• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray can't out Spaniard a Spaniard. He needs to be aggressive and come into the net otherwise he will lose. Against Del Potro he would have had an easier time and won in the same manner as Ferrer.

szaromir

Banned
I recommend watching Tsonga vs Kohlschreiber. Big serves, big hitting, quick points, taking risk etc. Proper grass court game :)

I don't get Murrays match plan. Is he banking on Ferrer just having an incredibly bad day? Because this is the only way I can see this working. His only possibility to get Ferrer is to be more aggressive and get to the net. He can't possibly be thinking that he'll win the majority of long rallys?

Murray attacks a bit and it works. Why he doesn't play like that for longer periods baffles me.

Because it's not easy at all to do, especially for a player with a defensive mindset like Murray? He can hit a big flat forehand winner fine, he can hit two in a row at times but he can't play like that over a long period of time. His consistency isn't high enough when he goes for his shots.

As soon as he missed one like he did there at 0-30 on Ferrer's serve (big flat forehand in the bottom of the net), it kills him because he can't stand losing a point in such a "stupid" way. And thus he reverted to being passive and lost that game.

It requires a lot of of commitment/belief/practice to go for it in every single point like Delpo, Berdych or Tsonga do. It's complete different mindset. Murray won't do that unless he's in a losing position/bad spot.

There again at 4-3 in the tie break, Murray hit his forehand with more pace 5 times but he couldn't hit the 6th one well enough.

^Good points, still feel he could do a bit of a better job of it though esp against someone like Ferrer.

Crowd more nervous than Murray right now :lol

Deserved for Ferrer really. Murray needs to serve better here. Also need to make good on his second serve returns.

Edit - What Mac just said.

Gonna be interesting to see how Murray responds here.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ferrer is a boss and proof you don't need to be 1.85m+ for tennis. How often is this guy injured? I can see him playing until 35 years of age easy

Deserved for Ferrer really. Murray needs to serve better here. Also need to make good on his second serve returns.

Edit - What Mac just said.

Gonna be interesting to see how Murray responds here.

Indeed, Murray has improved steadily over the last couple years on his attacking game but for some reason his returning on 2nd serve isn't as good anymore. He used to be lethal but he's just not aggressive enough now.

Murray has responded well at the loss of the first set so far. He looks slightly on top since Ferrer couldn't serve it out at 5-3 in the first.

szaromir

Banned
Kohlschreiber in the semis would be so random and awesome. I like both him and Tsonga, they're playing a great match so far.

szaromir

Banned
It would also guarantee a Murray/Djokovic final.

I would quite fancy against Ferrer/Murray. He blew Nadal off court in Halle, he could do similar damage to those defensive players. He has the game to do it, not sure how he would handle the pressure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom