• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaromir

Banned
Azarenka's grunt is surpassing Sharapova's now as the most annoying, my god.

I am positive players like Sharapova, Azarenka, Cadantu and Jovanovski developed their shrieks deliberately ever since they (or their junior coaches) found out Seles' grunts bothered her opponents and they couldn't do anything about it and use it as a blatant gamesmanship tactic. I refuse to believe such breathing techniques are natural.

clemenx

Banned
WHAT? Where is he? What is he doing? D:

He's Maria Kirilienko's boyfriend. He was carryin her bags as she was leaving the court.

Awz2nALCMAE5stL.jpg

I want Ivanovic to win so much. I just can't stand the sounds that Azarenka makes...

Unfortunately Ivanovic doesn't play all that well :/

Hootie

glad to hear federgod is on to the quarterfinals, but tennis.com said he was battling a back injury?? when did that happen?

Parch

The grunters are so annoying. I think the networks have finally learned to turn down the volume on the court mics to stifle the female grunters instead of emphasizing it.

Djoko vs. Troicki is the only match on right now? =(((((((((((

edit: back to back breaks...they're just screwing with each other because they're best buds, lol

If Murray can manage to finish (and win) his match by the end of today he'll be happy pushing Ferrer and Del Potro back to tmrw. That game itself could be a slugfest and the winner may well have no rest ahead of a QF.

If Murray can manage to finish (and win) his match by the end of today he'll be happy pushing Ferrer and Del Potro back to tmrw. That game itself could be a slugfest and the winner may well have no rest ahead of a QF.

Del Potro having rest is huge because he is prone to exhaustion (probably because of his size). Ferrer always makes matches 5 sets long, so if Del Potro wins, it's a safe bet he's going to be "gassed" before the QF if he doesn't get a day's rest like Murray.

IT'S A FIX!!!!!!!!

szaromir

Banned
Yep, but which match? Move Murray over or get DelPo started? Probs get DelPo's match going...

Nole looks awesome, can't see anybody stopping him here.

I think the rule of thumb is that matches should not be moved to different courts once they started? Though I wouldn't be surprised if Murray got special treatment.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
If some match does get moved, which I doubt, shouldn't it be Gasquet vs. Mayer? The winner of that one will be playing Djokovic, so would be fair they get roughly equal rest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom