• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

Whooter

I think by the end of the season they may have reverted to Megan Boone's actual hair.

If it was still a wig, it got better...

I think by the end of the season they may have reverted to Megan Boone's actual hair.

If it was still a wig, it got better...

She still had the wig in the last episodes, but you're right that she had shorter hair for one episode or so. I was like, "finally they got rid of the wig", and then it was back for the next episode.

Just saw the pilot. Spader is awesome, show seems hilariously average. Is the pilot misrepresentative of the show or is it always like this?

It's the James Spader Show. The rest never really rise above. Dembe succeeds by being quiet around Spader.

Just saw the pilot. Spader is awesome, show seems hilariously average. Is the pilot misrepresentative of the show or is it always like this?
I think it would be better received if it were titled as "Cool James Spader surrounded by idiots thriller"

DieH@rd

Banned
Just watched entire S1 over the last week, and show is pretty great!

Spader is simply magnificent, rest is OK. Very nice season-wide story, I was quite impressed with it.

TheOddOne

Season 2 premieres today:
Season 2: episode 1 "Lord Baltimore"

RED CONFRONTS AN IMPORTANT PERSON FROM HIS PAST - Red continues to battle Berlin and faces a new threat from a man named Lord Baltimore. An important person comes back from the past into Red's world. Meanwhile, Liz tries to move forward with her life after her showdown with Tom.
- NBC: Season 2 trailer (Youtube, 2:10)

commedieu

Banned
Just caught season 1 on netflix. I said Gad damn, enjoyable show. The Posters/Ad's are all 100% horrible. I had no idea this was James Spader. Thought it was just some chubby old man doing an al-capone show or something.

Very refreshing.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The way this concept of this season seems to be playing out so far, it definitely seems likt the writers have a plan.

pariah164

Woooo damn. That was a strong start. (Episode and promo spoilers ahoy,)

So the gang is back together, Liz got a hair cut, someone (possibly Tom?) is watching Liz, and motherfucking Berlin is torturing Red's former wife. It was nice to see Liz actually do something in this episode, but was the fanservice at the start of the episode really necessary? Granted, there is not much people to GIVE said fanservice but still. For once, Liz is properly paranoid. It works, I guess.

It was fun! Same time next week?

BBboy20

Woooo damn. That was a strong start. (Episode and promo spoilers ahoy,)

So the gang is back together, Liz got a hair cut, someone (possibly Tom?) is watching Liz, and motherfucking Berlin is torturing Red's former wife. It was nice to see Liz actually do something in this episode, but was the fanservice at the start of the episode really necessary? Granted, there is not much people to GIVE said fanservice but still. For once, Liz is properly paranoid. It works, I guess.

It was fun! Same time next week?
People sometimes do wear just their underwear sometimes.

RangersFan

This show is fading fast for me. With the glut of shows already on my watch list that premiere puts it on the bubble of my cut list. Season 1 was good, but I was feeling so so about the show until bad ass Tom Keen showed up. I continue to watch because Spader as Red is awesome and I'm a sucker for show ending musical montage's.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow returning the same week, have I died and gone to heaven?

RangersFan

I will be knocking this show off my list soon if it doesn't pick up. Just not captivating enough anymore. Tom Keen intervention needed.

I'm burning through season one. It's pretty bland television. Except for Spader. A man who could piss into my ear and I'd still love him. Any excuse to hear him pronounce words is fine by me.

If I squint it's almost like I'm watching Boston Legal.

JoeNut

just watched the first episode of season 2 and i must say i love this show, season one got absolutely fantastic by the end and it's looking to me like it could carry on that way.
I heard netflix have bought this for some crazy money and im really surprised it's not getting quite as much love as i'd expect so far.

pariah164

So I realize I got quiet. I am about a week behind since I DVR the show; my housemates like NCIS: LA and I get outvoted for the TV on Mondays now that it's back. However, I'm putting my money in the 'Lizzie is Berlin's daughter' pot. Farfetched, I know, and we probably won't learn anything till after the holidays in that regard.

Also, is Lizzie's actress wearing a short hair wig? Or is that her real hair? My hair radar has never been good, and for some reason, it looks odd to me.

As always, based James Spader was the best part of the episode.

