• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

This show. This fucking show ugh.

How did Tom go from idgaf to the greatest character?

Also the FBI and Red can go die. The FBI are sooooo frickin incompetent its ridiculous. "Why not check where the helicopter has been?" "OMG Red ur so rite".

And Red...this guy...

Anyway can we just have the Tom Keen show please? I want more Keen/Bourne shoot outs and chase scenes.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah this was fucking weird. Is the show doing so badly that they needed to do this?Oh well looking forward to seeing what Lizzy tries to sell us next week.

I think it's a new thing. Suits has a commercial with Jessica talking about how much she loves Lexus and jazz as they drive around.

It's so corny.

Maddocks

How can lizzy be in the FBI and the first thing she does is break his thumb, isnt that things not to do 101?

I was one of the people who hated the tom subplot, hated. Now I can say I actually love it, they actually sold him being a bitch early in the season so when he became a badass it totally works.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
How can lizzy be in the FBI and the first thing she does is break his thumb, isnt that things not to do 101?

Lizzy isn't a very good FBI agent - first off, she essentially alerts Tom when she goes to spy on him (when Red pretty much had Tom under constant surveillance and it's not smart for someone like Liz to spy on someone like Tom when Tom is VERY familiar of what Liz looks like) and then she breaks Tom's thumb when he's wearing handcuffs.

On the first point, I almost think it would have been better for Liz to admit to being in the Archives and creating some type of excuse than to deny it.

Deku Tree

LOL the writing on this show is so terribly bad. The only reason for the long drawn out reveal of all the back story involving who Tom works for, and Red's background with Liz, and Liz's father, etc, is because it is going to be completely underwhelming and contrived.

LOL the writing on this show is so terribly bad. The only reason for the long drawn out reveal of all the back story involving who Tom works for, and Red's background with Liz, and Liz's father, etc, is because it is going to be completely underwhelming and contrived.

The problem is that they've built it up to be this such big revelation that it is bound to be underwhelming.

We'll see.

pariah164

This episode was 'meh' overall for me
save for the bit at the end; knew that would come to bite Red in the ass eventually
. But the next episode preview?

M2I7dIQ.gif

(Promo spoilers.)
Ohhh boy. Lizzie is finally putting her brain to use. BERLIN IS A PERSON. Is this who Tom works for? He's been going after Red the whole time? Aaaaah. Two episodes left; summer is gonna suck till Blacklist comes back.

Mononoke

Banned
My biggest issue with the show is Lizzy. I was totally cool with her at first. I mean she was an analyst/profiler not a field agent, so her personality and skill level made sense. But then they made her a front line agent because Red's demands. Okay. But how many times does she basically blow the mission? How many times does she alert the suspect and break into a chase only to lose the perp?

They do everything to make you hate her. She's so incompetent and stupid. I was raging out when she bolted out of Red's car and alerted Tom, then later that night she scolds Red for always talking about patience. And the kicker? That cringe inducing scene where Red tells Lizzy she deserves everything. Made me sick. How high can she be put on a pedestal while being an insufferable fool?

I'm totally fine with the crap writing. This show is enjoyable in a cheesy way. I loved the monster of the week style episodes in the first half of the season. Spader is always fun to watch. But man they keep pushing Lizzy further and further down.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This show us really starting to get into The Following territory where the 'smart' characters are only smart relative to the dumbness of the other characters. It's like they can't come up with ways to write the characters to actually be smart or insightful. James Spader is really carrying the show, although the more morose James Spader of the last episode isn't as fun.

Tamanon

Banned
Yo, Liz isn't fucking around today.

I feel this show has too many "People shuffling around pieces of paper and drawing lines" montages.

Tamanon

Banned
It's always hilarious how much the FBI ruins things by just driving as fast and as loud as possible instead of setting up multiple groups and blocking escape routes.

pariah164

I can't even form anything close to coherent about my feelings concerning this episode and the finale promo, so have a gif:

BpwSkIv.gif

I want nothing more tan for Tom to live. And to get some answers. I would be okay with Agent Keen passing away though.

Considering she's the main character, I doubt that will ever happen.

Oh, and I think I have cracked the show's mystery. Berlin is the man who killed Red's family. In retaliation, Red kidnapped his daughter and gave her to his friend Sam, whom he named Elizabeth. Berlin had been searching for his daughter for the past 30 or so years, until he found her. He then sent his agent "Tom" to get close to her, so that 1) he could keep tabs on her and 2) eventually get to Red. So Elizabeth is important to both parties because she is the bridge via which Berlin and Red will find and try to kill each other, because they both destroyed the other's family. They are the two sides of the same coin.

pswii60

I lost interest in this show when I realised it was just yet another procedural. Do the story arcs take over further in to the season? Is it worth me revisiting?

Oh, and I think I have cracked the show's mystery. Berlin is the man who killed Red's family. In retaliation, Red kidnapped his daughter and gave her to his friend Sam, whom he named Elizabeth. Berlin had been searching for his daughter for the past 30 or so years, until he found her. He then sent his agent "Tom" to get close to her, so that 1) he could keep tabs on her and 2) eventually get to Red. So Elizabeth is important to both parties because she is the bridge via which Berlin and Red will find and try to kill each other, because they both destroyed the other's family. They are the two sides of the same coin.

this... is actually not a bad theory. i would be ok if this was how things played out.

Tamanon

Banned
I lost interest in this show when I realised it was just yet another procedural. Do the story arcs take over further in to the season? Is it worth me revisiting?

Honestly at this point, the procedural part only exists for a reason or Reddington to do something with his plan. It's really taken a back seat.

maxcriden

That's an excellent theory! I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing.

RangersFan

Very plausible.

Top Bottom