• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roof closing. Murray probably going to get treatment for his ankle now and the momentum will swing back I suppose. Damn, I really wanted him to go out today.

I really don't like Murray, he's too much of a drama queen. Tim Henman was never a drama queen and probably more talented, it's just such a shame that the LTA are a bunch of wankers who are ill equipped for modern tennis and never took advantage of his talent.

MIMIC

Banned
They're both primarily defensive players, with Djokovic having better transition to offense. But if you hate that Murray is defensive minded you should dislike Djokovic as well.

Djokovic uses defense as a tactic. Murray is not only defensive, but he's a PUSHER which is even worse. Give Djokovic a ball and an open court, and he will smack it away. What does Murray do with the same ball? We've had several examples just in today's match: NOTHING. He will do nothing with it.

To even begin to equate Murray's game to Djokovic's shows a complete and utter lack of understanding about their play styles. Djokovic is not "defensive-minded". He creates openings with his defense. Murray just waits for his opponents to implode, which is why he is 0-9 in sets won in slam finals.

Jensen

I really don't like Murray, he's too much of a drama queen. Tim Henman was never a drama queen and probably more talented, it's just such a shame that the LTA are a bunch of wankers who are ill equipped for modern tennis and never took advantage of his talent.
Fair enough, I agree about him being a drama queen. I hate how he makes an effort to let everyone know he has an injury, it's very disrespectful to his opponent. But it is good for the tournament to have Murray at least make it to the quarter-finals.

Henman was a British tennis player that wasn't hard to support, if only that rain delay didn't happen Goran.

Fair enough, I agree about him being a drama queen. I hate how he makes an effort to let everyone know he has an injury, it's very disrespectful to his opponent. But it is good for the tournament to have Murray at least make it to the quarter-finals.

Henman was a British tennis player that wasn't hard to support, if only that rain delay didn't happen Goran.

Yup, that's the problem. Murray never loses because he isn't good enough, he always loses because he is injured. It is very disrespectful.

Possibly, but having been to Wimbledon with Murray in the tournament and on a day where he was on the order of play, and then once he was out, the atmosphere after he was out was much better.

szaromir

Banned
Djokovic uses defense as a tactic. Murray is not only defensive, but he's a PUSHER which is even worse. Give Djokovic a ball and an open court, and he will smack it away. What does Murray do with the same ball? We've had several examples just in today's match: NOTHING. He will do nothing with it.

To even begin to equate Murray's game to Djokovic's shows a complete and utter lack of understanding about their play styles. Djokovic is not "defensive-minded". He creates openings with his defense. Murray just waits for his opponents to implode, which is why he is 0-9 in sets won in slam finals.

You have to watch their 3 matches against each other this year to see that they are indeed very similar players. Yes Djokovic is better at transitioning to offense, but not very much so. In the Miami final the amount of 10+ shot rallies was ridiculous and Djokovic was not trigger happy at all.

MIMIC

Banned
You have to watch their 3 matches against each other this year to see that they are indeed very similar players. Yes Djokovic is better at transitioning to offense, but not very much so. In the Miami final the amount of 10+ shot rallies was ridiculous and Djokovic was not trigger happy at all.

You can rarely outhit Murray. Offense against super defense does NOT work. Djokovic has to adapt to Murray's counter-punching if he hopes to win.

That's why Djokovic has a leading H2H against Murray while Federer, the greatest player of all time, does not. Additionally, Murray has a leading H2H against two of the hardest-hitting, most offensive-minded players on tour: del Potro and Tsonga. COMBINED, they have only beaten him twice.

Anyone else cheering for Baghdatis? Hope he wins this!

Baghdatis is the moste likable character on tour, I love that guy.

It is going to be hard for Baghdatis to win, but I am also rooting for him.

I just wish they could postpone this match until monday, Been working with this fucking wimbledon since they started on monday and I am fucking tired of it now, long ass 5 set matches everyday :(

Baghdatis is the moste likable character on tour, I love that guy.

He seems like one of the few players that actually smiles and cheers towards the crowd between points/after he wins a rally, which makes him so likeable. He looks like he really enjoys himself.

I remember a memorable game with him last year where he managed to hold on for a few sets and win the crowd over because of the sheer effort he was putting in and enjoying the whole spectacle. He was almost trolling the other player. Can't remember which game it was.

MIMIC

Banned
When Murray's opponent is serving:

40-0: I will hit the ball very hard
0-40: I will let my opponent fall apart

And it's so funny when he TRIES to be offensive at critical times. He misses....BADLY because that's not his game.

When Murray's opponent is serving:

40-0: I will hit the ball very hard
0-40: I will let my opponent fall apart

And it's so funny when he TRIES to be offensive at critical times. He misses....BADLY because that's not his game.

The Wozniacki of men's tennis.

szaromir

Banned
You can rarely outhit Murray. Offense against super defense does NOT work. Djokovic has to adapt to Murray's counter-punching if he hopes to win.

That's why Djokovic has a leading H2H against Murray while Federer, the greatest player of all time, does not. Additionally, Murray has a leading H2H against two of the hardest-hitting, most offensive-minded players on tour: del Potro and Tsonga. COMBINED, they have only beaten him twice.
What is funny is that Djokovic won in AO and Miami where the courts are SLOW (which should work to Murray's advantage according to you), but in Dubai where the courts are fast Murray was the more aggressive player and winners were flying off his racket hand over fist.

Anyway, Murray definitely will not win this match playing like that.

AngryMoth

I don't know if this is just me being British but there's something about Murray's action that makes it always look like he's about to hit the net/out.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Djokovic's girlfriend is still at the top :3
Haas and Roddick have them beat, still haven't seen much better than Nadal's tho. Almost perfect!

uVtYB.jpg

BvPFp.jpg

Baghdatis you freakin' bum. Someone outta slap the shit out of Murray for acting like his body is breaking down. Him and Mowgli need to take Lyrica for thei fibromyalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom