• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

MWS Natural said:
Depends. Does your brother qualify for everything on "The List"??
the men in my family generally do.

a group of chicks at this club I went to last night stopped me to tell me I was "beautiful" and how well the bald look worked for me. I don't think that Iv'e had that happen too often. :lol

rexor0717

Lv99 Slacker said:
xZ0Ce.jpg

Members:
# Tosin Abasi – Guitar (8 string)
# Javier Reyes – Guitar (8 string)
# Navene Koperweis – Drums
# Chebon Littlefield - Bass, Keyboards, Programming

----

folder.jpg

Sample Tracks:
Tempting Time
Inamorata
I love music like this. Awesome recommendation.

Dreams-Visions said:
the men in my family generally do.

a group of chicks at this club I went to last night stopped me to tell me I was "beautiful" and how well the bald look worked for me. I don't think that Iv'e had that happen too often. :lol

Are you bald by choice or is nature helping things along?

ryutaro's mama said:
Are you bald by choice or is nature helping things along?
by choice. it was cheaper in college and I just stuck with it.

people also always seem to think I'm ~23, which doesn't help my cause with women my age at first. they think I'm some young kid coming to hollar at them. I've had to show my ID more than once. :-/

ryutaro's mama said:
Ok, I'll bite:

Who is your little brother?
nobody hoping to be somebody. not even worth talking about yet. but if it begins to look like he has a real chance to blow, I'll certainly let you guys know. you know how entertainment goes...lots of people making lots of promises and compulsively coming up short. been out to DefJam in NY and Universal in LA. all making big promises...all under-delivering.

So until he gets somewhere...it's not interesting to discuss yet. the song is cool, though. in that tween pop kinda way. :-/

Lebron

spindashing said:
Damn and I thought my dad's beard was bad... :lol
Shaddup. Your dad is Kimbo Slice. His beard looks awesome. Stories say he was born with it already intact, can you confirm this legend?

Lebron said:
Shaddup. Your dad is Kimbo Slice. His beard looks awesome. Stories say he was born with it already intact, can you confirm this legend?
:lol :lol No. It's funny seeing him in old portraits without the beard or just a normal beard -- he looks like a different person. I've seen him with that beard since I was born and I think I'd freak out if he shaved it one day.

He's lose all his magic black man power if he did shave it. My shit can't connect anyway, I'll stick with a goatee. :lol

Fox the Sly

Dreams-Visions said:
people also always seem to think I'm ~23, which doesn't help my cause with women my age at first. they think I'm some young kid coming to hollar at them. I've had to show my ID more than once. :-/

Same here, brah, same here. Although I'm not bald. And people think I'm even younger.

spindashing said:
:lol :lol No. It's funny seeing him in old portraits without the beard or just a normal beard -- he looks like a different person. I've seen him with that beard since I was born and I think I'd freak out if he shaved it one day.

He's lose all his magic black man power if he did shave it. My shit can't connect anyway, I'll stick with a goatee. :lol

Wait... you're really Kimbo's son? Or am I being whooshed? >.>

Fox the Sly said:
Wait... you're really Kimbo's son? Or am I being whooshed? <.<
Yeah, I'm the Pokemon loving (shut up Blackace I'll cut you :lol)black hipster son of Kimbo Slice.

Well, the Kimbo Slice reference is from a thread I created showing how my dad looks just like Kimbo Slice. Bald head, black man, beard. I'd link but I'm on the MobileGAF, but that's the gist of it.

Y'know...I've never known anyone that ever celebrated Kwanzaa.

The last time I did or saw anything Kwanzaa-related was when I was in grade school, and you pretty much had to make sure you covered everyone's holiday equally.

Coincidentally, this was around the time the meme "war against Christmas" started :x

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
JCX said:
So, does anyone here actually celebrate Kwanzaa?

180px-What_the_Hell_Is_Kwanza%3F.png

Seriously though, I was taught a ph.D's worth of information on Kwanzaa as a kid, and I still don't celebrate it to this day.

I'm willing to bet if you asked any teens about what it was, they wouldn't have the slightest clue :/

Nameless

JCX said:

Festivus for the rest of us! Attempting to commercialize Kwanzaa was a dumb ass move all the way around. No one cared. They taught it to us in school but I was out on the whole thing as soon as I learned you gave & received shit like & figurines.

Lebron

We had that ugly Kwanzaa candle lamp that was just there for decoration. We eventually broke it playing football in the house and just threw it away. Parents didn't' even realize it was gone till like a year later. Shows how much they cared for it :lol

We still got them beat downs, though :(

JCX said:

By proxy I did when I was in high school. I was in the choir at school so we had to participate in the Kwanzaa program. Whichm in a twist of fate, was preseted by a church memeber of mine, who was a key member in the celebrations at church. The school stuff wasn't soo bad, but the church thing could get old and odd once the "Back to Africa" members and visitors came out of the woodworks. The only thing I really got from it was the Nguzo Saba (7 principles).

Top Bottom