• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Any of y'all catch The Lincoln Lawyer? The soundtrack to it is pretty dope.

What's going on in this thread? Y'all seem so down nowadays. Do I need to post sugary sweet pictures of my kid to cheer folks up? ^_^

NaughtyEater.jpg

very messy! :D

DominoKid

Raise your hand if you have gotten into this debate with a black girl?

*raises hand

Pretty much every black guy I know, barring one, agrees. My primary school was pretty black and damn near all were natural, the local secondary... Not so much. Huh?

never. i avoid that debate like the plague.
arguing w/ a black woman in general is a losing battle.
arguing w/ a black woman about hair is an impossible battle.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
never. i avoid that debate like the plague.
arguing w/ a black woman in general is a losing battle.
arguing w/ a black woman about hair is an impossible battle.

I once had an argument with one of my younger sisters about rockin' either short hair, or just letting her hair fro out. Saying that the straight hair or weave just doesn't look that good on her.

Wow. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. Real talk.

smh coming to work this morning an old white woman just abrupptly tried to lock all the doors inside her busted ass car as I was walking by. Bitch Im dressed in semi formal outfit what in the fuck was I gonna do

smh coming to work this morning an old white woman just abrupptly tried to lock all the doors inside her busted ass car as I was walking by. Bitch Im dressed in semi formal outfit what in the fuck was I gonna do

You can be in a full suit and get this reaction while driving a better car.

Just keep rollin.

Slayven

Am i going crazy or am I seeing more and more contrarian force members? I hate when some threads turn into circle jerks, but damn people need a hobby.

Imm0rt4l

Pretty much destroyed the op's hilarious argument in one post and he replies with a gif saying he didn't read it and put me on ignore. classy. It's actually kind of funny arguing with outwardly racist bigots.

the srk community is a cesspool, but did you read cumbuckets 2nd post in the thread? I don't like the racebaiting bullshit either way.

Even though white ppl are the minority in the fgc, it seems like the op got what he wanted, granted he is the most ineffective troll I've seen in a while. He got some whitewine posters to co-sign a faux post of righteous indignation. It's kind of brilliant actually.

Onemic

the srk community is a cesspool, but did you read cumbuckets 2nd post in the thread? I don't like the racebaiting bullshit either way.

Even though white ppl are the minority in the fgc, it seems like the op got what he wanted, granted he is the most ineffective troll I've seen in a while. He got some whitewine posters to co-sign a faux post of righteous indignation. It's kind of brilliant actually.

Wat. This guy trolled the fuck out of me. :<

Imm0rt4l

Wat. This guy trolled the fuck out of me. :<

To your credit I'm pretty sure no one could tell based off his first post, what point he was getting at. But that's probably why its such a good troll, a lot of people thought he was genuine, myself included.

We should play some sfxt some time, haven't played it much lately.

Onemic

To your credit I'm pretty sure no one could tell based off his first post, what point he was getting at. But that's probably why its such a good troll, a lot of people thought he was genuine, myself included.

We should play some sfxt some time, haven't played it much lately.

For sure, I'm just waiting for my arcade stick to come in on Monday. I've been practicing my UMvC3 game in the mean time. You can probably kick my ass right now :(

Imm0rt4l

For sure, I'm just waiting for my arcade stick to come in on Monday. I've been practicing my UMvC3 game in the mean time. You can probably kick my ass right now :(

Maybe, I haven't really been playing it that much. But starting today I'm looking to switch ryu out for lili since I'm more fond of rushdown. Plus I think my minimal ryu experience in sf4 transfers over so well since the character is piss easy in sfxtk, so playing him doesn't feel particularly rewarding. I'll probably get my law/lili team bodied a bit today, but who knows.

Imm0rt4l

I can't play 6 button fighters anymore.

Investing in dat persona though

P4 actually looks pretty dope, I'll at least give it a try. I'd probably feel more hyped for it had I actually played any persona games though...also maybe I'd understand why one of the characters fights using a lawn chair. But animu fighters usually don't fare well in terms of popularity, I stopped Blazblue a long time ago because of that. Strangely enough everyone is hype for guilty gear accent core though. I'm looking forward to ttt2u.

what difference does it make if it's 4 or 6 buttons though?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
P4 actually looks pretty dope, I'll at least give it a try. I'd probably feel more hyped for it had I actually played any persona games though...also maybe I'd understand why one of the characters fights using a lawn chair. But animu fighters usually don't fare well in terms of popularity, I stopped Blazblue a long time ago because of that. Strangely enough everyone is hype for guilty gear accent core though. I'm looking forward to ttt2u.

what difference does it make if it's 4 or 6 buttons though?
I'm a pad guy all day. Six buttons is just a bitch. Especially when you've got multiple simultaneous button presses or holds. Juri is my girl - but I can't even get down with her because the holds. And every super is a challenge if I don't assign all 3 p/ks to one button - which doesn't always work because of all the character specific move hiccups.

I always felt like SF was a better brand than fighting game too.

I can't do Street Fighter, mainly because I suck. The learning curve for initially learning to play most fighters competitively is pretty steep. Because of that most fighters are pretty intimidating, and that has kept me away from most of them. The one time I did put alot of time into a fighter was Virtua Fighter 5 and that game is the shit when you're finally able to be competitive............. but it took me like 3 or 4 months before I could hang with anybody online, didn't help that the only people still playing at the time were top-tier players.

I suck at fighters but i'll gladly whoop most people's asses in Halo. And I'm a pretty quick learner when it comes to other FPSes. I used to wreck people's shit in Gears before glitchin' and roadie running with shotty became abused.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i dont play fpses enough. the last one i devoted any time to was halo 3. and before that quake 2(that game is my SHIT)

whats with the avatar devo? is it throwback month?

I'd probably feel more hyped for it had I actually played any persona games though...also maybe I'd understand why one of the characters fights using a lawn chair.

Kanji? He's the town's bully/roughneck. They don't give a proper explanation why he uses a steel chair in-game, but after playing through his arc in P4, you never really question it. :lol

DominoKid

i used to stay on some fighters (Tekken and SFA3 are my favorites) until i got a 360.
i know there's tons of pads and sticks, but nothing works for me quite like the Dualshock D-Pad

Onemic

I totally thought that was a legit beard then I saw the cats....oh god

i used to stay on some fighters (Tekken and SFA3 are my favorites) until i got a 360.
i know there's tons of pads and sticks, but nothing works for me quite like the Dualshock D-Pad

I played the shit out of tekken 3 back in the day. Of course I button mashed like nobodies business.

DominoKid

I used to mash until tekken 4. Oddly enough thats the most interesting game in the series to me. Yeah its flawed to hell, but i like it. Law is my favorite. I like the mishimas (Heihachi > DJ > > > Kaz) but i always feel off balance with them.

Top Bottom