• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Veidt said:
haha. shit man, it's insane how everyone sees piccolo as the one black dude in DBZ.

I wish he was able to do more, dude always comes out strong then he gets killed or beat to shit. Same with Vegeta. Such bullshit.

Tokubetsu

Vegeta was my dude. Goku went SSJ because his whiny bald friend died. Vegeta went SSJ to survive the destruction of a planet caused by a meteor shower. Straight G.

Plus, fuck Chi Chi. Bulma was the girl to go after. Vegeta knew what he was doing.

Lebron

Devolution said:
I wish he was able to do more, dude always comes out strong then he gets killed or beat to shit. Same with Vegeta. Such bullshit.
This man knows what's up. Damn Goku family wank fest.

haha I forgot about Jynx. Such a shitty Pokemon.

FTH said:
Oh cool, just cool, 300 trolls enter the My Little Pony thread and survive off of hope and vigor. My Little Pony fan enters thread and is banned when he could've been ignored.

Cool.

Oh no, we've turned the idiot into a martyr

HlhB1.jpg

FTH said:
Oh cool, just cool, 300 trolls enter the My Little Pony thread and survive off of hope and vigor. My Little Pony fan enters thread and is banned when he could've been ignored.

Cool.

It's not because he's a My Little Pony fan, it's because he's Shanadeus acting a persistent fool.

He was warned, too. It would have happened if he kept his pussy-in-cup avatar too.

Mononofu

USAgriffith2.jpg

Has anyone seen this film? I haven't gotten around to watching it but from what I know "A Birth Of A Nation" disturbs me the most as "a work of art" than anything else.

Mononofu said:
USAgriffith2.jpg

Has anyone seen this film? I haven't gotten around to watching it but from what I know "A Birth Of A Nation" disturbs me the most as "a work of art" than anything else.

Yep. Watched it a couple of years back. I think what disturbs me the most is the fact that, to this day, people still buy into this piece of shit propaganda and actually think it's not racist at all.

Lebron said:
This woman knows what's up. Damn Goku family wank fest.

haha I forgot about Jynx. Such a shitty Pokemon.

Fixed.

When he reunited with kami, I thought yes, dude is gonna kick some ass. I should have known better.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
well he did kick ass. But only for a small portion. They couldn't let the black dude take all of the honor in saving the world.

Who cares though. I bet Gohan got some of that black in him, Chi-Chi was way too comfortable around Piccolo, woman acted like she hated him, but we all know what happened between her and Piccolo, in those 2 years Goku was in the after life.

Veidt said:
well he did kick ass. But only for a small portion. They couldn't let the black dude take all of the honor in saving the world.

Who cares though. I bet Gohan got some of that black in him, Chi-Chi was way too comfortable around Piccolo, woman acted like she hated him, but we all know what happened between her and Piccolo, in those 2 years Goku was in the after life.

Poor Piccolo though, never actually gettin' anything. At least Vegeta tapped that Bulma-ass. Hell even Krillin got a girl at some point.

Devolution said:
Poor Piccolo though, never actually gettin' anything. At least Vegeta tapped that Bulma-ass. Hell even Krillin got a girl at some point.
He did fuse with Kami as well as Nail if that means anything lol.

Veidt

Worst thing they did to piccolo was when they finally said that he didn't have a penis. Racism at its purest. Neuter the only the black character in the entire show, just because he'd naturally be endowed.

Devolution said:
So he's gay?
Yep. Way to go, Toriyama. First you make Popo and then you make the other black candidate gay.

In reality, Namekians reproduce asexually. They produce eggs from out of their mouths so the situation's even worse.

There was also Uub for us blacks...

Mononofu

perfectnight said:
Yep. Watched it a couple of years back. I think what disturbs me the most is the fact that, to this day, people still buy into this piece of shit propaganda and actually think it's not racist at all.

I'm sure D.W. Griffith wouldn't have considered himself or his film as racist either, that's the scary thing.

We talkin about DBZ now?

Mononofu said:
I'm sure D.W. Griffith wouldn't have considered himself or his film as racist either, that's the scary thing.

When I went to the SF MOMA for their "Exposed" exhibit I saw photos of lynches. It was the first time I saw such things in person, so the impact was much different. Those images are burned into my mind forever.

Lebron said:
Remember when Bulma first met Mr. Popo she was scared he was going to hurt her? Yup, stealth Toriyama stealth.

I keep wondering about how they rarely ever put Hispanics in these things. I was discussing this with some friends the other day and we could mostly only think up guys from fighting games, and even then a lot of those are "spanish" not latino or central american.

Devolution said:
When I went to the SF MOMA for their "Exposed" exhibit I saw photos of lynches. It was the first time I saw such things in person, so the impact was much different. Those images are burned into my mind forever.

I saw the before and after pictures of Emmett Till when i was in 6th grade. That's something I'll never forget either.

Devolution said:

I don't care, Piccolo was that nigga. Only non-saiyan to hold his own against the bad guys.
Vegeta on the other hand was always crying or whining about some shit, it really got annoying. Remember in that Broly movie when Vegeta was on the ground petrified as shit? Piccolo came over, picked him up by his hair and called him out for being shook and dropped his ass back down, definitely one of the gulliest moments in the movies or anime.

spindashing said:
a quick google search

1273550718206_f.jpg

Popo scaring the white women smh lol

Hahaha I remember Bulma being scared shitless by Mr Popo too. So did Toriyama have a fetish for Blond haired Blue eyed whites or something?

computers putin' said:
Vegeta on the other hand was always crying or whining about some shit, it really got annoying. Remember in that Broly movie when Vegeta was on the ground petrified as shit? Piccolo came over, picked him up by his hair and called him out for being shook and dropped his ass back down, definitely one of the gulliest moments in the movies or anime.

I just watched that recently, shit was so lulzy. That's why Piccolo > Vegeta for me always, he deals with being weaker like a boss, Vegeta is just like "wah wah i don't want to give you my power or fuse wah."

StinkFist

Banned
I feel for my fat, very dark skinned brothers. Must be a hard world for you in the dating world especially if you're attracted to more than just your own race.

Thankfully I'm friggen sex-ay.

perfectnight said:
Hahaha I remember Buma being scared shitless by Mr Popo too. So did Toriyama have a fetish for Blond haired Blue eyed whites or something?

DBZ always bothered me about that, "we must turn ultra aryan to beat these dudes." At least it got weird when goku basically reverted into a monkey form for his strongest level.

Veidt

Anime in general is a glorification of all that is Caucasian. It's pretty sad actually.

Devolution said:
DBZ always bothered me about that, "we must turn ultra aryan to beat these dudes." At least it got weird when goku basically reverted into a monkey form for his strongest level.

I was ignorant to it at first, but as I grew up I began to notice things like Piccolo very obviously being the one black guy in the main cast and Bulma being scared of the only two blacks in the show. And once I learned about hitler and his idea of a master race.. lol

It was a very weird time for me.

Veidt said:
Anime in general is a glorification of all that is Caucasian. It's pretty sad actually.

I hated it as a kid, the hero was always some dumbass blond white person. Like Sailor Moon, same problem.

StinkFist

Banned
Veidt said:

It really bothers me seeing Asians drawing themselves in a very caucajsian style when watching anime, or playing a video game. It's like the world has been unintentionally brainwashed.

StinkFist

Banned
I say we all grow Afros in protest of the worlds adaptation of the euro man.

P.S. I still love you white folks.

P.S. 2 I just noticed something about all of our avatars. Almost all.

StinkFist said:

The only hair I can't stand is white people dreads.

StinkFist said:

I was just marathoning through Beavis & Butthead on MTV.com the other day. I miss awesome 90s cartoons :(

Scribble

I'm laughing at the idea of Black Culture GAF vs My Little Pony: FiM GAF. It'll be 'People-With-Skin Thread' all over again.
I could try to crack a joke about um, 'members', but I will not.

daffy

Banned
StinkFist said:
FTH, would you so kindly go fuck off. Don't compare my little pony bullshit to black culture. I swear, if I could I'd...
That post was ages ago and was a joke post. Quit getting offended and learn to ignore it or tolerate, this thread is off topic as fuck already.

StinkFist

Banned
perfectnight said:
I was just marathoning through Beavis & Butthead on MTV.com the other day. I miss awesome 90s cartoons :(

Daria, Eon Flux, the Maxxx etc. Who did MTV hire that decided to go all reality tv?

StinkFist

Banned
FTH said:
That post was ages ago and was a joke post. Quit getting offended and learn to ignore it or tolerate, this thread is off topic as fuck already.

Or you can kindly G F O

Edit: My bad didn't realize it was a joke post.
Sorry FTH

StinkFist said:
It really bothers me seeing Asians drawing themselves in a very caucajsian style when watching anime, or playing a video game. It's like the world has been unintentionally brainwashed.

Pretty much. Its especially bad for women of all races because for the most part, the standard of beauty is a thin nordic looking white woman.

Whenever I see a woman dying her hair blonde it just upsets me.
Tyra and Beyonce get passes though.

I can't tell if things are getting worse or better in Japan though. Traditionally women were expected to have very pale white skin and that goes really far back, way beyond contact with anyone else. Now though girls are getting really tanned, but then dieing their hair blonde to create some sort of weird beyonce-esque look. I'm sure Blackace has something interesting to say about what's going on over there.

lightless_shado said:
Pretty much. Its especially bad for women of all races because for the most part, the standard of beauty is a thin nordic looking white woman.

Whenever I see a woman dying her hair blonde it just upsets me.
Tyra and Beyonce get passes though.

I can't tell if things are getting worse or better in Japan though. Traditionally women were expected to have very pale white skin and that goes really far back, way beyond contact with anyone else. Now though girls are getting really tanned, but then dieing their hair blonde to create some sort of weird beyonce-esque look. I'm sure Blackace has something interesting to say about what's going on over there.

You mean those ganguro chicks?

StinkFist

Banned
Has anyone else noticed a change in Beyonce's skin tone over the years, especially now that she's a perma blonde?

Myself, I'm not really into Asian chicks due to creepy _____ men and how they view Asian women. I just look at every guy who's dating an Asian women as some weird fetish feind.

I know, I know...

DominoKid

computers putin' said:
I don't care, Piccolo was that nigga. Only non-saiyan to hold his own against the bad guys.

Vegeta is my favorite anime character ever but that was funny as shit to me.

i used to think that if they ever made a legit DBZ movie that The Rock would play Piccolo.

StinkFist said:
Has anyone else noticed a change in Beyonce's skin tone over the years, especially now that she's a perma blonde?

so i'm not the only one. she still fine as fuck though so IDGAF.

Devolution said:
You mean those ganguro chicks?

As far as I know there are different types of "style". Ganguro girls look literally like clowns. I'm talking specifically about "gals" Kogal, Gyaru, Black Gal, etc. Same look, but more toned down.

Also I've noticed some men wearing/trying to imitate Black hairstyles. Cornrows, dreads, braids, etc.

StinkFist said:

I dunno you'd have to find pictures that aren't on magazines or ads since they lighten ethnic women up way too damn much.

lightless_shado said:
As far as I know there are different types of "style". Ganguro girls look literally like clowns. I'm talking specifically about "gals" Kogal, Gyaru, Black Gal, etc. Same look, but more toned down.

OH ok.

StinkFist said:
Daria, Eon Flux, the Maxxx etc. Who did MTV hire that decided to go all reality tv?

I think it all started (if not, it's certainly what kicked it off) with The Osbournes. I remember that show being a HUGE hit for MTV and after that they just started making more and more reality shows and other shit channels like VH1 followed suit.

daffy

Banned
ChocolateCupcakes said:
We can't talk about anime now?
Sure! Let's talk about some ponies that could be black in My Little Pony!!

Zecora is pretty badass, plus she has a smooth African accent:
260px-Zecora.png

There aren't many male ponies with voiceovers, so no black men :( But, oh well! This totally relates to black culture!!

Top Bottom