• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

Good episode, but am I missing something or did they magically go from Alaska to the DC area in the blink of an eye? Seemed so abrupt.

Good episode, but am I missing something or did they magically go from Alaska to the DC area in the blink of an eye? Seemed so abrupt.

The continuity was all over the place. The prison is up by Alaska, but they sent fighter jets from Ohio that got there in minutes. The chopper with Hellboy lands in Anchorage then they are suddenly near DC.
Also Navabi was shot in the leg when they landed on the prison, then later while still in the same clothes and bloody, she is walking around without even a limp.

The first episode's action was great, but the story seemed to go nowhere. The Fulcrum is just the new "Berlin", something to move the plot along. Plus, just come out an say Red is Liz's father it is so obvious.

The continuity was all over the place. The prison is up by Alaska, but they sent fighter jets from Ohio that got there in minutes. The chopper with Hellboy lands in Anchorage then they are suddenly near DC.
Also Navabi was shot in the leg when they landed on the prison, then later while still in the same clothes and bloody, she is walking around without even a limp.

The first episode's action was great, but the story seemed to go nowhere. The Fulcrum is just the new "Berlin", something to move the plot along. Plus, just come out an say Red is Liz's father it is so obvious.

The thing that stops me from believing that is that Liz asked him directly about that and he said no. Later on he said that he has never lied to her (not telling her stuff is a different matter). But we'll see eventually.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
The box pulled out from the rabbit looked like a music box. I'm guessing Liz's memories can be triggered by music. That would tie back to the music box Red made for her. She probably has the Fulcrum in her head and it requires a trigger to get out.

I have no idea what's going on with Red's storyline this episode, haha. I had to Google who Alan Fitch is and had no idea that was Alan Alda's character's name. So he found a safe that belonged to that guy, found a number inside of it, and now there's some mysterious dude on the other end? And there was a Presidential car under the cult dudes compound that had a mystery case in it?
A bit too much going on in this episode IMO.

And didn't last week end with the detective finding the dead body of the harbor guy that Liz's ex-husband killed? It seems weird that wasn't mentioned at all this episode. I can't tell if these episodes are out of order for some reason or if they're just doing a bad job of linking the plotlines together week to week.

I think the midseason finale of this show really hurt the flow of this season. It was so long that I've forgotten a lot of those older storylines (like who Alan Fitch was), so now whenever they're brought up I have to be reminded who is who and what happened all that time ago.

RS4-

Lol yeah, what's up with the Presidential car, the case, the business card. Still a damn good show though.

The resolution to Kean's murder problem was a little too handwavey and super predictable, but I am never that much of a fan of b-plots that threaten to completely undo the main character like this.

Oh joy... a clip show. I haven't seen one of these in a while.

I've found the past couple of episodes kinda boring. Maybe that's why this thread seems all but dead.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Oh joy... a clip show. I haven't seen one of these in a while.

I've found the past couple of episodes kinda boring. Maybe that's why this thread seems all but dead.
The whole arc of Berlin this, Berlin that, the whole blacklist is so Red can protect himself from Berlin - Berlin does nothing, Berlin is dead was terrible and really soured me on the show. If they don't deliver something worthwhile by the end of the season I am done.

The whole arc of Berlin this, Berlin that, the whole blacklist is so Red can protect himself from Berlin - Berlin does nothing, Berlin is dead was terrible and really soured me on the show. If they don't deliver something worthwhile by the end of the season I am done.

The potential court case drama is the thing that has really lost me. It almost seems as if they've filled the show with this unnecessary drama in order to accommodate James Spader's Avengers 2 shooting schedule.

mm04

This show has been fading from my radar, but I actually paid attention during this episode because Lizzie was such an idiot about keeping Tom on that boat. Now I'm curious how this works out. That being said, I hate recap episodes too and she shared entirely too much with the judge. It's classified, but I'll sing like a bird with a little prodding.

maxcriden

This was a really, really odd kind of clip show. I couldn't fast forward the episode because ex were actually getting new insight and perspective with the voiceover during the clips. So we watched the whole thing, and it was better than last week's odd, super paint-by-numbers kind of episode, but ultimately it was still a clip show and not terribly exciting. You could really see the writing stretch to fit the idea of recapping the series for a character and for the audience and I found it difficult to suspend my disbelief in that way. I dunno. I do like the show, just want it to get into a more interesting groove again.

poppabk

The potential court case drama is the thing that has really lost me. It almost seems as if they've filled the show with this unnecessary drama in order to accommodate James Spader's Avengers 2 shooting schedule.
Well its completely nonsensical. There have been bodies piling up left and right, chases and shoot-outs in the streets, explosions and on and on. The cops never asked one question. This guy shows up dead and its suddenly an issue.

bluehat9

Judge probably works for the secret world government that is afraid of the fulcrum info or whatever. And did I miss what happened to the 'Red finds the phone number in the safe plot' or did that guy just get killed?

