• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he thinks that realism is better for him than self-delusion and over-optimism, so be it

But he hasn't got a case of realism, his is one of pessimism. On a good day Tsonga can beat anyone on a fast court, including Fedgod, Djoker and Rafa. Tsonga has so much raw talent for the game and when he executes it well he is unplayable, for him to say that he hasn't got as much talent as Andy Murray is outright wrong and a case of defeatism.

If he cut out the unforced errors he could take his game to the next level and become world star like Rafa or Djoker, but if he doesn't believe it is possible, well he's already lost the battle. It's very disappointing, and he needs to start seeing a sports psychologist who will drill a winning attitude into him.

zero_suit

But he hasn't got a case of realism, his is one of pessimism. On a good day Tsonga can beat anyone on a fast court, including Fedgod, Djoker and Rafa. Tsonga has so much raw talent for the game and when he executes it well he is unplayable, for him to say that he hasn't got as much talent as Andy Murray is outright wrong and a case of defeatism.

If he cut out the unforced errors he could take his game to the next level and become world star like Rafa or Djoker, but if he doesn't believe it is possible, well he's already lost the battle. It's very disappointing, and he needs to start seeing a sports psychologist who will drill a winning attitude into him.

Technique wise, Andy Murray IS more talented.

Hootie

just poppin' in LttP to say FEDGOD AM GOD. Wooo!!

Just one more wimbledon fed, that's all i wanna see.

and maybe gold in London

Koshiro

So glad Murray has gotten to a Wimbledon final. Such an achievement, and well deserved. Don't fancy his chances against Fedgod, but I'm desperate to see him pull it off. Come on Murray!!

just poppin' in LttP to say FEDGOD AM GOD. Wooo!!

Just one more wimbledon fed, that's all i wanna see.

and maybe gold in London

i said it before but another wimby and singles gold and he has won everything and set pretty much every possible record. also extended his GS lead back to 6 which rafa would take another 6 years to get there at his current pace (highly unlikely that he can win another 6 RG)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Watching some HLs and the third set definitely was of amazing quality, after that Djokovic seemed to be lost at times tho

He is, he's turned into a whiny douche.

From complaining about day light after losing to Nadal at Wimbledon to calling Novak lucky... the shit he says these days, its fucking ridiculous.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Even tho it's not a direct quote this one is hilariously blunt

4. “Good for him,” Federer said sarcastically after being told Murray was the betting favorite for the 2009 Australian Open. “I mean, it doesn’t help him a whole lot. He’s never won a Slam.”

zero_suit

He is, he's turned into a whiny douche.

From complaining about day light after losing to Nadal at Wimbledon to calling Novak lucky... the shit he says these days, its fucking ridiculous.

It was not a good look when he cried during Nadal's championship ceremony at AO '09.

MrSerrels

It's easy to be gracious when you win everything. When Murray started taking games off him and Novak went on a tear that's when you saw the real Roger. He's an arrogant narcissistic twat. Look at the way Rafa and Novak present themselves and even Murray. Win or lose they're always respectful.

It's easy to be gracious when you win everything. When Murray started taking games off him and Novak went on a tear that's when you saw the real Roger. He's an arrogant narcissistic twat. Look at the way Rafa and Novak present themselves and even Murray. Win or lose they're always respectful.

Da fuck? Rafa is the most hypocritical and cheating player in the game today. Talkin' about when things aren't going Fed's way, did you see what fucking happened when Mowgli was getting sodomized by Rosol? Brahs just can't appreciate greatness and beauty.

clemenx

Banned
Da fuck? Rafa is the most hypocritical and cheating player in the game today. Talkin' about when things aren't going Fed's way, did you see what fucking happened when Mowgli was getting sodomized by Rosol? Brahs just can't appreciate greatness and beauty.

Yep. Healthy Rafa is undefeated!

But meh, ATP is pretty boring in that regard, I don't understand how could anyone take offense at anything the top 4 say or do.
The shades thrown in WTA everyday are way more enjoyable.

I like Murray and some of those Federer lines aren't even that bad. Especially #1, if anything it's just the truth.

Anyway, for sure Federer isn't some kind of saint like he is made out to be but I really don't think he's that bad. Nadal is just as good/bad as him IMO.

Djokovic is the coolest and most respectful guy out of them all IMO. Rarely see him make snide comments in his pressers after defeats. IMO all the others do it. I guess people are more annoyed at Federer because he is made out to be perfect, but yeah, don't think he's a monumental twat by any means. He could say a lot worse, esp considering what he's won. People way too sensitive.

I like Murray and some of those Federer lines aren't even that bad. Especially #1, if anything it's just the truth.

Anyway, for sure Federer isn't some kind of saint like he is made out to be but I really don't think he's that bad. Nadal is just as good/bad as him IMO.

Djokovic is the coolest and most respectful guy out of them all IMO. Rarely see him make snide comments in his pressers after defeats. IMO all the others do it. I guess people are more annoyed at Federer because he is made out to be perfect, but yeah, don't think he's a monumental twat by any means. He could say a lot worse, esp considering what he's won. People way too sensitive.

No doubt brah, I'm not going to judge a player like that since most/all do it. You can tell they are good people like Novak bringing 9/11 victims to his box at Us Open and the various REAL charities they do.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

You know, there is a user in menstennisforums that has the same exact username as you, but he seemed to have considered Fed as this evil Satan and Nadal as the God of the Universe or something. Which makes my head spin when I see you saying stuff like this here.

Are you both not the same person?

Speaking of which, is the MIMIC here is different than the MIMIC on menstennisforums as well? Both of GAF's version of MIMIC and that other MIMIC share the same dislike towards Federer, but the other one of menstennisforums seems much more.... intense in its dislike I am inclined to call it beyond just "dislike" but more like "unhealthy hatred". Is the MIMIC here and MIMIC there a different person....?

Also, the British need to decide whether Murray is a Brit or a Scot and stick with it, whether he manages to win or not. This flip-flopping between Brit and Scot depending on his achievement is just hilariously sad.

Babalu.

Ah yes my main man fed. I fucking called it. I believed in you bro when others doubted.

and sunday murray sampras and all of britain/scotsland can suck it.

c8E0O.jpg

Also, the British need to decide whether Murray is a Brit or a Scot and stick with it, whether he manages to win or not. This flip-flopping between Brit and Scot depending on his achievement is just hilariously sad.
They refer to him as both, and you drawing a correlation between when they use each term is most likely confirmation bias.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They refer to him as both, and you drawing a correlation between when they use each term is most likely confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias?

Hmm.

Seeing stuff such as that Andy Murray meter thingie is funny (in a sad way). Also I've oft seen myself places like BBC and Telegraph flip-flopping between Scot and Brit depending on their "mood", which is just weird.

Smellycat

I didn't get a chance to post until now.

I am over the moon after Federer's win. But it is not over yet. I was dreading a potential final with Murray. I hate to say this, but I think Murray has a good chance at winning the match.

I think Federer deserves it more. He has played consistent and great tennis since the U.S open. This is his moment. It is great that Murray is finally in the Wimbledon final, but he will have plenty of other chances. He is still young.

Let's do this Federer. You know what you have to do. One more great match and you will accomplish so many of your goals at once. No pressure, haha

qindarka

Banned
You know, there is a user in menstennisforums that has the same exact username as you, but he seemed to have considered Fed as this evil Satan and Nadal as the God of the Universe or something. Which makes my head spin when I see you saying stuff like this here.

Speaking of which, is the MIMIC here is different than the MIMIC on menstennisforums as well? Both of GAF's version of MIMIC and that other MIMIC share the same dislike towards Federer, but the other one of menstennisforums seems much more.... intense in its dislike I am inclined to call it beyond just "dislike" but more like "unhealthy hatred". Is the MIMIC here and MIMIC there a different person....?

I lurk on MTF a lot and there surely is no way that the Rafa=FedKilla there is being serious. He goes too far overboard all the time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I lurk on MTF a lot and there surely is no way that the Rafa=FedKilla there is being serious. He goes too far overboard all the time.

98% of MTF isn't serious....hopefully.

You never know... you never know....

There are lots of salty people there right now, as is any other popular tennis message boards. And salty people say lots of stupid things...

In any event, I know this is selfish but I do not give a damn about "the burden of an entire country" or whatever story Murray has to carry on his back during the final: hopefully Federer will emerge victorious in the end.

MIMIC

Banned

Unhealthy hatred? Wow, that's quite an exaggeration there.

And my dislike of Murray is MUCH stronger than my dislike of Fed, but I guess no one cares about Murray.

rapid32.5

Murray doesn't have the game to bother Fed even when he plays his best.
At best one set win over Fed, if Fed's serve performance decline drastically.
Fed will try to wrap it up as soon as possible before Murray wakes up.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Unhealthy hatred? Wow, that's quite an exaggeration there.

And my dislike of Murray is MUCH stronger than my dislike of Fed, but I guess no one cares about Murray.

Haha. Sorry mate, that's just honestly my impression of you from your posts over there.

Speevy

Banned
I say Federer in four.

If however Fed starts spraying errors everywhere, it could get interesting.

Serena will have another title by the time I wake up tomorrow.

I have a feeling Andy is going to cry like a baby if he loses. As a result, I will too. Tough to see a grown man cry.

that's a given, he's already done it after getting defeated by federer. and i don't blame him, i blame nobody. i actually like it, you see that they care about winning. and that's sometimes all i want.

not like the future WTA wimby champ who plays when they have some off time.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Great article by Rafa on the final and Andy Murray.

Rafa Nadal
Published 1 minute ago

It is the late evening in Sardinia where I am having a small holiday and I have had a call saying that Andy Murray has reached the final of Wimbledon. I did not see the match, but I can only begin to imagine the emotions he must have been feeling.
For Andy this is an amazing achievement. It is the home tournament. To be in the final, to be playing against the best in history in Roger Federer, he has been fighting for this for a long time and now it has happened. I am very happy for him.

To be in so many Wimbledon semi-finals and not be in the final — I am sorry that it was me who beat him on the last couple of occasions — is disappointing for him, but I knew the chance would come again and that if it did come, he would take it.
For me, he has had a great career already, even without winning a final of a grand-slam, but this means so much more. This is the special one of the four major tournaments we have in our sport, especially for a player from Britain.

This is the best possible final for Wimbledon. They deserve it. I wish all the people there that it is a great occasion. I know what it is like to play Roger on the last day of a major championship. He is still here after years and years of competing and if he wins the tournament he will become the No 1 player in the world again. He deserves that, Andy deserves to win a grand-slam. It is going to be a special afternoon.
For me, 2008 against Roger is still an unforgettable memory. It is impossible to describe or to put into words how I felt that day but it was beautiful, I know that. It was my dream always to win Wimbledon and I am sure the same is true for Andy. All I know is that it will be a match that no one who sees it will forget. I don’t know if I will be watching or not, it depends on my schedule.

I am a little sad that it is not me who is playing. I had to cancel an exhibition I was due to play against Novak Djokovic in the Bernabéu stadium in Madrid next Sunday for my foundation because I am still having some problems with my knees.
I needed a couple of infiltrations after the French Open final and I was not at my best to play at Wimbledon. I am very sorry for that but I have to look after myself first.

I’ve had a good year so far, I believe. I won Monte Carlo for the eighth time, Barcelona for a seventh time, Rome for the sixth time and Roland Garros for a seventh time, so I cannot be too disappointed with that.
I want to find the best tennis levels of my career again and to do that I have to make sure that I rest properly. I am hoping, hoping that I will be all right to play in the Olympic Games.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Great article by Rafa on the final and Andy Murray.

lol, this just comes off as really funny:

All I know is that it will be a match that no one who sees it will forget. I don’t know if I will be watching or not, it depends on my schedule.

"It's going to be an unforgettable match. Meh, I'll watch it if there's nothing else on or whatever."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom