• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

TacticalFox88 said:
Is it a blessing or a curse when people think you're younger than you are? People say I look 18 or 19 when I'm 25. I don't know whether that's a complement or an insult

Yep, I feel the same...we were talking about hair right...

Ed2ll.jpg

I just got a cut so it's thinner than you see. Probably never going to grow out my hair again.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
mr jones said:
So, how do y'all feel about hockey?

I've never really cared for it, but I work for a company where a lot of the folks are really into it. After going to a few games, I'm... actually starting to like it.

It was sorta fun being able to put my kid in the Stanley Cup, too...

_MG_9076.jpg

i wouldnt mind giving it a shot. i understand the basic rules, but there were no hockey clubs or teams in my area growing up, so missed opportunity.

Londa said:
Just spendin my Friday blown.

i envy you. i havent done that in such a long time.

Londa

Banned
Parallax said:
i wouldnt mind giving it a shot. i understand the basic rules, but there were no hockey clubs or teams in my area growing up, so missed opportunity.

i envy you. i havent done that in such a long time.

blown = mad o_O

My wheel was flat because I let someone borrow the car while I was at work. When I get off work, the tire is flat with a huge nail in it.

Parallax

Londa said:
blown = mad o_O

My wheel was flat because I let someone borrow the car while I was at work. When I get off work, the tire is flat with a huge nail in it.

oh, i thought you meant the other blown... nevermind then....

mr jones said:
So, how do y'all feel about hockey?
1.) Hockey video games are fun as shit with friends.

2.) Michigan hockey is the shit.

3.) Like most sports, it's very entertaining if you give it a chance. Personally, though, Baseball, basketball and football are enough for me and my sports needs.

Parallax

Londa said:
It's weird to see this because just last year everyone on gaf hated me. lol

your name isnt riskychris, costanza, or greatnessgone, so i dont see how thats possible.

Lebron

Londa said:
You never visited the FFXIV thread. lol
:p

Hockey is like soccer. It's boring as shit to watch people play(at least to me), but it's fun to play. I played it with friends all through HS(field), then played a few times(ice) here and back in Chicago. I realized there's no reason for one man to be that sore, so I stopped hah

Lebron

It's not as boring as soccer, but I still couldn't set through an entire game if I tried. I remember going to some Blackhawks games and either playing on my phone most of the time, eating and not paying attention at all, or literally falling asleep. Just can't do it.

My Fridays have been pretty tame lately. The weeks are generally really busy for me and Mrs. Better-half. Tonight, we're going to just relax at home and chat over a bottle of:

henny-2.jpg

If I wasn't so tired, I'd get into some Torchlight.

Tokubetsu

Half-and-half said:
My Fridays have been pretty tame lately. The weeks are generally really busy for me and Mrs. Better-half. Tonight, we're going to just relax at home and chat over a bottle of:

henny-2.jpg

If I wasn't so tired, I'd get into some Torchlight.

When you getting into a bottle of henne with a better half, there will definitely be a lot of "talking."

aktham

TacticalFox88 said:
Londa is black AND Female? Holy. Fucking. Shit.

One of my ex's was a black girl (she looked Latina) and she posted on some forums. She was big into WoW. Her life spiraled out of control after we broke up tho.

Parallax

Lebron said:
It's not as boring as soccer, but I still couldn't set through an entire game if I tried. I remember going to some Blackhawks games and either playing on my phone most of the time, eating and not paying attention at all, or literally falling asleep. Just can't do it.

true. the only time ive been able to watch it was when fox illuminated the puck. and the only reason that was is because it reminded me of 3 on 3 hockey that midway put out

Londa said:
You never visited the FFXIV thread. lol

i havent played a main number ff since 9, so nope

Lebron said:
That Henne can take you placesI tell ya.

Kanye and Artest can cosign on that.

im more of a bourbon and whiskey man myself. but my cousin loves hen.

Londa

Banned
aktham said:
One of my ex's was a black girl (she looked Latina) and she posted on some forums. She was big into WoW. Her life spiraled out of control after we broke up tho.

I have self control I haven't played FFXIV for two months because grades are more important. (also SE is screwing up the game)

StinkFist

Banned
Londa said:
I have self control I haven't played FFXIV for two months because grades are more important. (also SE is screwing up the game)

What's you're major?

I almost have my BA in Business Management (Marketing). Hoping to get into Advertising.

StinkFist

Banned
Half an hour ago I was playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer with some friends who I are vanilla. Some southern dick just kept spouting all types of obscenities. I believe he was vanilla as well. After the round was over, he went into overdrive. At that point I joined in the shit talking fest and told him to "go pick some damn cotton". I never an entire room bust out in a massive universal lol.

I need to get out more on weekends. But no money. College and jobless.

Travelling's expensive in NYC. :(

Parallax said:
your name isnt riskychris, costanza, or greatnessgone, so i dont see how thats possible.
I sorta miss Greatness Gone... Weird, I know. But still. First "character" I encountered when I started visiting GAF.

Half-and-half said:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/KimchiAndChicken/henny-2.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
COME AT ME BRO.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XPCU8l.jpg

Oreo Cookie FTW.

Londa said:
Graphic Design atm. Been into art for forever.

Thats a fine career choice. I have a Bachelor of Applied Arts Illustration degree. These days though I'm mostly a practitioner of graphic design, but I still do illustration sometimes.

Londa said:
Graphic Design atm. Been into art for forever.

Nice, so am I. you post any of your stuff in one of the art threads here?

I wish there was an R&B thread here, I'd make one, but y'know, junior and all. Anyway, here is some of the stuff I've been listening to recently.

Lauryn Hill's Sweetest Thing

Jill Scott's Gettin' in The Way

Trey Songz Gotta Go

Words and Sounds volume 1 and THe Miseducation of Lauryn Hill are great, great albums of course, but I think Trey Songz first album is pretty underrated, don't like much of his new stuff though.

Londa

Banned
computers putin' said:
Nice, so am I. you post any of your stuff in one of the art threads here?

I wish there was an R&B thread here, I'd make one, but y'know, junior and all. Anyway, here is some of the stuff I've been listening to recently.

Lauryn Hill's Sweetest Thing

Jill Scott's Gettin' in The Way

Trey Songz Gotta Go

Words and Sounds volume 1 and THe Miseducation of Lauryn Hill are great, great albums of course, but I think Trey Songz first album is pretty underrated, don't like much of his new stuff though.

Yeah, I posted some in the Graphic Design one but I think it only had 3 pages. lol
This is one little character I made, that didn't get used.

mascot1prev.png

MWS Natural said:
Such a relative word lol, but no it's not expensive at all.

Hehe true true, I guess I should've said expensive compared to other types of Hennessy.

Like at my liquor store there's some Henne that's $125 for a 750ml bottle. Never had it, but that shits gotta flavorful.

aktham

Londa said:

She was actually more into Runescape? IIRC. You're way better tho :p You have goals and still in school. She's a dropout loser.

Why are my GAF brothers hatin' on soccer/football?
Freshman year at the uni
183709_511068378479_76803668_30010192_6384_n.jpg

Current pic for negro-gaf

220226_615339298719_76803668_33372913_4260215_o.jpg

Alright, so here are my beverages for this evening:

beer.jpg

Old Chub Scotch Ale - 8% alcohol from Oskar Blues Brewery in Longmont, CO (never had this one)

Fuller's ESB - From the at Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, West London. A household favorite.

Wells Bombardier - From Eagle Brewery in Bedford, England. Not bad, but more my wife's thing.

StinkFist

Banned
Anyone of yous down with twitter? If so, I'm sunnyinbrooklyn.

Having the most boring weekend possible. Definitely need to make some more friends.

@Aktham
You should have ghost ride the whip in that picture.

Top Bottom