• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Mononofu

From The Dust said:
I was more into the Cosby Show

My parents use to watch this all the time, hard for me to remember a lot of episodes off hand though.

Lets get something straight: Fresh Prince GOAT

277_fresh_prince_468.jpg

Mononofu said:
My parents use to watch this all the time, hard for me to remember a lot of episodes off hand though.

Lets get something straight: Fresh Prince GOAT

277_fresh_prince_468.jpg

Goat? Hmm tough call, tough call. It certainly lasted several seasons and had many memorable moments. I'll give it top 5 maybe.

One of my favorite episodes is when Will goes back to Philly and everyone's still clowning on him for running away.

Mononofu

Half-and-half said:
Goat? Hmm tough call, tough call. It certainly lasted several seasons and had many memorable moments. I'll give it top 5 maybe.

One of my favorite episodes is when Will goes back to Philly and everyone's still clowning on him for running away.

Yeah I was just messing around with that comment. Still my favorite "black family" show.

Gamer98 said:

Maybe he took offense of your use of the term "nig" to address another person.

I'm the same way, there is no way you can call yourself a friend of mine if you address me as any variation of the n-word. My friends use the word all the time, and they are free to do so but they respect me enough not to use to on me. I've never directly told them not to, but I think they've picked it up from how I have never uttered the word myself.

Gamer98

Banned
fudgey_lumpkins said:
Maybe he took offense of your use of the term "nig" to address another person.

I'm the same way, there is no way you can call yourself a friend of mine if you address me as any variation of the n-word. My friends use the word all the time, and they are free to do so but they respect me enough not to use to on me. I've never directly told them not to, but I think they've picked it up from how I have never uttered the word myself.

O wow. My bad then.

Londa

Banned
lightless_shado said:
You've got nothing to lose.

Also I was browsing around on IMDB and I saw this has anyone seen this movie?

I've seen that movie. I personally think its stupid. :p

I have no pictures really showing off my hair that well. :(

My hair:

2GBDQ.png

I don't put any stuff in it and only shampoo once a week. I rinse it every other day. People ask to touch it all the time.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
That first pic was actually a day or two before I cut it. I decided to mess around w/ it before I did so. It was long enough that I could apply some heat to it and comb through it relatively easily.

The Al Sharpton isn't for me, though

Londa

Banned
did flickr change, how do I share my photo? <_<

nvm.. here it is- couldn't find really good pics. Sorry

(image no longer here)

Photo was taken off of my facebook (you can barely see my hair). I was trying to show off what I got from club nintendo. No one on facebook cared. Hair was straighten with a Maxi Glide.

(image no longer here)

Normal hair. Can not for the life of me get the waves out when pulled back. My hair is longer than this now.

facebook pics ftl..

Lebron

I'd so rock the Kat Williams hair or rolls if I could, but I can't grow an afro or anything for shit. My hair stays naturally low, no matter how long I let it grow. All went to shit after my first haircut as a baby. Mom said I had nice hair, but after the cut the slave hair substituted in and hasn't taken a break since. Fail genes are fail :(

I don't really have any pictures that show off my hair. It's thick and curly and in cornrows right now. I do have a picture from when I straightened it awhile back but I don't like the picture lol.

Londa

Banned
ChocolateCupcakes said:
2. I just don't post often.

Unless there is someone else I'm not aware of?

nice to meet you. :)

StinkFist said:
I'm very happy there's a black female perspective here. Welcome to the Black Illuminati, Londa.

m_b7dbfe524da14dbbb44e257e4dfaa3de.jpg

Not a good hair shot, huh.

Thanks and nice hair cut. :)

Black girls are play games and posting in your forums like ninjas. :D

royalan

My mother's a hairstylist, so when I was younger and lived at home she had total control over my hair. That was all well and good with me, but when I moved away for college I was afraid of going to anyone else to get my hair cut. So I let it grow out and do its own thing, I just wash it regularly and toss in some pink lotion every now and then. I snip with scissors whenever it gets too unruly.

Now my hair is sort of my calling card. I love it. My mother? Not so much.

IMG00448.jpg

Londa

Banned
royalan said:
My mother's a hairstylist, so when I was younger and lived at home she had total control over my hair. That was all well and good with me, but when I moved away for college I was afraid of going to anyone else to get my hair cut. So I let it grow out and do its own thing, I just wash it regularly and toss in some pink lotion every now and then. I snip with scissors whenever it gets too unruly.

Now my hair is sort of my calling card. I love it. My mother? Not so much.

IMG00448.jpg

I think that you have a lot of confidence to rock that style.

Top Bottom