow styled braids in twilight. But yeah, shit would hit the fan....

Top Bottom