• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame they can't reseed, i want my fed-nole final. whoever wins tsonga vs. murray/ferrer will bend over in straights against the superior player coming from the other SF.

of course murray will end up winning it all and make me look like an idiot.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
2 minutes to close, 25 minutes to regulate the air inside.
Thanks

They're showing old matches on my stream but don't know who those people are :(

edit, there's Agassi. How did they not realize it was a wig back then :lol

szaromir

Banned
Damn. I can definitely see Murray going through to the final now.

Feel bad for Ferrer, such a classy opponent.

I felt more sorry for him when he lost Barcelona final earlier this year. He keeps his rivalry with Murray competitive, whereas beating Nadal remains elusive since 2004.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Federer's match gave me a bit hope. He had his attitude where it should be and his backhand was doing good, even tho the opponent was not that great. If he gets that same attitude during djokovic match it might just be a good match after all

dream final would be federer - tsonga for me. coincidentally the only possible slam final that never happened before.

worst case djokovic - murray with murray winning.

szaromir

Banned
dream final would be federer - tsonga for me. coincidentally the only possible slam final that never happened before.

worst case djokovic - murray with murray winning.

Worst case is Djokovic winning. The sport needs someone other than Rafa/Nole duo winning slams.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I'm hoping for Federer-Murray final, but expect Djokovic-Murray, with Djokovic crushing.

I like Tsonga, but Fed-Murray final would just be legendary with 7th title vs. first Brit since whenever in Wimby final. Also, Fed would win in straights, so that's always good.

mclem

I like Tsonga, but Fed-Murray final would just be legendary with 7th title vs. first Brit since whenever in Wimby final. Also, Fed would win in straights, so that's always good.

If nothing else, if Murray were to make it to the final, I think Fed-Murray would result in the least shamelessly partisan crowd; Fed's just too likable.

The crowd would still be incredibly partisan, of course. Just not quite as much!

MIMIC

Banned
Worst case is Djokovic winning. The sport needs someone other than Rafa/Nole duo winning slams.

After a zillion years of Federer dominating, Djokovic would be the WORST case...with the reason being cited that someone is winning too much?

OK.

szaromir

Banned
After a zillion years of Federer dominating, Djokovic would be the WORST case...with the reason being cited that someone is winning too much?

OK.

The last 9 majors were won by Rafa/Nole, yes even Federer winning his [most likely] final slam would be a good and refreshing story breaking the current monotony.

MIMIC

Banned
Fed was in 18 of 19 slams. Novak has been in 6 of 7. There is absolutely nothing "refreshing" about Federer winning another slam.

Federer's match gave me a bit hope. He had his attitude where it should be and his backhand was doing good, even tho the opponent was not that great. If he gets that same attitude during djokovic match it might just be a good match after all

Federer didn't have to do anything really. Youzhny played one of the worst matches I've ever seen. Even Patric McEnroe was saying that. They said Youzhny's wife just gave birth a few hours before his match started, maybe that was on his mind? I dunno, but he was atrocious.

hey does anyone have the pic of a young nadal with federer on thecourt? i can't find it

This one?

Federer-d-Nadal-Wimby.jpg

szaromir

Banned
Fed was in 18 of 19 slams. Novak has been in 6 of 7. There is absolutely nothing "refreshing" about Federer winning another slam.

You mean Fed was at some point in 18 finals of 19 consecutive slams, whereas Djoker has been in 6 finals of the last 7 majors? I agree that Fedal domination was boring, and I think Djoker winning AO in 2008 or Delpo USO in 09 were very refreshing. But it's not 2008 anymore and Federer winning here would be also refreshing at this point, possibly someone else would be even better.

MIMIC

Banned
You mean Fed was at some point in 18 finals of 19 consecutive slams, whereas Djoker has been in 6 finals of the last 7 majors?

Yes.

I agree that Fedal domination was boring, and I think Djoker winning AO in 2008 or Delpo USO in 09 were very refreshing. But it's not 2008 anymore and Federer winning here would be also refreshing at this point, possibly someone else would be even better.

I didn't think Fedal was boring; it was fun watching the top guys trying to breakthrough....and Djokovic, so far, has been the only one to do it (if you exclude del Potro's win).

I don't mind domination by anyone. If you're good, you're good and it's up to everyone to catch up. Besides, I'd rather have this than the everyday nightmare called the WTA. If you want something "refreshing", then they have it in spades.

Fed - Murray final is what I hope will happen. Would be happy at either outcome from it. Djokovic would be a deserved winner too of course, I just want to see some more competition in slams.

rando14

God I hope Murray doesn't win. Rooting for Fed first, then Djokovic. Not a fan of Tsonga too much, but he deserves credit for making it this far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom