• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Whoever wins (most likely Radwanska) will get destroyed by Azarenka/Serena. Somewhat the same situation like on the men's side.

PaulLFC

Radwanska wins.

Lisicki will be back at Wimbledon for the Olympics
3AQmK.gif

How many have you seen, two?

They are both playing good tennis, just rather defensive.

I was exaggerating, but Radwanska's playing style is just agonizing to watch. I just watched a point -- 30-15, 5-4, Radwanska's serve -- where she just hit the ball right directly back to Kerber on every single shot. Kerber eventually hit a shot wide, unforced error.

Seeing the responses here, there are some people who really enjoyed this match -- maybe even their favorite of the tournament so far -- so I'll let it go -- it's just an annoying playstyle for me to watch and I thought that would also be the popular opinion around here.

Saty

I was exaggerating, but Radwanska's playing style is just agonizing to watch.
What? She played great and was aggressive - maybe even more than usual. Her game is basically to be spotless in UF, hit every ball back, anticipate and find the right time and ball to come forward with.

Radwanska was taking it to Kerber the most time and her serves were good. Even her weak spot (the 2nd serve) produced more points than Kerber's. Many people thought Kerber would out-power Radwanska off the court this match.

szaromir, can Radwanska go to #1 if Azarenka loses now? The local commentator her said she would.

szaromir

Banned
What? She played great and was aggressive - maybe even more than usual. Her game is basically to be spotless in UF, hit every ball back, anticipate and find the right time and ball to come forward with.

Radwanska was taking it to Kerber the most time and her serves were good. Even her weak spot (the 2nd serve) produced more points than Kerber's. Many people thought Kerber would out-power Radwanska off the court this match.

szaromir, can Radwanska go to #1 if Azarenka loses now? The local commentator her said she would.
Only if she beats Serena in the final.

Kerber's both 1st and 2nd serve are inferior to Radwanska's, in terms of raw speed (if only a little), placement and variety. Her ground strokes are much heavier, but her serve is crap.

clemenx

Banned
Motherfucking Kerber. Aga in a slam final is an embarrassment, more so in Wimbledon.

At least Serena looks unstoppable.

Nolan.

Kinda odd that Serena isn't making noises, maybe she doesn't feel like she's being pushed, Azarenka is just loud but I don't mind it

Nolan.

Azarenka is going to have to hope Serena looses focus on her serve or something because she can't seem to get close enough into it

szaromir

Banned
Motherfucking Kerber. Aga in a slam final is an embarrassment, more so in Wimbledon.
Why so bitter? It's a great news for women's tennis, if other girls see you don't need to be 6+ feet high to be successful as long as you play to your strengths and work hard, maybe more of them will have hope and will not settle for mediocre career?

It seems Serena has her sight on the trophy and there's no stopping her.

szaromir

Banned
Serena's ace count this Wimbledon is fucking crazy, surely it must be a women record?
She set the record during Wimbledon 2010, I don't know if she's broken it yet. She hit the record 23 aces in a single match in the match against Zheng Jie. I imagine she will beat the record, especially if she gets to the final.

MIMIC

Banned
She set the record during Wimbledon 2010, I don't know if she's broken it yet. She hit the record 23 aces in a single match in the match against Zheng Jie. I imagine she will beat the record, especially if she gets to the final.

They just referenced it.

She has 22 now. 2 more and she beats her own record, lol

mclem

I do hope there's a good fight between Federer and Djokovic. Not least because it increases my chances of getting home for some of the Murray match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom