• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Remembering a 'bump' classic

Picture2-4.png

wozniacki+lisciki.jpg

wozniacki_lisciki+2.jpg

wozniacki_lisciki+3.jpg

mclem

For once I'm actually willing it to rain, and do so hard. It'd be wonderful if I actually got a chance to *see* Heather play over the weekend, rather than just glance at liveblogs during quiet moments.

Jay Sosa

Just read that Nadal lost..pretty amazing considering it's basically the same surface as RG.

:p

"Right now I'm angry about it because I don't expect it here," he added.

"Even though it is against English guy who they always want to win, but I don't expect it here."

He should shut up and learn to hit groundstrokes. Compared to Karlovic Rusedski was a tennis god.

mclem

Murray better win this or atleast get to the finals.This is his best chance.

Wasn't there one a few years back when Fed went out surprisingly early? I thought *that* was Murray's best chance, too. I'll believe it when I see it :)

Edit: Can't find it. I'm sure there was an event when a major player went out early, everyone got excited about how this increased the Brit's chances, then the Brit failed to progress much further. Could easily have been from the Henman/Rusedski era instead, or maybe I'm thinking of the Wimbledon Nadal was absent for.

szaromir

Banned
Just read that Nadal lost..pretty amazing considering it's basically the same surface as RG.

:p
That's not what I said back then. :p Anyway, the conditions yesterday were much faster - it was a hot and dry day and some of the grass wore off.

Will they close the roof right off the bat today?

Jay Sosa

That's not what I said back then. :p Anyway, the conditions yesterday were much faster - it was a hot and dry day and some of the grass wore off.

Will they close the roof right off the bat today?

:D Just trolling.

Now just Djokovic has to lose and I'm happy. Nothing personal against the Djoker just would be nice to see someone else win a GS. As long as it's not Delpo. He's even less charismatic than Berdych.

Wasn't there one a few years back when Fed went out surprisingly early? I thought *that* was Murray's best chance, too. I'll believe it when I see it :)

Edit: Can't find it. I'm sure there was an event when a major player went out early, everyone got excited about how this increased the Brit's chances, then the Brit failed to progress much further. Could easily have been from the Henman/Rusedski era instead, or maybe I'm thinking of the Wimbledon Nadal was absent for.
I figure if i keep saying it he'll atcually win Wimbledon and every Brit can finally shut up.

mclem

I figure if i keep saying it he'll atcually when Wimbledon and every Brit can finally shut up.

Hey, c'mon, we've not had good news since Fred Perry. Let us have hope. If it gets dashed, so be it, at least there's been some bright light in our drab little lives in the meantime.

IISANDERII

Nadal wasn't complaining about Rosol dancing or waving as he wanted to serve, he was complaining about sounds he was making. They turned up the mics for the 5th set and you could hear it a few times.
Reminds me when Krajicek complained about somebody in the audience coughing right before his serves. He asked the umpire if he it wouldn't be too much trouble to get the man cough medicine. heh

edit: The Rosol press conference is finally posted
2nd edit: 2 fucking questions, that's it?

From looking at the live-text, Djoko isn't having as bad a match as Nadal did after 1 set. I still think he'll win but after last night, who knows?

If Djoko does go out, someone should investigate Federer and see if he's using any voodoo dolls :D

MIMIC

Banned
Uh oh. Another upset in the making?

LOL hell no. Djoker has won every rally over 4 shots even though he was sleep walking through that entire 1st set. An awful line call robbed Novak of the break in the 1st.

He is awake now, up a break in the 2nd.

mclem

Holy moly:

Rosol in 5th (compared to match overall) 1st serves: 83% (67%) 1st serve pts won 95% (83%) winners 20 (65) Un.errors 2 (29). What pressure? @MikeHensonBBC

Guy was a demon in the last set.

Damn wished I could've seen the naval match, hopefully it's still on watch espn. The Murray thing with the linesmen, if it's true there only so far they can take it. I just don't care for the guy, it's very annoying how a lot of people hype him up and try to include him into the big 3.

Wes

venison crêpe
lalz. I remember us talking Vaidisova way back when she was a prospect. What a complete disaster that career was.

Indeed I thought you would remember. Everytime I pick a woman to get excited about (har harr) they end up flailing. Vaidisova. Ivanovic. Wozniacki.

Akito

What the hell is Sharapova doing, all what Hsieh's doing is playing the ball back.
I'm glad Sabine won her match.

Deadman

In one of the articles i was reading about the rosol-nadal match it said he has not won a non clay tournament since 2010. I found that pretty surprising but its true, October 2010 in tokyo. Federer, djokovic and murray were not there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom