• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

akira28

So I just purchased one of those fancy electric razors yesterday.....why do you lie to me BlackGAF? Shit sucks hobo balls. My skin feels...irritated.

Barber clippers can do good things, I'm told. Friend of mine uses them exclusively. I gave up my expensive ass Remington with the 3 circular blades because I didn't like itchyface/razorbumps. That was before I discovered Skin Tight bump fighter. Now my razor bump problems are a thing of the past!

I'm being trolled, aren't I?

Guy's a dick of many different colors. Usually not worth it, getting into it with him unless you're getting something out of it. You can't just have a disagreement with him because he'll never meet you at the middle, and it's not worth it unless you're going to back him into a corner and prove him wrong.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
His name is instantly infuriating. His positions are absurd. He is pulling strawmans out of his ass.

I'm being trolled, aren't I?

Blackace gave him that name a while back. It used to be Trax, but I've seen so many of his ghost edits now that I don't bother responding to him.

Gattsu25

Banned
Every night, before I go to sleep I shave with this while my skin is dry and then finish off the job with the pop-out trimmer on the back of the device. It's the only way I've found to avoid in grown hairs though I'm sure there are better ways.

41UZvOXXO5L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DKMY9Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm not gonna hate on calling out weaves. That shit needs to end. Take care and be proud of your hair

but good lord, dat face WTF. And more angry black woman stereotyping

I didn't want to say anything but fuck it, youtube was more like "why do black men settle for ugly white women with shitty attitudes."

DY_nasty

This girl tried to play me like I didn't know the difference between a weave and tracks.

She was just jelly because I can grow long, luxurious hair fit for royalty. dat cherokee

(I don't even know what a "track" is)

It's just rather depressing that some black chicks treat their real hair like it's just a lego piece only meant to have something snapped on top of it. Many don't take care of the scalp or hair in general, and when they get older they start losing what little hair they have left.

I saw my cousin last week and she had a big weave on, but you could see where it was connected to her unkempt nappy hair line; it looked like she should covered that with a bandana or some shit but instead said "fuck it"

I've seen so much shit nearly pop off due to weave drama. Most recently after a black chick at school asked me if I liked her new hair style; she had gone from a long weave with blond streaks to a shorter, Keri Hilson type weave that was reddish. I gave a diplomatic answer and said "I like it, I like short hair styles..." but some black dude was like "they both was weaves" which of course caused a white chick to snicker. At which point the black chick snapped on the black dude, then started making semi-racially charged comments about the white chick ("you need to take your skinny no ass having self back to the trailer").

DY_nasty

You will never see those pictures.
(I don't even know what a "track" is)

It's just rather depressing that some black chicks treat their real hair like it's just a lego piece only meant to have something snapped on top of it. Many don't take care of the scalp or hair in general, and when they get older they start losing what little hair they have left.

I saw my cousin last week and she had a big weave on, but you could see where it was connected to her unkempt nappy hair line; it looked like she should covered that with a bandana or some shit but instead said "fuck it"

I've seen so much shit nearly pop off due to weave drama. Most recently after a black chick at school asked me if I liked her new hair style; she had gone from a long weave with blond streaks to a shorter, Keri Hilson type weave that was reddish. I gave a diplomatic answer and said "I like it, I like short hair styles..." but some black dude was like "they both was weaves" which of course caused a white chick to snicker. At which point the black chick snapped on the black dude, then started making semi-racially charged comments about the white chick ("you need to take your skinny no ass having self back to the trailer").
Tracks are just extensions. Put em in my hair once for a school throwback day. I was reppin Purple Haze. You kinda glue em in.

But I can understand why weaves exist. I've had to watch my cousins and sister to put up with all kinds of curling irons, relaxers, conditioners while I got to go outside and play.... they used to look so fucking sad lol. The thing is, a lot of girls don't even know how to take care of their hair outside of that extensive straightening shit and a GOOD weave is actually not a bad thing (too bad many are just wigs... not true weaves).

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I don't care to much for weaves or a lot affections in general. Am I the only one who likes women sans make up? I know some situations call for it, whatever. But in general, I love women who are comfortable with their 'natural' look.

Having a sister with natural hair that goes down to her waist has made me clueless as to what's real and what's weave. I remember one of my friends laughed at me when I asked her if her hair was real because apparently it was obviously weave to everyone else.

DY_nasty

Having a sister with natural hair that goes down to her waist has made me clueless as to what's real and what's weave. I remember one of my friends laughed at me when I asked her if her hair was real because apparently it was obviously weave to everyone else.

My sister actually has shoulder-length hair now. I'm so happy.

My cousins all have that deep fried Ms. Frizzle shit goin on.

Yeah i got a Remington clipper the other day and my face just felt weird after I used it.
but it feels great today and no bumps either. i wish it cut a little closer though.

cant say the same on using it downstairs though.
guess im just not used to everything being nearly bare.
i used to just handle that with some scissors and cut it down only a little.

lol what you use the same razor for your face and balls?

Anyway, if you want a GOOD electric razor then look at the Andis T Outliner range. It gives a 0 day (no stubble) cut. I can't get it as I'm in the UK, but my barber normally gets his from JA

SmokyDave

Love the new Gaf faction that is fighting against white oppression and stereotyping.

Can you point me to the topic that provoked this?

Between this post and the 'White Liberation Front' shit in another topic, I'm starting to suspect I missed something over easter. Is this all fallout from the Florida shooting?

Take it to PM if you don't want to sully this positive thread.

DY_nasty

Can you point me to the topic that provoked this?

Between this post and the 'White Liberation Front' shit in another topic, I'm starting to suspect I missed something over easter. Is this all fallout from the Florida shooting?

Take it to PM if you don't want to sully this positive thread.

A lot of it is from the Florida thread... it always ends up like this after black history month though. Hell, the main reason the original blackgaf and latinogaf threads got killed is because someone started up a whitegaf thread that lead out of the gate with of "we got stuffs too" shit. Any kind of race thing being brought up, and interest from minorities, leads to a substantial kickback - and its just a general theme too.

SmokyDave

A lot of it is from the Florida thread... it always ends up like this after black history month though. Hell, the main reason the original blackgaf and latinogaf threads got killed is because someone started up a whitegaf thread that lead out of the gate with of "we got stuffs too" shit. Any kind of race thing being brought up, and interest from minorities, leads to a substantial kickback - and its just a general theme too.

Such a shame. I know race threads on here aren't great at the best of times, but it seems like they're all incendiary lately.

It makes me sad because we've a wide range of intelligent people with all kinds of backgrounds on this site. You'd think we'd be better equipped to discuss such things.

DY_nasty

Such a shame. I know race threads on here aren't great at the best of times, but it seems like they're all incendiary lately.

It makes me sad because we've a wide range of intelligent people with all kinds of backgrounds on this site. You'd think we'd be better equipped to discuss such things.

Just watch as this thread goes through the motions. I guarantee that at least 3 guys will either a) twist words from a poster and respond as if he were attacked or b) just stay sarcastic as fuck until pressed on a particular point then get himself banned trax-style

Top Bottom