Great episode. Red had some wonderful lines, especially the "grapefruit gusher." Hoping we'll maybe get /some/ answers next week? Not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding season 2 to be quite an improvement over the first season, in terms of pacing and character growth. Loving what they're doing with Liz at least. She's become more compelling as of late.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, it's already been shown in season 1, but Red is an absolute asshole in choosing which blacklist target to reveal next, lol.

I know it's purposely done as such, but Liz flip-flopping on Red vs Tom is getting a bit old, especially with Tom only persent in visions. She keeps going through the 'trust-> don't trust-> reveal some new info that they totally care about her" cycle again, but at least this time she's realizing Red's sphere of influence in a more adroit manner with the new agent.

benjipwns

Banned
Also, is Lizzie's actress wearing a short hair wig? Or is that her real hair? My hair radar has never been good, and for some reason, it looks odd to me.
The actress has had short hair which is why they gave her in a wig in the first season. Really, the whole hair situation is a top three mystery on the show.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Either way Lizzie is looking smoking this season, dunno what has changed but she just looks way hotter.

Reddington "You know... <insert backstory>" getting tired of this. its like an Old man who has nobody to talk to
Lizzie don't leave ur window blinds open so people can take a peek on ur Creeper Board

benjipwns

Banned
"Hey, I was just bringing you fresh towels and wondered if you noticed you had this connection between these two shadowy figures backwards."

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm genuinely enjoying this season more than the first. Specifically, it has to do with the characterization of Liz, in that she comes across as more nuanced and intelligent (tbh). A lot of shit happened in season 1, and I love that they're exploring the impact that Red has had on her. Also, in general, I find that the writing/pacing seems tighter. Now, can we please open that door?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm genuinely enjoying this season more than the first. Specifically, it has to do with the characterization of Liz, in that she comes across as more nuanced and intelligent (tbh). A lot of shit happened in season 1, and I love that they're exploring the impact that Red has had on her. Also, in general, I find that the writing/pacing seems tighter. Now, can we please open that door?

she's been given a lot more agency, and it shows in how she's learning from and copying Red's methods a lot of the time.

I do think Red is still going on a bit too much about how he knows Joe Blow the tracker or the weekly 'whoever is helping him achieve his objective this week'. The cleaner is cool, as is the new guy from two episodes ago, but it just seems...repetitious, at some point.

Also, Liz's protective agent seems to be quite easily fooled by the sessions. I'd imagine Red would be looking at her files (though he did get in trouble for that from her in S1, I think)

Personally, I'd be willing to bet, from the 'hype' that's going on, that the door's holding
........Tom.........

Don't really know what else could be in there given the mystery around it. Would like to be wrong though. Red has
Enough ambiguity, if it brings in both his and tom's, things are gonna get annoyingly dumb again

Gibbo

Yup i binged watched season 2 last weekend, and i find this to be better than the first season. I am abit disappointed that the whole thing with Berlin amounted to nothing much though. The last scene in ep 4 felt like it ended with them saying 'so we're cool? Cool'

Personally, I'd be willing to bet, from the 'hype' that's going on, that the door's holding
........Tom.........

Don't really know what else could be in there given the mystery around it. Would like to be wrong though. Red has
Enough ambiguity, if it brings in both his and tom's, things are gonna get annoyingly dumb again

I'd agree with your guess. And I'm hoping there's some form of resolution in the next episode with the door and its contents. The girl that Red's been looking for, that he's apparently located at the end of this episode, is only around for a few episodes.
So I'm wondering if she's potentially connected to Berlin? Hell, I have no idea, but I've been throwing around the idea that maybe Red's daughter wasn't /actually/ his daughter, and maybe just Naomi's?

Yup i binged watched season 2 last weekend, and i find this to be better than the first season. I am abit disappointed that the whole thing with Berlin amounted to nothing much though. The last scene in ep 4 felt like it ended with them saying 'so we're cool? Cool'

I don't think that'll be the last we see of Berlin. He's still around, and we have plenty of episodes left to return to him.

v1lla21

I enjoyed this episode and so far I'm enjoying this season more. I don't get annoyed by Red's back stories though, they are fun even if repetitive.

Top Bottom