I give up on this. This second season has just been too damn boring and there is nothing going on that seems even interesting. The bad guy of the week has gotten less interesting, anything Keen has coming at her is less interesting, the show just seems pretty aimless at the moment. Not sure what has happened but the show lost me.

"Hey remember that skar on Keen's wrist that we haven't talked about since episode 4 of the first season? That's back!"

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 18

So close to getting some answers flipstable.gif

I still watched it
I kind of like that Trial Liz went because it's one of those minor characters getting killed and in some show forgotten next episode. At least here it showed some consequences

Sure Red getting. He's not gonna die but it's still nice seeing it

spookyfish

Can't wait to see what hashtags NBC comes up with for the next few episodes ...

#tomkeenisinterestingnow

#youwishyourfakehusbandwasascoolastomkeen

#howmanymoreofthesewillwehavetodoabouthashtagtomkeen??

RangersFan

I will finish out the season but that's it. I don't care how good the end of the season is there is nothing that will get me to watch season 3.

I will finish out the season but that's it. I don't care how good the end of the season is there is nothing that will get me to watch season 3.

It's super weird how everything super accelerated the past two episodes. We went from "hey there's this shadowy cabal that no one knows what the fuck about and this mysterious fulcrum thingy" to "HEY HERES WHAT THE FULCRUM IS. WE KNOW ALL THE MEMBERS OH AND BY THE WAY WE KNOW THEIR EVIL PLAN"

RangersFan

Well shit, that was a good finale. But I stand by my statement.

I watch too many damn shows as is. Got to start weeding out the ones I could live without. Bye Blacklist.

It was ok, but I cannot accept that she would sleep with Tom. What has he done to show he is trust worthy. As a character, she has been much too strong to let him get that close again. But aside from that, I did like her leaving with Red. It piqued my interest.

Touch

Just caught myself up tonight. At this point, I'm at a lost. I still think Red is her father for some reason. I just don't see why he would go through with all he does if it was anything else. If he really isn't her father than I just don't know how they play this out.

Maury couldn't even solve this case.

poppabk

Well shit, that was a good finale. But I stand by my statement.

I watch too many damn shows as is. Got to start weeding out the ones I could live without. Bye Blacklist.
Yeah I am out as well. I love James spader in this, but this drip feed of info coupled with a constant abandoning of plot points - Berlin, fulcrum - is just annoying. The plots of the standalone episodes have been pretty terrible as well.

Just caught myself up tonight. At this point, I'm at a lost. I still think Red is her father for some reason. I just don't see why he would go through with all he does if it was anything else. If he really isn't her father than I just don't know how they play this out.

Maury couldn't even solve this case.

I think she's his love child with her mother. Her "Dad" that she thinks was her actual father wasn't her biological father. Double dad fakeout sounds right up this show's alley.

That or he's was totally in Professor Snape with her mom.

benjipwns

Banned
the_blacklist.jpg

blacklist comic is out lol

Seems like it's following the shows plot but as like second tier canon, it's being worked on with some feedback from the show team supposedly and after the first storyline will do sidestories, background, etc. stuff with Ressler, Aran and crew.

Aran and Cooper are the only people who look even remotely like they actually do.

So I'm watching Season 2.

Didn't know Dante Nero was that big.

Liz gets on my nerves now, ever since that thing happened on the boat. She's very selfish but maybe that's a plot point.

I'm with Braxton. Reddington is stuck up and cocky, and I wish someone would take him down a peg. I'm fine with him being that way, but he shouldn't be able to walk into a room of other criminals and tell them what they're going to do and get away with it. Like when he gathered all of Braxtons associates and beat the hell out that dude.

Second episode of s1, when they showed the first hints of the Drmbe back story, I was like cool. But now were into season 2, and he still doesn't get any lines or character development, except a flashback that's used to show why reddington is so passionate about a cause. Its insane. And I its jarring, dude is barely a full character like those two token black people they had on The Newsroom.

I like the new girl. The hacker dude is cool. I wish you know who died in season 1.

ty_hot

Cool episode. I watched the second season last week, in 3 days. it's gonna be hard to wait a week for each episode =/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can honestly say I have no idea where they are going with the show, which is cool

A mod should change the title tho

Top Bottom